Which websites to buy seeds?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Which websites to buy seeds?

by olivier75 » 17/07/17, 16:36

I need time to write all this, it's very clear, in my head! I will do it by this week. I have yet to read anything that is both complete and understandable without knowledge.
Olivier.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/07/17, 12:04

Ok of ac. :)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/07/17, 15:10

olivier75 wrote:I need time to write all this, it's very clear, in my head! I will do it by this week. I have yet to read anything that is both complete and understandable without knowledge.
Olivier.

I'll let you do it. I have already had to develop this, probably in the "big thread" of 600 pages but without remembering where ...

"test tube seed", in any case, it started badly because it is a word without definition for the geneticists.

Mass selection, stable variety, homozygosity, hybrids from pure lines, clones (and vegetative multiplication), we know ... Great test tubes, I don't know. Test-tube plants, I know.

"Test plants" are generally clones from "meristematic cultures" (or other strain cultures) with appropriate solutions and hormones and are not a mode of selection. It is a method of cloning, therefore of "identical reproduction". This makes it possible in particular to "regenerate" plants affected by diseases such as virus diseases. The meristems are virus free. We therefore obtain the clone of such and such a tree, of such a potato, of such an orchid. Identical. If it is a stable variety, we can multiply like a stable variety. If it is a hybrid (natural or artificial), it can be multiplied indefinitely and identically (this is the case of the 6-ball orchids that have invaded garden centers). But if we multiply them, we will have the problem of the divergence of characters that we would have had by multiplying vegetables from a bag of HF1 seeds ...

There is currently one of these broadcasts of information and fakes on this subject, it's phenomenal. And appalling from the point of view of human intelligence.
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 18/07/17, 15:45

Didier,

Understandable, without knowledge and without bad words, I'm going to have a lot of trouble, but it annoys me to read and hear all this nonsense, I work at it ... but "everything" is linked and it cannot be short.
Test seed is not me! By reading you I am not sure that you have not confused ...

Olivier
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/07/17, 15:50

No no, I'll let you answer ... I had clearly seen that it was "nicojenesaispluscombien" which evoked this term and wondered ... It was to him that I answered (without elaborating the answer, since you are 'hitched).

But in my tracks, two or three hot "reflections", I could not help ... Obviously.

But I leave you. If I have something to say next, I will ...

"Test tube seeds", I still don't know what it is, as I say. I did not look for what is currently peddled as ideas under this term ... For me, from a genetic point of view (therefore of the genes it contains), a test-tube plant or a plant-from-my-kitchen garden , it's the same ... Test tube does not remove or add anything. From a genetic point of view (at the level of fantasies, it's something else!). But you have to see what it is.
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 18/07/17, 16:03

Yes, you have already talked about it, maybe even several times, I would like to define the subject by widening the context and why. Why the inedible wild chicory, which all your followers will now recognize in their walks, became sugarloaf, why we no longer eat wild carrots? Why continue to select, what are the consequences of bartering between neighbors, who is paid by buying seeds and why? Where are the varieties released from the market stored, from when a variety is it? what is a species, a variety?
There is far too much political nervousness based on ignorance and stupidity. there are consumers to train.

Olivier
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 18/07/17, 16:10

No, it is crisdecorse, (denounced!), Which will be all the more attentive to my answer, and to the corrections, it is neither for you nor for ahmed (at random and to name just one) that I will try to put the points back on the is. But it is a subject that has consequences and we must learn to explain it.

Olivier
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/07/17, 16:28

olivier75 wrote:No, it's crisdecorse, (denounced!) ...

Yes, as usual, I tangle brushes ... Thank you for correcting.

If you take it even wider, it is sure that you have work to do!

Until then, I was just trying to put a minimum of order between "producing your seeds", "using hybrids" ... For once, I was enough "recipe" and less explanations: in short, I was just sketching the "what to do?" And there, it is quite simple, even if it is necessary to explain a long time: allogamy / autogamy and "stable varieties" resulting from classical selections (massales) / "hybrids" ... We can mention in passing the cloning (which is a identical multiplication without selection) or GMOs, which are introductions of genes foreign to the species in question.
0 x
Chris of corsica
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chris of corsica » 18/07/17, 21:15

Did67 wrote:
olivier75 wrote:No, it's crisdecorse, (denounced!) ...

Yes, as usual, I tangle brushes ... Thank you for correcting.

If you take it even wider, it is sure that you have work to do!

Until then, I was just trying to put a minimum of order between "producing your seeds", "using hybrids" ... For once, I was enough "recipe" and less explanations: in short, I was just sketching the "what to do?" And there, it is quite simple, even if it is necessary to explain a long time: allogamy / autogamy and "stable varieties" resulting from classical selections (massales) / "hybrids" ... We can mention in passing the cloning (which is a identical multiplication without selection) or GMOs, which are introductions of genes foreign to the species in question.

yes yes c me who said with my lack of knowledge the sheath test tubes ,,,, dsl c an error to start
I wanted to use this term as a symbol between the sheaths of our ancestors ((as said in yesterday’s message)), and the other so-called modern sheaths,
I discovered that in the so-called modern sheath there are at least 3 different types ,,, who can tell me what characterizes c 3 types between them ???

ps; if I make mistakes in terms or others in my writing, I am not against if I am told in a constructive way how to do more

thank you
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/07/17, 22:09

Pending Olivier but with a MAX of pedagogy : Mrgreen: that I get : Shock:

Otherwise in my little head I prefer to buy seeds that will give plants whose seeds can give new plants.

Seeds if possible "organic" (if that still means something)

As you see my desideratas are limited ... : Wink:
0 x