Pesticides: standard agriculture cohabitation - dwellings

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 18/09/08, 19:01

Woodcutter wrote:
bham wrote:[...] in my opinion it is ridiculous to say, let me sum up: "had only to stay at home".

..Once again, and I will repeat myself: I do not defend agriculture in its most detestable (pesticides and fertilizers excessively) but there, it is a classic example of the "city dweller" who comes to live in the countryside and who complains ...
Maybe you could take your expression back to yourself "have a narrow vision"Because obviously you do not understand what I said, while you allow yourself to think for me? :?: :?: :?:

My summary of what you say is so different from what you say that you can say: "you allow yourself to think for me"?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 18/09/08, 22:00

When rural people are smoked by treatments / »Zonca live in the city! "

When city dwellers are suffocated by traffic or smoke from a factory / "Zonca live in the countryside!" "

If I paint with a spray gun in my garden, and with the wind, the paint goes on the neighbor's extended linen / "Zonca live elsewhere!" "

:?: Do you not think that in these behaviors, there is incivility? I put in the hell? Profit?
Willful assassination attempts?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/09/08, 22:01

Christophe wrote:[...] in the long term pesticides could have (serious) consequences on the health of these new inhabitants of the fields!

Pkoi a real estate project does not take this into account?[...]
Toutafé dakor, but how does a farmer have a responsibility in the greed of a promoter who does not take into account all the data of the problem (it is too expensive and it can make the business collapse .. . : roll:) when he is setting up a real estate project?

bham wrote:[...] My summary of your words is so different from what you say so that you can say: "you allow yourself to think for me"?
Yes.

I say "It is not him [Farmer]who went to "pesticide" the city dwellers at home, they are the ones who came to live "in the countryside" ... "

And you answer me
bham wrote:[...]
I see that you take up the argument of nono, the bad city dwellers only have to stay in town
; [...]
I will summarize for you: "had only to stay at home".
[...]
your reaction is the opposite of an econological objective which could aim to denounce the use of pesticides as being dangerous for health.
[...]
but to do so, it would already be necessary to admit that there could be danger. [...] ".

It seems to me that you tend to lend me words that I have never made, without even making assumptions.

I have a little trouble with this kind of "slippage" ... :frown:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 19/09/08, 09:13

gegyx wrote:When rural people are smoked by treatments / »Zonca live in the city! "

When city dwellers are suffocated by traffic or smoke from a factory / "Zonca live in the countryside!" "

If I paint with a spray gun in my garden, and with the wind, the paint goes on the neighbor's extended linen / "Zonca live elsewhere!" "

:?: Do you not think that in these behaviors, there is incivility? I put in the hell? Profit?
Willful assassination attempts?

Totally agree with you!
There is an old sage who said: "My freedom ends or begins that of others".

It is not because you come to settle in the countryside that you have to agree to be "gassed".
I would obviously not be making the same speech if it was someone who would come and settle next to a cattle farm and who would do everything to have it closed because it smells moo-moo!

In the case of this subject, solutions exist and everyone can come out a winner.

Question: Who is Zonca?
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 19/09/08, 10:16

Gregconstruct wrote:Question: Who is Zonca?

Is this a joke? Or do I have to answer?

Why, in my turn would I not have the right to use a personal dialect, Bas-Gallic?

: Cheesy:

Zonca: They just ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 19/09/08, 10:26

Woodcutter wrote:
Christophe wrote:[...] in the long term pesticides could have (serious) consequences on the health of these new inhabitants of the fields!

Pkoi a real estate project does not take this into account?[...]
Toutafé dakor, but how does a farmer have a responsibility in the greed of a promoter who does not take into account all the data of the problem (it is too expensive and it can make the business collapse .. . : roll:) when he is setting up a real estate project?

There are several parameters to take into account:
1 ° The regions encourage rural communes to create housing estates so that the communes and all the educational, commercial, associative fabric, etc. do not collapse. This was the case in my commune and the subdivisions were made by the commune and not by a promoter.

2 ° First-time buyers and more specifically first-time buyers, ie the class of employees / workers often choose to come to rural areas in the first place because of the price of the much more accessible land; they therefore choose to have to go on the road to do their shopping or go to work; but without this compromise no homeownership.

