Winter 2021 vitamins

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Vitamins winter 2021

by Biobomb » 27/11/21, 23:53

I collect tons of half-crushed dead leaves that were put aside at my request by the guy responsible for this job in my town. It is an essential complement to the development of OM in my garden and which will also protect crops (turnips, carrots, radishes, leeks, etc.) which spend the winter in the great cool.
DSC00789.JPG

DSC00788.JPG
1 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 01/12/21, 23:42

Last harvest of tomatoes of this exceptional year, in quality and quantity.
Objective achieved: to eat good ones at the beginning of December.
Attachments
last tomatoes 2021.JPG
latest tomatoes 2021.JPG (151.94 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
1 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 04/12/21, 22:35

The roots of Witloof are a little thin but long, go find out why. I'll see if the chicory development will be correct, so be patient.

DSC00808.JPG
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 05/12/21, 09:53

Interesting to see the roots of your witloofs, I am experiencing this culture for the second time in my life. Last year all my roots were like this. At the moment I still have 2020 witloofs in the ground, which have never flowered, their roots seem to me to be very thin, I will dig them up soon. The witloofs of this year seem to me to be a little more supplied than last year, to be continued
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 05/12/21, 20:21

Doris wrote:Interesting to see the roots of your witloofs, I am experiencing this culture for the second time in my life. Last year all my roots were like this. At the moment I still have 2020 witloofs in the ground, which have never flowered, their roots seem very thick to me, I will dig them up soon. The witloofs of this year seem to me to be a little more supplied than last year, to be continued

the diameter of the roots greatly influences the size of the chicory, moreover on excellent videos reported above or elsewhere we can hear the producer say that he eliminates the largest and the smallest to calibrate his production

therefore large roots should give beautiful chicory and one should not expect a miracle from small roots, which should be logical since the chicory will only have to rely on the reserves contained in the root

but be careful with your observations, the size of the root preparation is of great importance, a friend for many years cut the roots by hand on a farm, proof that the mechanization of the thing took some time

therefore a large, poorly prepared root may be disappointing ... but a lean root, even well prepared, will unfortunately not give a miracle : Mrgreen: for lack of reserve

when I made endives a few years ago, I kept only the roots that were the size of a beautiful carrot 3-4 cm in minimum diameter and besides with the large roots we can hope for a production of endivettes after the first harvest
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 05/12/21, 22:33

Moindreffor wrote:therefore a large, poorly prepared root may be disappointing ... but a lean root, even well prepared, will unfortunately not give a miracle : Mrgreen: for lack of reserve

when I made endives a few years ago, I kept only the roots that were the size of a beautiful carrot 3-4 cm in minimum diameter and besides with the large roots we can hope for a production of endivettes after the first harvest

Your remark is correct in view of my humble experiences, last year I had an honest result, but it remains to be improved, and I think that it is especially on the preparation of the roots, that I still have to work
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 07/12/21, 19:54

Doris wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:therefore a large, poorly prepared root may be disappointing ... but a lean root, even well prepared, will unfortunately not give a miracle : Mrgreen: for lack of reserve

Your remark is correct in view of my humble experiences, last year I had an honest result, but it remains to be improved, and I think that it is especially on the preparation of the roots, that I still have to work

it is necessary to cut in point like one sharpens a pencil by not cutting the central departure and by leaving 2 or 3cm not more
0 x
(of me)
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 11/12/21, 23:48

Views of part of our winter reserves in escarole and curly hair.
It looks a bit messy and not too photogenic but it is quite effective.
I believe that I have arrived, and it has been a long time already, at the ankle of the Viennese Wolfgang.

DSC00776.JPG

DSC00817.JPG
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 11/12/21, 23:59

Moindreffor wrote: a lean root, even well prepared, will unfortunately not work miracles : Mrgreen: for lack of reserve

Chicory from these roots are excellent in salads and as an accompaniment to entrees, such as appetizers.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 13/12/21, 07:49

Biobombe wrote:
Moindreffor wrote: a lean root, even well prepared, will unfortunately not work miracles : Mrgreen: for lack of reserve

Chicory from these roots are excellent in salads and as an accompaniment to entrees, such as appetizers.

size and taste are two independent things, I want to believe you on this point, even sometimes, it is better a small vegetable than too big, but here too you have to be careful, too small not yet ripe and the taste is not there yet, too big, maturity has passed and the taste is no longer there : Mrgreen:

for a salad it's a little different, but two small chicory will make the same salad as one bigger one : Wink:
0 x
(of me)