The lies of environmental activism on pollution

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The lies of environmental activism on pollution

by Exnihiloest » 26/04/20, 14:32

"The cause is heard. For all or almost all political decision-makers, the use of the car is the source of air pollution and emissions of fine particles and nitrogen oxides… During major episodes of air pollution , alternating traffic or the prohibition of the most polluting vehicles have been introduced in particular in Paris and the Paris region. The city of Paris banned in 2016 and 2019 the circulation of the oldest and most polluting vehicles ... "

"Logically therefore, with confinement, the stoppage of a good part of economic activity and the spectacular drop in automobile traffic, illustrated, among other things, by the historic collapse in fuel consumption, the quality of air should have improved considerably. It is not so"
https://www.transitionsenergies.com/con ... arisienne/

So ? Banning the most polluting cars, prohibiting lanes to penalize traffic, imposing restrictions on days of peak pollution, what is it justified for ?! Nothing. Ideology, beliefs, dogmas. Ecofascism, that's it.
0 x
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: The lies of environmental activism on pollution

by phil12 » 26/04/20, 15:15

Hello, and econnerie you know? : roll:`

Because no environmentalist has ever talked about this single factor! there are also some foul smelling releases that contribute greatly : Mrgreen:
This factor has also been correlated in the past with those who pump our air!
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Flytox

by Flytox » 26/04/20, 15:53

Exnihiloest wrote:"The cause is heard. For all or almost all political decision-makers,the use of the car is the source of air pollution and emissions of fine particles and nitrogen oxide… During major episodes of atmospheric pollution, alternating traffic or the prohibition of the most polluting vehicles have been introduced in particular in Paris and in the Paris region. The city of Paris banned in 2016 and 2019 the circulation of the oldest and most polluting vehicles ... "

"Logically therefore, with confinement, the stoppage of a good part of economic activity and the spectacular drop in automobile traffic, illustrated, among other things, by the historic collapse in fuel consumption, the quality of air should have improved considerably. It is not so"
https://www.transitionsenergies.com/con ... arisienne/

So ? Banning the most polluting cars, prohibiting lanes to penalize traffic, imposing restrictions on days of peak pollution, what is it justified for ?! Nothing. Ideology, beliefs, dogmas. Ecofascism, that's it.

In your link, (https://www.transitionsenergies.com/con ... arisienne/), it's more nuanced than in your words:

This does not mean that vehicles do not emit fine particles and nitrogen oxide and that they thus do not contribute to degrading the atmosphere, particularly in metropolitan areas and the Paris conurbation. It simply means that the question of air pollution is complex, that the automobile represents only a part of it with heating, industry, agriculture ... And that fine particles move for hundreds of kilometers or even thousands of kilometers.

Finally, this means that stigmatizing only the automobile is tantamount to misleading opinion. This does not greatly improve air quality and the health of people affected by air pollution. People who, according to several very recent studies, are more likely to be seriously affected by the coronavirus.

It is true that our political decision-makers quite easily accuse the automobile in general of being responsible for atmospheric pollution, particularly in cities. Above all, they have not accustomed us to criticize and attack the "pollutant" performances of the other main polluters: residential heating; industry and agriculture. From there to doing nothing when some speak of 7 deaths per year worldwide due to atmospheric pollution .... : roll:

Well, this one says the opposite, it measures the decrease in pollution in certain big cities since the confinement .... : Mrgreen:

https://fr.statista.com/infographie/21267/amelioration-qualite-de-l-air-pollution-dans-les-villes-confinement-coronavirus/

