The "anti 4 x 4" device coming soon to us

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/10, 12:43

Leo Maximus wrote:
So you have to explain to me why she has nothing to do in town with her 4 x 4 which is shorter by 20 cm and barely heavier than her old car ....

Conversely, can you explain what is the deep interest, I mean "technically", of a 4 x 4 in the city?

You can also go mountain biking in your bathroom, play pétanque in a porcelain store or whatever ... But don't be surprised if it surprises ...

Sorry, for me, it's not "intended for" (although with marketing we can sell everything to anyone - classic trick: water softeners in villages where the water is not hard ).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/10, 12:59

Leo Maximus wrote:[

The 4 x 4 Lexus RX-400h and RX-450h will automatically be "green badge" because they do not reject NOx or particles: lol:!

!

I want you to defend your wife's 4 x 4, but from there to cite the lexus as an example.

Certainly, below 50 km / h, it is in electric mode. However, emissions are measured according to standardized cycles. And the Lexus is still at 190 g of CO² / km ... So CO and NOx follow ... particles too.

Oddly, we do not find data on the internet!
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 24/12/10, 13:01

Did67 wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:
So you have to explain to me why she has nothing to do in town with her 4 x 4 which is shorter by 20 cm and barely heavier than her old car ....

Conversely, can you explain what is the deep interest, I mean "technically", of a 4 x 4 in the city?

Sorry, for me, it's not "intended for" (although with marketing we can sell everything to anyone - classic trick: water softeners in villages where the water is not hard ).

The majority of people see in the 4x4 a sort of minivan with a different look, moreover the vast majority of 4x4s are SUVs and often not even 4x4 but 4x2 ... The "real" 4x4s (like land rover, Lada Niva, etc ..) there are actually very few, and these are the ones who are uncomfortable on the road and even less on the motorway and who consume a lot because of their specialization.
Some people also ask the question of why the Niva petrol engine: by -30 or even less petrol even without engine preheating it starts as long as the engine oil is not frozen, a diesel not (frozen fuel), moreover, diesel vehicles (for example caterpillars) which drive in the far north, they turn almost continuously unless they are connected to a heater when they are not in use.
Many SUVs are relatively light and consume barely more than a station wagon and the same as a comparable conventional MPV.
The advantage of the SUV (4x4 or not) is its versatility and this is precisely what most people are looking for ... I don't specifically defend them, it's just an objective observation.
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 24/12/10, 15:06

For me, the problem is solved, I no longer go downtown.

The ban only concerns Paris currently, it seems to me.

SixK
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 27/12/10, 12:00

Did67 wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:

No answer possible, the "4 x 4" does not exist, moreover the gray card indicates "Break". It is a type of bodywork:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_de_carrosserie#Break

So what is the point of a city break? Certainly important since this type of vehicle is becoming widespread.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 27/12/10, 12:04

Did67 wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:[

The 4 x 4 Lexus RX-400h and RX-450h will automatically be "Green badge" because they do not reject NOx or particles : Lol: !

!

I want you to defend your wife's 4 x 4, but from there to cite the lexus as an example.

Certainly, below 50 km / h, it is in electric mode. However, emissions are measured according to standardized cycles. And the Lexus is still at 190 g of CO² / km ... So CO and NOx follow ... particles too.

Oddly, we do not find data on the internet!

Yes..! And on econologie.com! : Lol: see in the subject "car of the future".
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 27/12/10, 12:26

oiseautempete wrote:
The majority of people see in the 4x4 a sort of minivan with a different look, moreover the vast majority of 4x4s are SUVs and often not even 4x4 but 4x2 ... The "real" 4x4s (like land rover, Lada Niva, etc ..) there are actually very few, and these are the ones who are uncomfortable on the road and even less on the motorway and who consume a lot because of their specialization.
Some people also ask the question of why the Niva petrol engine: by -30 or even less petrol even without engine preheating it starts as long as the engine oil is not frozen, a diesel not (frozen fuel), moreover, diesel vehicles (for example caterpillars) which drive in the far north, they turn almost continuously unless they are connected to a heater when they are not in use.
Many SUVs are relatively light and consume barely more than a station wagon and the same as a comparable conventional MPV.
The advantage of the SUV (4x4 or not) is its versatility and this is precisely what most people are looking for ... I don't specifically defend them, it's just an objective observation.

Absolutely birdish, these are multi-purpose vehicles, you can put firewood, tiller, mower, bikes, large appliances, etc ...

The top of the range has the disengageable 4-wheel drive transmission because, generally, these are front-wheel drive, the engines are the same as those of the sedans. Most of these vehicles are Euro 5 standards, this is not at all the case for the millions of Clio 1.9Ds that drive in town.

The quest for versatility is not just about the automobile; if you look around, everything becomes versatile.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/12/10, 13:41

Frankly I find these fabulous ideas of a comic ecolobobo distressing ... Environmental zones in the city : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: What the disappearance of some SUV or 4x4 will improve it inside .... Que dale. just one more completely ineffective show measurement ... When we still see the number of 2-stroke mobs that roll emitting their blue smoke. 'Hc ....

Another ineptitude which confirms me in my stubbornness to continue driving in a 4x4 at the RVH and to simply boycott ... the city ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 27/12/10, 16:58

Otherwise, what does the "econological vox populi" think about the urban toll issue?

Did67 wrote:

None of course, but modern consumption is now based on a simple principle: it is supply that "directs" demand.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 27/12/10, 18:25

Macro wrote:Frankly I find these fabulous ideas of a comic ecolobobo distressing ... Environmental zones in the city : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: What the disappearance of some SUV or 4x4 will improve it inside .... Que dale. just one more completely ineffective show measurement ... When we still see the number of 2-stroke mobs that roll emitting their blue smoke. 'Hc ....

Another ineptitude which confirms me in my stubbornness to continue driving in a 4x4 at the RVH and to simply boycott ... the city ...

It is in application of European standards, we put pressure on France which has almost ignored them until now:

Euro standards:

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/ ... 186_fr.htm
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norme_euro ... ssion_Euro

European standards remain extremely lax, even the Euro6 standard, AMHA: the Prius I in 1997 was already Euro6 standards.

"Chasing 4 x 4s from cities" is a smokescreen to pass future legislation because most of what are called "4 x 4s" are up to standard, for example with the entry-level Duster which is already in EURO5 standards. With its 1180 kg and 4,31 m it will be difficult to drive it out of the cities. It is Mr. Toutlemonde's unpolluted Diesel that is targeted.
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 28 / 12 / 10, 09: 38, 1 edited once.
0 x

Back to "Air Pollution and solutions against air pollution"