Ethanol diesel

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 19/08/07, 17:31

Yes for your information, Topgas sells diesel -> ethanol conversion kits.
You can look at their site:
http://www.topgas.org
but lately they weren't talking about it, so you have to contact them directly.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 19/08/07, 23:12

Hello

Why it is absolutely necessary that the ethanol go through the diesel injection pump
I remember having tested a fairly large water-alcohol mixture on the panton in a diesel (I was afraid that the engine would self-fuel)
why the ethanol would not simply be injected into the intake, but with rigorous control so that the engine does not run away or auto-ignition exceeds 15 for alcohol like diesels do 21
It seems to me in David's pages there was a diagram or a project for a 100% panton on a diesel engine which was powered with a butterfly like a gasoline engine, since what comes out of the panton is not self-igniting.

Andre
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 20/08/07, 13:15

Actually I'm not sure because I don't have the details of the kit, but if they put together a kit for this price, I think it should be as simple as possible and add another injection pump n would not go in that direction.
As for injecting alcohol into the air supply, I know that is done with the water injection kits (for rally). But in this case the quantity must be less than what you are talking about.
I'll try to take a look at the pages of Mr. David to find the system you speak of, it vaguely reminds me of something too, but then vaguely ...
0 x