Which crusher to produce BRF (Raméal Fragmented Wood)?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What mill to produce BRF?

by izentrop » 16/05/19, 14:16

eclectron wrote:
Ahmed wrote:No that's not it! : Shock:
What suggests Gegyx, it is to plug the front of the chute a little to lengthen the square tube and prevent the hand from reaching the rotor because of the additional length ...

Phew, thank you, everything lights up at last.
The objective still not ... : Wink: .
I agree, given the photo, the rod prevents the hand from passing, because the passage is reduced by half.

At first sight, remove the rod and reduce the opening to the height of this rod, saving less than 5 cm. By cons you can enter the arm ... remains to be seen if it prevents the hand from reaching the knives, once the arm is fully threaded :?: : Twisted: ... Even if you have to be damn dizzy, to try to get your arm into the chute with the engine running. : Mrgreen: Image
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 16/05/19, 15:40

izentrop wrote:
I agree, given the photo, the rod prevents the hand from passing, because the passage is reduced by half.

Not yet cut the stem but even without, it seems quite difficult to pass the hand.
By cons if we manage to pass (size question), given the length of the chute, we can easily reach the rotor but you really have to want it and not be scared by the roaring machine.
And It is quite possible that Popeye's forearm gets stuck before reaching the rotor.
For a child it is very feasible to pass the arm and reach the rotor, the rod would prevent it but it is not a machine for children ...

Si Ahmed Will he serve as a guinea pig to see if he can reach the rotor through its rodless chute? : Lol:

Honestly it is not taking a big risk to delete this rod.

I did much worse on electric shredders with the opening widened to the max and without non-return rubber, so with the risk of debris return.
When you know, you never stay in front of the opening but it is no longer a grinder to put in all hands.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/05/19, 16:18

I have already done it, machine completely stopped, as I believe I have already specified. It is therefore quite possible, except perhaps for the "big arms"! : Wink:
This additional security device is new, since mine was devoid of it and it does not appear on the photos of the merchant site.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 16/05/19, 19:36

Ahmed wrote:I have already done it, machine completely stopped, as I believe I have already specified. It is therefore quite possible, except perhaps for the "big arms"! : Wink:
This additional security device is new, since mine was devoid of it and it does not appear on the photos of the merchant site.

I finally understood what this rod is for.
To prevent the ground material from coming out! : Lol:

With fresh and leafy wood, immediate stuffing up to the stem of the chute! ! !
therefore sawing the stem and no more stuffing, nor with Jerusalem artichoke stems *. (* certainly it comes out a little long but it goes and above all it comes out!)
EVERYTHING goes on, a real clock now!

Personally I hardly pass my hand through the chute and my forearm (very muscular with all these garden work : Lol: ) prevents me from reaching the rotor.

Problem solved.

The best is the enemy of good. : Wink:
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/05/19, 20:06

Confidence for confidence, I wondered how the hell it could work, but the dry explains a lot ...
Let's say it was an anti-jamming rod! : Lol:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/06/19, 19:29

This morning, before the great heat, I crushed a small pile of branches of laurel cherry and douglas before all that dries too much (at the moment, it goes quickly!). The ends of the douglas appeared very long and, as a result, constantly obstructed the outlet chute (it does not matter if we monitor and remove as and when): result not very satisfactory which prompted me to look into the adjustment of the counter knife. It is indeed an essential parameter for the regularity of the fractionation and the successive sharpening of the knives inevitably tend to increase the distance between these two elements.
Afternoon workshop, therefore, which is not to displease me, since cool! 8)
The procedure has already been described, but since this is the second time that I have performed this operation, I am more comfortable. First, loosen the three bolts (Ø 16mm) holding the counter knife. Then it is necessary to loosen the locking nuts (Ø 16mm) of the three adjustment stops; then act on the bolts using an Allen key or by hand if it is not too hard: you have to unscrew if you want to bring the counter blade closer. I advise to frankly unscrew the middle bolt and focus on those on both ends. Normally, there is no need to change the setting much, but it is not critical to go there a bit hard ... At this point, the counter blade has not moved (the screwing pushes the counter blade, but unscrewing does not pull it!) and it is necessary to push this piece back onto its stops by means of a flush and a mallet: the movement is not noticeable, but a change in the noise produced indicates contact. Then, it is necessary to proceed to the tests by successive trial and error; it is better to be in blocking of the blade, because it then suffices to gradually screw the two lateral adjustment bolts to quickly arrive at the correct spacing (which is the smallest possible gap). However, care must be taken to test the two blades and adjust to the larger if there is a difference *. It is then enough to block the three fixing bolts from the start and to block the nuts of the side bolts, to bring the central bolt into abutment and also to block its nut (knowing that this blocking is mainly intended to prevent it does not unscrew and fall, because its positioning is no longer useful once the counter blade is properly blocked).

Some execution tips:
The loosening of the first 3 bolts is made difficult by the small possible amplitude of the key, also, after unlocking using a socket wrench, it is practical to use a ratchet lever; otherwise, you should know that, by design, it suffices to rotate the socket a quarter of a turn to regain degrees of offset allowing the rotation to continue. To act on the other bolts, after having raised the device by about twenty cm, I use a combination wrench / ratchet eye ** which is fine ... :D

* This difference is the consequence of my manual sharpenings, necessarily a little approximate and whose imprecision increases with the number :frown: Ideally, I would have to look into the realization of a fixed sharpening system to get regular results ... to see.
** I like the Italian brand Beta which for a reasonable price offers a quality of manufacture that I consider excellent (free advertising!).
0 x
Alucard
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Alucard » 13/01/20, 23:01

Hello everybody

I would like your opinion on buying an electric or thermal branch crusher please. I have about 150m of thuja and 16 fruit trees. The diameters are less than 4cm in diameter. It is more compared to the quantity that I ask myself please?

thank you very much for your thinking
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 14/01/20, 09:24

Alucard wrote:Hello everybody

I would like your opinion on buying an electric or thermal branch crusher please. I have about 150m of thuja and 16 fruit trees. The diameters are less than 4cm in diameter. It is more compared to the quantity that I ask myself please?

thank you very much for your thinking

Personally, I bought a used ALKO for less than € 100 to clean my wildlife.
But it's a little slow and vibration in the hand when you push the vegetation (no automatic drive of the branches ...)
It is an old model with disc, while the new ones are with rollers (no need to "push" the vegetation a priori).

Recent model to see: https://www.al-ko.com/shop/fr/produits/ ... -2800.html
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/01/20, 17:59

The choice between the internal combustion engine and the electric strongly depends on the power necessary for the use that one has of it, knowing that in electric it remains limited for an individual. This being said, the power plays on the diameter of the branches as well as on the volume envisaged. In your case, the diameter would accommodate this solution, but you will quickly be limited in terms of volume due to the fairly modest grinding speed.
Now, I do not have exhaustive knowledge of everything that is done on the market. The track of jean.caissepas is perhaps to explore, knowing that the price of thermal is also higher ...
New approaches are emerging which try to reconcile the advantages of thermal (power, autonomy) with those of electric (simplicity, silence): they are shredders on batteries, but there is nothing to my knowledge yet for a private use.
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 14/01/20, 18:45

A good solution would be to rent or be loaned a crusher before investing ...
0 x
Past habits must change,

because the future must not die.