4L LPG, gasoline, oil and pantone system

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
nano29
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

4L LPG, gasoline, oil and pantone system

by nano29 » 24/04/08, 13:22

Hello,

My project :
I would like to retype a 4L to make it as economical as possible. Knowing that there is no 4L diesel, I can only turn to gasoline. However, I just learned that there are some in the GPL.

My goal :
Participating in the 4L Trophy (raid for humanitarian purposes) will be an ambition, while also participating in the ecological program of this event.

My questions :
Can we make a 4L running on LPG, petrol, oil and steam?
What else is possible?

My remarks :
I need help : Cheesy:
0 x
RESEARCH renault 4L F6 for ambitious project -> make it run on gasoline and water vapor. Any help is welcome !
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/04/08, 13:46

: Arrow: During the introduction of LPG in France, replacing natural gas which had been stopped in the early 80s, many 4L were equipped with dual-fuel systems.

They were essentially vans, equipped with cylindrical tanks in the van.

I do not know to what extent we can gel a 4L today. The current standard R67-01 includes an LPG exhaust gas control via the Lambda probe, of which the 4L is devoid ... :?

The solution would be to find a 4L already with LPG with gray card in good standing and compliant LPG installation, that is to say equipped with a 27Bar safety valve prohibited in France before 2001 and made compulsory after (hence the new standard) .

I advise you to consult the Forum Fever High place French speaking of LPG. 8)

Finally, getting LPG during an event like the 4LTrophy will not be easy ...

For a Pantone type transformation, this has already been done on the 4LTrophy, launches research on the forum.
0 x
nano29
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nano29 » 24/04/08, 14:15

Thank you for your information :D

So, since I get information everywhere, a project cannot be set up overnight; I just learned that a gasoline engine cannot run on oil. Only diesel engines can.

For your remark on LPG, it will indeed be hard to find LPG in Africa! But I plan to keep the 4L after : Cheesy: However, the work to bring the car up to standard is very expensive. :? I have to think about this problem ...

My main goal is really to "make" the most economical 4L possible. For this, I really try to explore all avenues: LPG (very rare on these cars, moreover must be brought up to standard), diesel (not possible, no production on this type of engine), gasoline (yes but expensive), pantone system (to be carried out, but the explanation remains very vague, adjustments to obtain a good yield are very difficult to achieve), pure or recycled vegetable oil (not possible because no diesel engine).

After the sun or others, I haven't looked too much yet :|

Advice, ideas and opinions are always welcome : Cheesy:
0 x
RESEARCH renault 4L F6 for ambitious project -> make it run on gasoline and water vapor. Any help is welcome !
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/04/08, 16:19

: Arrow: Since you are looking for a 4L F6, you have a small chance of finding LPG and therefore standards ...

My "idealistic" choice would be to turn off the engine to put an electric motor, some batteries (not too many) and to add a generator to recharge the batteries while driving.
With this kind of architecture we can manage to consume less than 3 liters per 100. 8)

This remains a sacred job to achieve and compatibility for a raid (crossing fords) is a major obstacle ... :frown:
0 x
nano29
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nano29 » 24/04/08, 16:44

: Shock: Yes why not !
But then, where can I get an electric motor, batteries and a generator ?!

This is a track that I must explore, if you have information (documentation and other) on it, I'm still interested!

@soon
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/04/08, 20:15

: Arrow: It is a vast subject very documented in English ...

In French there is the green vehicle Quebec site,
the electric Dyane, and of course the essential forum electric vehicles

In English, you must see the existing achievements on evalbum and search by brand. This site lists many original renault electrics; Dauphines (yes!), Clio, Express, and several R5s transformed by the company Lectric Leopard ... The motorization of the R5 and the R4 being common ... 8)
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."