Voles, the 2021 hunt is on

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
LobaLovo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Voles, the 2021 hunt is on

by LobaLovo » 25/03/21, 12:49

Moindreffor wrote:
LobaLovo wrote:Near a hazel tree I was able to observe elevated trails, then scratching to see that it was a gallery ...
Not just a mound (like that of a mole) but more spaced out along the length. I'll take a photo this afternoon.

I am going to test several things, the traps you have, as well as the technique of the swatter with a jump over.

I also read the fact of putting dog hair in the galleries ... Anyone have a feedback?

Thanks again for your advice!

as said above we must not confuse voles and field mice, the surface galleries in the hay are often field mice and it is fagot, if field mice are really a problem, for voles it is "true "underground galleries and there it is a trap

stop reading bullshit on the internet, Doris, you summed it up, the only way to fight against voles is trapping

Perfect, now it's much clearer.

This is precisely why I ask the question, as there is everything and its opposite, I prefer to inquire and act accordingly.

Thanks again for your Moindreffor advice.
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 25/03/21, 20:52

LobaLovo wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:
LobaLovo wrote:Near a hazel tree I was able to observe elevated trails, then scratching to see that it was a gallery ...
Not just a mound (like that of a mole) but more spaced out along the length. I'll take a photo this afternoon.

I am going to test several things, the traps you have, as well as the technique of the swatter with a jump over.

I also read the fact of putting dog hair in the galleries ... Anyone have a feedback?

Thanks again for your advice!

as said above we must not confuse voles and field mice, the surface galleries in the hay are often field mice and it is fagot, if field mice are really a problem, for voles it is "true "underground galleries and there it is a trap

stop reading bullshit on the internet, Doris, you summed it up, the only way to fight against voles is trapping

Perfect, now it's much clearer.

This is precisely why I ask the question, as there is everything and its opposite, I prefer to inquire and act accordingly.

Thanks again for your Moindreffor advice.

To trap nothing is used to put something in the gallery.
But you have to attach the traps so as not to be bitten by a cat, a marten, a weasel, a dog, a buzzard etc ...
And especially for voles traps, take pliers and not the key which is very poorly suited to arm the trap.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/03/21, 13:05

Fight (intelligently) against the mole rat in the vegetable garden https://springday.fr/autres-ravageurs/l ... au-potager
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 30/03/21, 22:32

izentrop wrote:Fight (intelligently) against the mole rat in the vegetable garden

As I understand it, I'm not a smart guy. Thank you.
Since I trap these bugs, long before the internet and all the free advice that is distributed there, I absolutely do not regret my way of proceeding and will continue to effectively fight these outstanding rodents. Of course.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 31/03/21, 00:30

Meuhh no, it's just to provide other solutions and testimonials.
Had to put (private topic) if you wanted to keep it to yourself : Wink:

Mine of voles are not big but voracious. Your traps are too big for these little critters. My garden being next to a permanent meadow which only sees leisure horses and must be full of these little animals.

They colonize the garden in autumn and winter. As I don't really want to put poison, it's been a few years since I considered surrounding this garden with a buried fence, as recommended in the document, but there you are, I procrastinate.
Especially since other rodents would be arrested too: wild rabbits, rats that annoy my hens ... (Gadebois, please avoid bouncing back with your gritty teenage retarded jokes : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 03/04/21, 23:02

izentrop wrote:Had to put (private topic) if you wanted to keep it to yourself : Wink:

Thank you for your advice: put it where I think.

Your traps are too big for these little critters.

What do you know about that ? My traps stop large and small, it is not you who will question their effectiveness.

1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 04/04/21, 18:57

Biobombe wrote:
izentrop wrote:Had to put (private topic) if you wanted to keep it to yourself : Wink:

What do you know about that ? My traps stop large and small, it is not you who will question their effectiveness.

why so much hatred ??? : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 04/04/21, 22:51

Moindreffor wrote:
Biobombe wrote:

why so much hatred ??? : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

It's not hate. This guy is provocative and is looking for lice in my head like others. So I put it back in its place as it deserves.
I still enjoy learning, despite decades of gardening behind me, but I don't like being taught lessons.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/04/21, 00:22

I didn't understand either, especially since there is no lizard ...
Biobombe has shown himself to be a very good gardener. I do not have his talents, nor such good soil.

If you say your mole traps are sensitive enough to catch underground voles, all the same smaller and lighter than the field mouse https://jardinage.lemonde.fr/dossier-74 ... hamps.html, I believe you. : Wink:
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 05/04/21, 23:14

izentrop wrote:I didn't understand either, especially since there is no lizard ...
Biobombe has shown himself to be a very good gardener. I do not have his talents, nor such good soil.

If you say your mole traps are sensitive enough to catch underground voles, all the same smaller and lighter than the field mouse https://jardinage.lemonde.fr/dossier-74 ... hamps.html, I believe you. : Wink:

For the lizards: there are more and more of them here and even in the vegetable garden.
Traps: I am not using mole traps which are too large but the ones I have already shown here.
the field mouse is much smaller than the vole and is also taken by the manufrance.
the manufrance is "disgusting": we catch everything with him.

A good gardener is someone who does not kill himself too much to cultivate whatever pleases him: I am still far from it! but I get closer to the lounge chair as time goes by.
my garden soil: Didier did not innovate with hay, I preceded him a long time ago, starting from a vulgar meadow where the grass had difficulty growing but not thyme, trefoil etc. ...
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"