100 85% bioethanol E205 in carbu

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 21/10/11, 13:23

Little update, the real trouble came from the ignition cable that starts from the coil to the distributor head. He was constantly getting rid of it. I bought a new one, and the car is now running very well.

I bought another PMH sensor and I reversed the threads on the AEI (as mentioned in many documents), it works very well like that. The conso after some tests is about 9 L / 100 km with 80% of city, even 10 L / 100 km so big caps. On the other hand on road / highway, it goes down between 8 and 9 L / 100 km a priori. I think it is possible to mount without problem sprinklers smaller (in my opinion 25% 30% should be enough) because I think I put a little big at first (+ 38%). We should gain a lot in conso.

I think to put the car on sale, because the E85 is expensive here in the Czech Republic, about 1,10 EUR / L (I do not save more money on E85 than SP95), and pumps are rare . I wish to switch to electric soon. If anyone is interested we can talk about it in MP.
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 23/10/11, 09:20

Something weird, when I rolled with the original sprinklers, it smelled good alcohol, since I turn with the new sprinklers, it feels like before the gasoline (kind imbrules), although it is still 100 % of E85. Would I be too rich in purpose :?:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 24/10/11, 09:27

Look at the state of your candles, but I think yes you're too rich..Other thing the E85 may be richer in essence at home winters ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 25/10/11, 21:34

Here is the head of the candles after 300 km at E85.

It looks like a thin layer of green oxide on the electrode, passing the finger on it, it is removed right now it's weird : Shock: .

Otherwise I do not know what to think of that, they do not have the same color according to the cylinders (the very white, it is the cylinder number 1, the green the number 4), and would it be too rich :?:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/10/11, 22:33

The interpretation of the color of the candles is difficult. For example on a two-stroke (color the candle + faster than a 4 time !?) you make a typical course cleat. You stop the engine immediately and you disassemble immediately to see the color of the candle, or you do the same course cleat but you slow down gently, do a little idle and wait a little that it cool before removing the candle. Well the result is different! AMHA, absolutely avoid the box slowed that darken / color the candles and coated error .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 26/10/11, 06:46

And yes as written Flytox. For the color candle is the engine break has different diets and disassembly on site for inspection ... And then frankly I do not know if too rich in alcohol it gives the same thing too rich in gasoline in terms of on the candle..A fire of alcohol in the open air without forced addition of oxigene burns blue transparent and does not smoke..A petrol fire in the same conditions we see more smoke than the flames .. .
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 31/10/11, 16:46

Thanks for these precisions, apparently the green maybe of the chromium oxide :?: What are the candle electrodes made of?

Otherwise, in order to compare, I put the sprinklers of origin and SP95 for this week, we will see what is the difference of conso in practice ... :P
0 x
Lew22
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re:

by Lew22 » 20/11/18, 23:39

Pastekos wrote:I update this topic.

I have been driving for a while now at 100% E85.

I got new info that 'mont allowed to calculate the size of my new sprinklers.
Important Info: For the combustion of E85 to be complete it is necessary to respect the stoichiometric ratio of 9.86g of air for 1g of E85, against the 14.7g of air for 1g of gasoline.

It is therefore necessary to put 1.5 sprinklers once bigger.

This is the calculation I used to calculate my new main sprinklers (it's a dual-body carburetor), my idle jet, and the recovery pump sprinkler.

At the level of ignition, it is necessary to take advantage of the 105 octane level of the E85, against 98 for the SP98.
I did my calculation according to my technical doc.
By doing a rule of three with the original maximum lead of my igniter for SP98.
So, after calculation, I added 4 ° in advance.

With these only mods, the car works perfectly, and does not consume more, see less than with SP98. Moreover this weekend, for 264kms small roads cevennes, I consumed 6.4L / 100.

My very last change (last night) is the change of candles, for warmer candles (lower thermal index), the original candles on a 6 index at NGK, I mounted 5 indices.

I made this modification to improve the cold start. Because you have to know that E85 has a latent heat of 855kj / kg against only 335kj / kg for gasoline.

Clearly, it means that the E85 absorbs 3 times more heat in the cylinder to vaporize than gasoline. The consequence is that the engine efficiency is improved, but the engine is much longer to rise in temperature.

The warmer candles have significantly improved the cold start, as well as the stability of the idle, even when hot.

Voila, I wanted to share my experience with you, since I arrive at the end of my experiments, since the car works perfectly.

Nico.

Having read a part of the topic, if I understand correctly your main jet was from 120 you're getting up to 140 and now by doing the 1.5x you have a 180 jet? (I have the idea to buy a gasoline express and ethanol team :?: :?:
0 x
Remundo

Re: 100% SuperEthanol E85 in 205 carburetor

by Remundo » 21/11/18, 07:15

congratulations to Pastekos who understood everything and kindly shared the results of his changes.

I hope that your hoses of the gasoline circuit will support the E85 because unfortunately on the very old cars, some do not like it too much.

But otherwise, you've done exactly the right carburation adjustments.

You avoid buying a new car, which is environmentally friendly, unlike the current nonsense trumpeted by the government.

You give work to French farmers.

So congratulations and good road.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Re:

by Leo Maximus » 22/11/18, 11:50

Lew22 wrote: (I have the idea to buy a gasoline express and ethanol team :?: :?:

At first, it's an interesting idea, we have opportunities to 500 €. Whaouhhh .... :)

At the second rabord: buy a Renault Express 80 ~ 90 years, even 500 € is also buy Renault reliability of those years, uh ...... : Shock: : Lol: (personal experience, it's ruin ...), and riding the E85 does not dispense the CT increasingly severe ... And the savings on fuel may be swallowed up by maintenance .
0 x