Give the computing power of your PC climatologists

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 10/03/06, 15:53

For electricity it came to my mind, to inflate their contribution, people will certainly tend to leave their computers running longer.

Other than that, I don't see the problem and running a process in the background or not, it still doesn't change consumption a lot.

As for sensitive data, already I don't really see how they are sensitive, then, receiving 1/10 000 th of the information, it seems difficult to exploit.

Finally it is rather better to use what exists rather than expressly manufactured huge super computers, which will be out of date and therefore to be replaced very very quickly and of which they themselves consume a lot.

It is clear that there is also the exploit side (getting to fire programs on thousands of machines around the world) for perhaps questionable uses (although). But except if people leave their computers on for that reason, I don't see the problem.

Christophe, for once everything is not centralized but on the contrary distributed to everyone, you should like it. :?
0 x
Forumecolo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Forumecolo » 10/03/06, 16:38

For those who would be interested in joining a team, I put the link to you:
Team: "Eco-citizens"

It's not revolutionary but it allows you to come together for the stats, it's more fun and more motivating I think ... : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Air Pollution and solutions against air pollution"