Pesticides: standard agriculture cohabitation - dwellings

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pesticides: cohabitation standard agriculture - dwellings

by humus » 19/09/21, 18:44

izentrop wrote: replacing glyphosate with tillage, therefore more oil consumption and more greenhouse gases emitted, therefore contrary to the fight against CD.

When you feed tractors with biofuel, it remains to be proven : Mrgreen:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 19/09/21, 18:49

izentrop wrote:
It's all just a balance of power policy financial.
Hard to see reality
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 19/09/21, 19:08

humus wrote:
izentrop wrote: replacing glyphosate with tillage, therefore more oil consumption and more greenhouse gases emitted, therefore contrary to the fight against CD.

And he has not yet integrated the fact that in certain areas of industrial agriculture, the workforce is predominantly human and these days unavailable. In any case rarefied ...
These gentlemen are so poor in terms of wages that they are forced to organize airlifts (hello carbon footprint) to bring in foreign workers. On the other hand, when it comes to engulfing the billions of the CAP, there they are lucky, his pals. : Evil:
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/09/21, 20:05

humus wrote:
It's even worse if we take stock https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 005-4679-8 and that land use change is taken into account, which is not done by Ademe studies at government orders.

All this works thanks to the aid created for the occasion, such as for methanization and wind turbines, but these are environmental heresies.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 20/09/21, 07:47

izentrop wrote:
humus wrote:
It's even worse if we take stock https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 005-4679-8 and that land use change is taken into account, which is not done by Ademe studies at government orders.

All this works thanks to the aid created for the occasion, such as for methanization and wind turbines, but these are environmental heresies.

Oddly for tractors, I was thinking of rapeseed oil as fuel, but I did not see the case mentioned in your report.
(US study sponsored by the oil lobby? : Mrgreen: )

However, the production of this new 100% vegetable energy requires the use of conventional energy. The agricultural machinery used to grow rapeseed still runs on fossil fuels, and farmers cultivate the plant using pesticides. But "the energy balance is positive", however, assures the group. "It takes 1 liter of conventional fuel to produce 3,7 liters of Oleo 100", calculates Avril which quotes Ademe (the Environment and Energy Management Agency).

https://www.lefigaro.fr/conso/2018/11/0 ... -colza.php

Or here, you will find a study (see table) where all the productions have a positive balance
https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00884441/document

In my mind, it is not a question of supplying the vehicle fleet with agro-fuel, but only agricultural machinery.
The priority is to eat, already, before moving.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/09/21, 10:47

humus wrote: "It takes 1 liter of conventional fuel to produce 3,7 liters of Oleo 100", calculates Avril, citing Ademe (the Agency for the environment and energy management).
As I said, a very partial assessment to promote a pseudo-ecological policy without making waves, that falsely reassures.

Funny holds :!: even the FAO does not count the change in land use, their erosion (loss of humus : Mrgreen: ), degradation of the RC in progress, lack of water ... You speak, 50% less GHG for rapeseed ... would fall to zero (probably much more) if this soil was used to support a forest, a meadow or produce food ... smart no :?: : Twisted:
http://www.fao.org/3/i0100f/i0100f05.pdf
Attachments
biofuelsFAO.gif
biocarburantsFAO.gif (87.86 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 21/09/21, 09:37

izentrop wrote:even the FAO does not count the change in land use, their erosion (loss ofhumus : Mrgreen: ),

Hence its vital importance! he begs you : Mrgreen:

izentrop wrote: You speak, 50% less GHG for rapeseed ... would fall to zero (probably much more) if this soil was used to support a forest, a meadow or produce food ... smart no :?: : Twisted:

The initial idea is not to produce less or more GHGs, but to find out whether agrofuels would make it possible to operate the fleet of existing agricultural machinery and obviously produce food (this is nevertheless the goal : Mrgreen: ) and finally do without chemical weedkiller by practicing scalping?

Apart from preconceived ideas about the Ademe, I see no objection to the possibilities I am presenting.

It does not really answer the problem (quickly read the pdf) but I found this:
https://agritrop.cirad.fr/570508/1/document_570508.pdf
0 x

Back to "Air Pollution and solutions against air pollution"