3 ° These newcomers, neorurals, are gradually discovering the world surrounding their "little home", with the advantages and disadvantages; it could be the same in urban areas. It just so happens that there is a fair respect to be adopted between neighbors and that if this farmer is not aware of the danger he poses to others, which is quite possible given the agricultural policy on pesticides, it is good to let him know our concerns, whether we come from town or not.
I had a neighbor who used to wash his sprayer 6 m from my house and at that time we still had hints of glyphosate in the house; I just had to tell him that he understood and that he stopped doing it.
Woodcutter wrote:
bham wrote:[...] My summary of your words is so different from what you say so that you can say: "you allow yourself to think for me"?
Yes.

I say "It is not him [Farmer]who went to "pesticide" the city dwellers at home, they are the ones who came to live "in the countryside" ... "

And you answer me
bham wrote:[...]
I see that you take up the argument of nono, the bad city dwellers only have to stay in town
; [...]
I will summarize for you: "had only to stay at home".
[...]
your reaction is the opposite of an econological objective which could aim to denounce the use of pesticides as being dangerous for health.
[...]
but to do so, it would already be necessary to admit that there could be danger. [...] ".

It seems to me that you tend to lend me words that I have never made, without even making assumptions.

I have a little trouble with this kind of "slippage" ... :frown:

In this case excuse me, although for me the difference is very slight.

When you say :"It is not him [Farmer]who went to "pesticide" the city dwellers at home, they are the ones who came to live "in the countryside" ... "It is obvious but you cannot stop there, on this simple observation. The proof is that you add further: "Once again, and I will repeat myself: I am not defending agriculture in what it has most detestable (pesticides and excessive fertilizers) but this is a classic example of the" city dweller "who comes to live in the countryside and who complains ... "
We would therefore be tempted to think that, according to you, the city dweller has no right to complain; and it seems that I am not the only one to extrapolate in the same way.
So if my extrapolation is wrong, what I really want, tell me what conclusion you give to your sentence.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 19/09/08, 20:05

gegyx wrote:
Gregconstruct wrote:Question: Who is Zonca?

Is this a joke? Or do I have to answer?

Why, in my turn would I not have the right to use a personal dialect, Bas-Gallic?

: Cheesy:

Zonca: They just ...

I understood hey banana : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/09/08, 23:04

bham wrote:[...] One would thus be tempted to think that, according to you, the city dweller does not have the right to complain; and it seems that I am not the only one to extrapolate in the same way ..
Well this temptation is bad because that's not what I meant ... The city dweller can complain if he wants to, but I notice that very often, in the neighborhood problems that can arise in rural areas, there is a desire of newcomers to "master" an environment without knowing its nature ...
And I find this attitude fundamentally disturbing, so I say it.

So you and the others (who? : Shock: ) extrapolate a little too quickly ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 20/09/08, 00:58

Okay don't fight over misunderstandings.

But when there are words like these:

Otherwise at the cultural level, the latest:
- peas a hell of a mess we took out a ladle of critters from the house every night throughout the summer (great in summer with the windows closed Evil or Very Mad)

Otherwise there was flax, wheat, rapeseed (mash allergies this year ...), barley ...

In addition the field and very small compared to the rest of its operation.

It seems normal to me to interpret that newcomers want to "master" their environment.

If not actually the use of pesticides in general is a problem, but the disappearance of agricultural areas and farmers is also one especially if we want a less intensive agriculture by feeding more and more people.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 20/09/08, 07:52

Woodcutter wrote:
bham wrote:[...] One would thus be tempted to think that, according to you, the city dweller does not have the right to complain; and it seems that I am not the only one to extrapolate in the same way ..
Well this temptation is bad because that's not what I meant ... The city dweller can complain if he wants to, but I notice that very often, in the neighborhood problems that can arise in rural areas, there is a desire of newcomers to "master" an environment without knowing its nature ...
And I find this attitude fundamentally disturbing, so I say it. ...

It is an attitude that is especially typically human that you can also find in an urban environment, the new arrivals cannot bear the barking of the neighbor's dog, the wanderings of their cat, the branches sticking out, the car which is badly parked, the house from the neighbor who is poorly maintained (sisi, it exists), the church bells, etc, etc ... I think that we should not focus on the urban / rural character but rather on the reality of the nuisance , some nuisances can be put into perspective and others not; in this case, I think and I repeat that it is a problem of PUBLIC HEALTH.
Woodcutter wrote:So you and the others (who? : Shock: ) extrapolate a little too quickly
gegyx wrote:When rural people are smoked by treatments / »Zonca live in the city! "...

Well, it looks like Gegyx then Greg followed, right?
0 x

Back to "Air Pollution and solutions against air pollution"