Which crusher to produce BRF (Raméal Fragmented Wood)?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What mill to produce BRF?

by Ahmed » 06/04/20, 21:22

I just started making the new ejection chute constant section. I already have the draft of the lower plate made with a 5x30 plate (the locksmiths always count in mm). It is a part that requires a minimum of precision, because it is inside this that the body of the chute will be housed (it is imperative to avoid a break in the ejection plane between the crusher and the As you will see in the future photo, this plate overflows a little towards the outside because of its width as a standard plate, but it is not annoying, on the contrary, because it brings an additional solidity.
My electronic hood no longer works :frown: although the test button causes normal darkening: I think it is the detection cells that are HS ... :( I will see tomorrow if exposure to the sun can revive them, friends I have serious doubts! Suddenly, my old optical mask returned to service, imperturbably ... 8) Anyway, with the semi-automatic used occasionally, it is quite sufficient; in any case much less useful than with the electrode station.
I use sheet metal of 2 instead of that of 3 on the one I replace, because it is the only one I have; if necessary, I will weld stiffeners to guarantee the robustness, but because of the design in one piece, I am hopeful that it is not essential: wait for the final evaluation. What worries me a bit is the realization of the adjustable cap: I had a lot of trouble to modify the original one and this is the reason why I had postponed this new modification so far ... : roll:

I want to rename my crusher "COVID-19", because it wreaks havoc and with it we grind Black green; What do you think? Isn't it in the best taste? : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 07/04/20, 10:50

Can we order? : Lol:
I recently spent haulm tops. It cuts them at the end of about 10cm, as it is light and easy to cut and it ends up stuffing the narrowed outlet.
I get out and take them out with a "harpoon" type stick to unstuff and avoid dismantling.
Fortunately, this type of jam does not stall.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/04/20, 12:28

Yes, that doesn't surprise me. With large softwood foliage, it is not too long, but it is very bulky and the stuffing is done very quickly, then the front of the material regresses at high speed towards the rotor chamber. It does not stop the rotor either (if we react quickly!), But it is difficult to remove the material from the end of the chute, due to the compaction and also the sticky resin which is deposited on the walls ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/04/20, 09:28

As promised photos of the mounting plate. First the blank:
IMG0067B.jpg
IMG0067B.jpg (206.8 KB) Consulted 3516 times

... and then the finished part and positioned in place.
Attachments
IMG0068A.jpg
IMG0068A.jpg (223.48 KB) Viewed times 3516
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/04/20, 17:25

A little hassle cutting the sheets since it is the recovery and they are not flat and I do not tell you the stench of oil stench grinding and welding : Shock: ... Fortunately, the assembly was easy, because upon examining my automatic mask a little more closely, I realized that it was accidentally in the "grind" position and therefore works perfectly; therefore I was able to have a free hand, which was not too much, especially to point the curved part. Here is what the "Covid19" model chute gives in the "provisional assembly" version:
IMG0069A.jpg
IMG0069A.jpg (353.61 KB) Viewed times 3500

I was able to carry out a rapid grinding test with vines well garnished with leaves and although it is premature to draw definitive conclusions, I am convinced of the merits of my approach. Question security, it is almost impossible to reach the rotor with the hand (which was not the case with the original part), because if the opening is wider, I voluntarily made assemble the sheet before upper. At the level of the cap, I left an over-length pending, to rule later. I think the curvature is too pronounced and I will probably remedy it by bringing a part with a larger radius on this part.
1 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 08/04/20, 19:24

Ahmed wrote: I am convinced of the merits of my approach.

Me too !
Ahmed wrote:Question security, it is almost impossible to reach the rotor with the hand (which was not the case with the original part), because if the opening is wider, I voluntarily made assemble the sheet before upper. At the level of the cap

Just don't put your hands in it, for people with long arms! : Lol:

The fact that the curve is progressive, without breaking, is a positive point for the extraction: no risk of accumulation, then of stuffing.
With all these modifications, it will be almost perfect, to the best of these possibilities.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/04/20, 19:54

I have the idea, after adjusting this curve, to provide its end with a rubber cap adjustable by deformation, so without hinge, so without play (and also without break, since no angle) ...
The more I look at this chute, the more I find the other inconsistent from a mechanical point of view: it's been a long time since I should have done that ... : Oops: but I was making a mountain of it when it is really not much! 8)

The ultimate test will take place soon, after the felling of another coniferous tree with very supplied branches: if all goes well (I am very confident!), The only limiting factor will be the power of the engine, but that does not affect the mass needles that pass when you reach the end of the branch, where, suddenly, we tend to let go ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/04/20, 22:07

The conifer that was to be felled by me benefits in extremis a reprieve until the fall: a couple of woodpeckers have settled, very high towards the ridge, determined to perpetuate the species ...
It's not that bad, on the contrary: it gave me the idea to call on a professional gardener-service provider who declared himself ready to cooperate by providing me with pruning timber. Besides that it will be the devil if I do not find the thick materials allowing me to validly test my new chute (no, I will not do the "double blind" tests, because in this area, false blinds end up being true. penguins! : Wink: ), I would finally have enough mulch to finish garnishing my strawberry boards and my second potato board, plus the quantities that I will necessarily need for the rest ...
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/04/20, 18:49

With some delays, my supply of branches arrived! Mainly fruit trees: apple and cherry trees, quite tortuous in shape, which does not simplify the operations, but a nice grind at the output ... I had previously grinded a little dry of small section and under the impacts, the top of the chute (curved part) is unsoldered, since this waiting part was only pointed, suddenly the projection is done in "dispersion" mode ... :frown:
New delivery this morning, the latest for now; the rest will depend on orders. I refused cedar which I do not have much to do and which would have taken me unnecessarily time: I grind it only for my personal account and, in this case, to get rid of it.
I decide to leave the pile of branches on hold, it is more urgent to use the shredded material before it ferments. I also take the opportunity to cut and shorten the curved part to adjust it more precisely to the side cheeks and thus limit the constraints which made it "yawn"; now, it is permanently welded, all that remains is to adjust a flexible cap adjustable by pulling a cord (insensitive to vibrations) *. It may wait until the end of confinement, because I do not think I have what I need on hand, even among my CPS ... and I would like something satisfactory and not roughly! Already, with this rectification of the chute, it will spit out much less far, even if it will not be possible to obtain adjustments.

* Cord which will be "connected" to a device derived from the port-a-wrap, that is to say a brake / blocking by winding.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/04/20, 19:33

For the curvature, there is a shape used for the bends, the curvature of which gradually increases ... It is not an arc of a circle. CF "Euler's spiral" ...

It seems more suitable to me here.
0 x