Uptech misting air cooler test (Foir'Fouille brand)

Buying well and choosing a product or service well means, in addition to being satisfied, consuming less and preserving the planet, it is essential in 2021 to buy better! Also the exchange of information and experiences makes it possible to avoid various scams and crooks. In 2021, it is essential to exchange your experiences of use, positive or negative, because the market for products and services for the consumer has never been so abundant in the history of mankind. Helping to choose better is essential because buying better means buying sustainable!
Christophe

Uptech misting air cooler test (Foir'Fouille brand)

by Christophe » 26/06/21, 15:49

2 years ago I bought and tested the Arctic Air Cube, see: notice-what-to-choose / ir-test-and-photos-of-the-arctic-air-ultra-mini-air conditioning-evaporation-cube-t16045.html

I was rather happy "in direct use" ...

Today at the Fouille Fouille (1st day of "shopping" since the covid in March 2020 ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: ) I came across a much larger model based on the same principle and sold 49 € ...

Given the recurring heatwaves, it is necessary to cool off and it is out of the question to buy a real energy-intensive and noisy air conditioner (there was a small one for less than 200 € in the same radius ... but 800W of consumption ... or 12 times more ...)

As a reminder, the Artic Cube was sold € 39 at Le..rc ... (and we can find it at more than 50 ...) : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

49 € for a 65W misting fan model you can't find better on the Internet ...

I will do the same tests, for the moment here are some pictures of the characteristics, it is given for 65W (7.5W for the Artic) and I saw that there was a small pump at the bottom of the tank (10 to 15W I presume?) ... and an input filter!

uptech_refreshment.jpg
uptech_rafraichisseur.jpg (315.99 KiB) Viewed 7649 times

uptech_refresh_2.jpg
uptech_rafraichisseur_2.jpg (279.32 KiB) Viewed 7649 times

uptech_refresh_3.jpg
uptech_rafraichisseur_3.jpg (98.6 KiB) Viewed 7649 times

I unpack and do some IR measurements ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Test of the Uptech misting air cooler (Foir'Fouille brand)

by Christophe » 26/06/21, 16:23

Here he is on his way!

After verification, Uptech is a brand of Froir'Fouille in fact ... I don't know if we can find this model elsewhere ... but there may be clones ...

uptech_refresh_7.jpg
uptech_rafraichisseur_7.jpg (165.57 KiB) Viewed 7629 times

First impressions (it's not very hot today):

a) It blows well
b) It sweeps well from left to right (almost 40 ° on each side), the height adjustment is fixed.
c) A little noisy compared to a fan of the same flow but which would have a larger surface / footprint
d) We hear the water "flowing" (there is a loop: what is not evaporated falls back into the tank)
e) It only blows on the left (black) part ... Weird ... I'll look at how it's done inside after 1 first tank emptied ...

uptech_refresh_4.jpg
uptech_rafraichisseur_4.jpg (80.22 KiB) Viewed 7629 times

Here is the interesting information of the notice:

uptech_refresh_6.jpg
uptech_rafraichisseur_6.jpg (310.66 KiB) Viewed 7629 times

uptech_refresh_5.jpg

Data to be compared to those of the Artic Cube is finally a good gadget on the side (suddenly I have a little doubts about the Arctic stats table: its Service value would be 4 times better ?? ..) ... for the same price:

0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/06/21, 16:26

Personally, I don't need this sort of thing. We have a well insulated house and a large thermal amplitude between day and night. When I go to bed, I open everything wide, when my wife gets up she closes everything and the house stays cool until evening. There, it is 30 ° outside (under shelters) and 22.6 ° inside. Gratos.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/21, 16:41

Well not at home (nor at many people, especially collective housing or worse under roof spaces in the city center) ...

I have a house in Siporex (therefore rather well insulated as well) but with a large bay window facing west without solar mask of not far from 12 m² of surface on a very large room with mezzanine ... 'summer !

So if it saves heating for winter and mid season, in hot weather, even closed curtains, it's difficult to withstand the heat upstairs ...

A real air conditioning would bring nothing more considering the volumes and powers at stake! I refuse to put one anyway!
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 26/06/21, 16:56

Christophe wrote:Well not at home (nor at many people, especially collective housing or worse under roof spaces in the city center) ...