With containment measures underway in many parts of the world, air quality in large urban areas has improved overall - more or less visibly depending on the city. But China's example shows that these improvements are probably only temporary.
The reductions in nitrogen dioxide (NO₂) concentration in April compared to the same period in 2019 are most visible in cities where strict containment measures are applied. Significant improvements in air quality can be seen in Madrid and Delhi, but also in other capitals, such as Paris, Rome, London or Mexico City. Nitrogen dioxide is a gas produced 95% from the combustion of fossil fuels, emitted mainly by motor vehicles and factories, and therefore constitutes a good indicator of atmospheric pollution induced by human activities outside the home.
In Wuhan, where the coronavirus appeared and where the epidemic now appears to be under control, life began to resume its course gradually in April - which can be distinguished by observing the levels of nitrogen dioxide concentrations, which increased again to levels comparable to 2019.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 26/04/20, 16:54

Regarding Geneva, difficult to draw a conclusion in view of the measures ,,,?
1-In town
pm10 Geneva 2020.png
pm10 Geneve 2020.png (123.77 KiB) Viewed 5504 times

2-In the suburbs
pm10 GE 2020.png
pm10 GE 2020.png (137.9 KB) Viewed 5504 times

3-In the countryside
pm10 GE-2020 campaign.png
pm10 GE-campagne 2020.png (123.35 KiB) Viewed 5504 times

The curves are similar, with a peak on March 28 ... :?:

source:
https://www.ge.ch/connaitre-qualite-air ... ualite-air
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 26/04/20, 17:16

Would like to Ningbo in China during confinement:

For statistics, March and April are the months when the pollution of agricultural fertilizers is maximum. We will see at the next confinement in October what it gives.

Otherwise, on May 11 to make you happy I take my car all day to PETER the record of traffic jams.

AND IT IS!!

Are you suffocating? I fuck you. : Mrgreen:
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 26/04/20, 18:33

I don't know how far to take your message ...

But what is the pollution of agricultural fertilizers in the atmosphere? production or spreading?
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 26/04/20, 19:49

But what is the pollution of agricultural fertilizers in the atmosphere? production or spreading?

Fertilizers are a mixture of ammonia and nitrogen oxides. They react to form fine particles.
However, as we see today in Paris, spring is the period of agricultural spreading, a major supplier of fine particles. In fact, during spreading, the ammonia gas (NH3) will, passing through the atmosphere, react with nitrogen oxides (NOx) to form particles of ammonium nitrate and ammonium sulfate.

Every year, during the same period, agricultural applications are responsible for spring pollution peaks during the months of March to May.

https://strasbourgrespire.fr/2020/03/ep ... -et-virus/
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 26/04/20, 21:50

A fall in trompe-l'oeil

"It is true that for nitrogen dioxide linked in particular to exhaust emissions, the decrease is very clear, on the other hand, this is not the case for the other pollutants that we observe ", explains Christelle Bellanger, communication manager of Atmo Nouvelle-Aquitaine.

"On Saturday March 28, we recorded an increase in pollution from PM10, these fine particles suspended in the air, in Vienne and Deux-Sèvres"

This concentration is nothing exceptional at this time of year, says Atmo. "It is a common phenomenon in the spring when working in the fields, in particular the spreading of nitrogenous fertilizers, we know that there are emissions of ammonia. And this gas will react with the nitrogen dioxide present. in air to form ammonium nitrate microparticles ", specifies Christelle Bellanger.

https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/agricul ... 1586266160
No "lie" on the part of the environmentalists, but one more attempt at manipulation on the part of Tryphon. Hey, what did you expect? : Mrgreen:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/04/20, 10:32

ENERC wrote:Image

I may have tried everything to get out of smoke plumes like those there on my 156 to poison the clusters of colorful retirees like parrots on bicycles that cost the price of dacia that invest the country roads of spring and make you fingers when you exceed them after having followed them at 20km / h for 2 km .... I never succeeded ... My injectors must not be big enough : Cheesy: However I went hard on the Smoke map (AFR air fuel ratio) ... or so ... I did not find a hidden limiter somewhere ... Will be what I am looking for next spring ... The covid will probably not have them all stunned ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 28/04/20, 10:54

Bonjour,

By cons on the green busisness the last Michael Moore, free:
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/