We Feed The World Tonight on Arte

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/04/09, 14:11

The mess is even more infuriating !!

Ziegler said that current agricultural production could feed 12 billion people if it were better shared and less wasted! Craming cereals to get warm is a shame for example (for that there is miscanthus which produces much more MS / ha.year)

Please note, if I understood correctly, he was talking about PRODUCTION and not production POTENTIAL ...

So when i hear farmers indoctrinated by multinationals selling them their "toxic" (in the broad sense) claiming that GMOs and fertilizers are COMPULSORY because their only argument is to BE ABLE to feed humanity by 2050 when there will be 10 billion ... . well I: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 01 / 12, 14: 49, 1 edited once.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 08/04/09, 16:15

Especially when you know that:
- GM crops and other hybrids lower productivity in the long term.
- In many places, the application of specific techniques (direct sowing, BRF ...) associated with organic seeds allow yields higher than GM crops.
: Evil:
In Bali, more than 3 rice harvests per year, in Kenya (I believe) yields multiplied by 10 despite periods of drought constantly increasing ...
:?
0 x
bain2jasmin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bain2jasmin » 22/06/09, 18:17

there is an interesting video here http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k3Vu9mfIPJ5lMvvdIZ take out your handkerchiefs!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/09, 18:28

I don't know pkoi but this type of link from dailymotion does not work for me (neither in IE nor in FF).

Is this the case for other Belgians at Belgacom?
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 22/06/09, 19:02

citro wrote:: arrow: It is not 850 million humans who suffer from hunger, but already more than 1 billion today. : Cry:

Jean Ziegler is much more incisive. he says that a society that produces enough to feed 12 billion people and lets 1 billion die, actually kills them. : Arrowl:

A must-see movie. : Arrowl:

And then to follow the situation in real time: worldometer

Lord God, this thing is terrifying, and very interesting, thank you citro!

Meow
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 22/06/09, 19:05

Christophe wrote:I don't know pkoi but this type of link from dailymotion does not work for me (neither in IE nor in FF).

Is this the case for other Belgians at Belgacom?

At home either ...

But the short-lived farmers who try to sell their milks and who can no longer do so because of our dear, multinational milk ...

Disgust that, ugh!

Miaoogbllll
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by futuranat » 23/06/09, 15:46

Hello, I couldn't watch it on arté, do you know if we can see it again on the internet somewhere ??
super size is not bad for me as a film but I advise you not to eat in front of the tv the night of the broadcast!

have a good day
0 x