Bioethanol - what it costs and what it gives

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 01/08/08, 11:37

Partisan opinion of the author, who moreover plays on the difference in density between alcohol and essence to artificially amplify the movement (by calculating in volume, curiously it is much less representative ...), and he does not know hardly any distillation process seems it since we do not evaporate the water, but the alcohol (at 78 ° C), forgetting that the oil is also distilled ... this kind of fun m 'annoying ... I am not particularly in favor of alcohol (at least under current production conditions, because otherwise it is a very valid fuel), but you have to stay objective ...
As for the beet industry, it does not need to be saved ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/08/08, 11:56

Hello Hazardine

[Off-topic mode = ON]
Hasardine wrote:... but his we confined all the architects 4 hours a day in a 2m2 kitchinette they would understand the torture they inflict on the inhabitants of certain buildings!

Yes, there are kicks in the c .. that get lost. I know an old building where there is a "room" not to call it a bedroom, so small that when you open the door it touches the bed post. Capacity of the room = 1 bed for 2 and a passage on 2 sides ... access to the window by passing over the bed. For the access to the cellar by the staircase, attention height limited to 1.6 m (fracture of the skull guaranteed for the one who looks only at his feet ...) When I asked why to the owner (the architect of the building) this staircase was also low, he explained to me quite simply, this allowed him to save a row of rubble on the whole building (It measured about 1.5 m .....)

Hasardine wrote:Flytox,
On the joke no comment

To compensate for the 2-ball joke, : Mrgreen: :
Why do women no longer want to get married?
They prefer to have bacon in the fridge
rather than a pig in the living room.
[Off-topic mode = OFF]
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/08/08, 12:03

Chatham wrote:Partisan opinion of the author, who moreover plays on the difference in density between alcohol and essence to artificially amplify the movement (by calculating in volume, curiously it is much less representative ...),

Not entirely agree, volume alone does not mean much ... what counts in a fuel is the energy it provides, therefore generally linked more to mass than to volume.

But ultimately it is the volume PCI that matters. However, the volume PCI of alcohol is lower (around 30%) than that of petrol.

I will try to resume its isoenergy calculations to refine them. Can you do the same if you want?

Otherwise the author's "contemptuous tone" does not defend his "cause" ... It's a shame because some of his ideas are relevant ...
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 01/08/08, 12:20

Christophe wrote:
Not entirely agree, volume alone does not mean much ... what counts in a fuel is the energy it provides, therefore generally linked more to mass than to volume.

But ultimately it is the volume PCI that matters. However, the volume PCI of alcohol is lower (around 30%) than that of petrol.

I will try to resume its isoenergy calculations to refine them. Can you do the same if you want?

Its method of calculation in mass gives 56% and not 30% as is the case in volume, moreover on bench one has an increase in VOLUME consumption of 30% and a gain of power of ~ 5% ( on a flexfuel vehicle "manufacturer") with fixed compression pressure, can be further improved with variable boost pressure)
For the PCI:
http://www.douane.gouv.fr/data/file/4033.pdf
0 x