Ethanol diesel

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Ethanol diesel

by abyssin3 » 03/07/07, 11:53

According to an info that I got from a company that sells LPG kits (topgas), we will soon see on the market kits to adapt diesels to ethanol, without additives (in fact they are already installing them ). Originally I was inquiring to convert a diesel to LPG.

The principle is to do something like with the HVB (bi-tank system / solenoid valve). The engine starts on diesel, then once started their system makes a diesel / ethanol emulsion. I do not know in what proportions, but it seems to me that ethanol remains the majority. At the same prices as an HVB kit.

Anyone heard of it already? It reminds me of the water / diesel emulsifier ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/07/07, 12:25

Yes it reminds me too ...

Otherwise here is what an ethanol tractor gives: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/se ... bioethanol

Harvests may be much faster
: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 03/07/07, 15:07

Hello

Too much ethanol in the diesel may run out of lubricant for the pump, already with the new diesel which is close to kerosene it's a bit dry for the old pumps in line
it is good to add a little oil to the diesel
for the walk to the fried potato I add a little alcohol 1% that allows a well marked decantation, faster, of the oil.
several solubile oils exist, notably the two-stroke one, but vegetable oil also does the trick, castor oil (but too expensive)

Andre
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 03/07/07, 18:08

Yes, the advantage of castor oil is that it can mix with ethanol in good proportions, but as you say it is expensive ...
Apparently in this system, I do not know where the ethanol passes, but I doubt that they add another injection pump, so it must be the emulsion which passes into the existing pump. I hadn't thought of that.
To choose I prefer (mechanically more than ecologically) bi-fuel diesel / LPG or methane (CNG). Simpler, at least in theory. But more expensive too. This is the price of an installation on a petrol vehicle, see more : Shock:

The fried potato still has a bright future ahead of it ...
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 04/07/07, 10:46

An idea that arises:
since alcohol is miscible with water, this system makes it possible to use a water / ethanol mixture, therefore to make an indirect water / diesel emulsion ...
It's probably worse for the injection pump, but other than that it's tempting to try ...
0 x
planetecolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

FAREWELL ETHANOL AND LIVE THE JATROPHA

by planetecolo » 04/07/07, 11:09

Since I discovered your site, I did a lot of research to be able to move around, heat water etc. etc. free of charge by reducing the negative effects of my impact on the environment.
With a Malagasy friend we are working on a project to build several houses in the north of Madagascar. If the cost of living is relatively low, the price of electricity is three times higher than in mainland France, hence the idea of ​​looking for equipment allowing us to produce this energy at a lower cost. I found a cogeneration group which should be marketed at the end of 2007 and which works with both diesel and oil, you probably know http://energiestro.com.
It was still necessary to quickly return the investment to be able to run on recovery oil but the restaurants in the sector do not jostle. But at the end of my research I came across an oil plant which grows in arid soils and which produces seeds producing oil allowing to be used as biofuel and not rejecting CO² but water vapor this oil is used in cosmetics, medicine, to make soap, this plant is used to make hedges, it is also planted to stop soil erosion.
So we decided to produce these seeds, as you can imagine we are not the only 2 oil companies have already signed contracts with a farmer's association to buy their production from them, it is initially planned to plant 1650 hectares. Average production is 1700 L per / hectare.
Mercedes has already started testing on 3 cars and will make some modifications to run 100% jatropha oil.
I hope this news will raise some comments I await your reactions. :frown:
Should I create a new post?
To the first three responses, I would send their author, on my first purchase, a small packet of seeds for his personal production.
Attention the plant fears frost, it should not be forgotten to return the pots in winter : Lol:
0 x
The difference between a child and an adult? the child dreams of Santa Claus, the adult votes.
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 04/07/07, 17:46

For the new post, yes, it's better.
Otherwise I have already heard of Jatropha as a plant of the future for the production of oil. Your info confirms it.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/07/07, 22:11

Hello Abyssin3

abyssin3 wrote:An idea that arises:
since alcohol is miscible with water, this system makes it possible to use a water / ethanol mixture, therefore to make an indirect water / diesel emulsion ...
It's probably worse for the injection pump, but other than that it's tempting to try ...

I seem to have read (I haven't tried) that as soon as we add water
there is separation of diesel and (alcohol + water). Not good .....

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: FAREWELL ETHANOL AND LIVE THE JATROPHA

by Woodcutter » 04/07/07, 22:25

planetecolo wrote:[...] Mercedes has already started the tests on 3 cars and will make some modifications to run 100% with jatropha oil. [...]
You should talk to a forumeur who is called "Hénorm" ... :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Diesel ethanol

by Woodcutter » 04/07/07, 22:32

abyssin3 wrote:According to an info that I got from a company that sells LPG kits (topgas), we will soon see on the market kits to adapt diesels to ethanol, without additives (in fact they are already installing them ). Originally I was inquiring to convert a diesel to LPG.

The principle is to do something like with the HVB (bi-tank system / solenoid valve). The engine starts on diesel, then once started their system makes a diesel / ethanol emulsion. I do not know in what proportions, but it seems to me that ethanol remains the majority. At the same prices as an HVB kit.

Anyone heard of it already? It reminds me of the water / diesel emulsifier ...

Here is an article on a diesel engine bus running on ethanol (it is also hybrid but that doesn't change anything ...)
http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/uneact ... ws_id=1850

So, just like for the "Flex-fuel kits" which seem rather doubtful to me, beware of sellers of miracles ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."