I have a house in Siporex (therefore rather well insulated as well) but with a large bay window facing west without solar mask of not far from 12 m² of surface on a very large room with mezzanine ... 'summer !

So if it saves heating for winter and mid season, in hot weather, even closed curtains, it's difficult to withstand the heat upstairs ...

A real air conditioning would bring nothing more considering the volumes and powers at stake! I refuse to put one anyway!

you have to plant trees that shade your bay window in summer and lose their leaves in winter, you will gain at least 5 ° C.
1 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/21, 16:57

There are ... but for the moment they only cover about 1/3 of the height of the bay window (but almost 100% of the window on the same section of the wall) ... I will take a picture for you. but it is not the debate of this subject ...

It was indeed hotter a few years ago ... but heatwaves are more frequent and hotter today ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/21, 17:20

Here is the west facade, the perspective effect makes you have the impression that the trees are taller than in real life ... but it is not more than 1/3 of the bay window seen from the inside ...

facade_west.jpg
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/06/21, 19:57

The performance of these devices is highly dependent on the humidity of the air - the lower the RH (Relative Humidity), the more water evaporates and "consumes" calories ... The more it "cools".

But the more the water evaporates, and in an enclosed space, the more the RH increases !!!

And the more the efficiency drops !!!

In addition, the feeling, for the same temperature, depends on the RH. So when the RH increases, even if the "thermometric" temperature drops, the temperature felt may not drop - or even rise! And that, it takes calculations to estimate this "felt temperature" ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/21, 20:04

Yes Didier, in principle I agree but this is the discourse of the defenders of true energy climates that ...

Except that: 3.5 L that "enters" in how many m3 of air according to you Didier at 100% RH?

I found my hygrometer I would do% RH tests if you are interested (with the Arctic it did not evaporate enough to be measurable) ...

What is certain is that I have never had a feeling of heaviness after using the arctic while being directly in the flow, even during a full night ... This larger model allows you to process a lot more air ... so it should be more noticeable.

And above all nothing prevents ventilation ... in a classic air conditioning must also evacuate the hot air (often rather humid ...) and no house is 100% waterproof ...

The real downside of these systems is that the feeling of freshness is "in or near the air flow" ... It is closer to optimized fans than air conditioning ... I have never claimed the opposite .. .but it consumes 10 times less current and there is no need for calorie removal!

For skeptics, your best bet is if you test after all.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 30/06/21, 10:09

Christophe wrote:... this is the speech of the defenders of real energy-hungry climates that ...

It is first and foremost a fact!

I avoid "0/1" speeches. All or nothing. If you're for it, don't you admit an argument against ... Just because a moron uses a right argument doesn't mean I'm going to reject that right argument! You add that if nothing is perfect in this world, everything "good" necessarily has negative sides. Just scratch or open your eyes! Or, in other words, if in your opinion, a good thing cannot have bad side, it is that there is like a problem. Eyes blocked. Skewed look. Dogma....

As for the "potential", some simple data (are you too lazy to calculate it?):

- the air density is about 1,3 kg / m3
- at 35 °, air with an RH of 55% contains 19,6 g of water (vapor) / kg of air
- always at 35 °, at 90%, it's 32,7 g ...
- to go from 55% ("normal", with us) to 90% ("heavy"), it is therefore necessary to provide about 13 g of water / kg of air

So if we take a small room (4 x 4 x 2,7) of 45 m3 about 58 kg of air, it is necessary to bring about 750 g of water ...

In reality a little less, since the air having been conditioned, it saturates more quickly!

So, yes, fortunately the room is not waterproof.

But if it is not waterproof, the ... hot air enters! And it's a bit like the snake biting its tail.

Let’s hear, I’m not saying it’s not working. I say that we can not compare with an air conditioning (which, it dries the air and increases the feeling of comfort).

But I am not for air conditioning. I do not have any. I have an inertial house that I regulate "passively". I have a refuge in the basement if ever heat waves even more severe than the ones we have known should strike us. But I had both systems in Africa. And there was no picture. When the rainy season arrived, the evaporator was unliveable. In the dry season, with very low RH, on the other hand, yes, it was an elegant solution ... which humidifies the air, which is then welcome.
1 x