Winter 2021 vitamins

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Vitamins winter 2021

by Biobomb » 13/07/21, 09:26

Did67 wrote:
I had put two traps in this cherry tree:

Will you recover in 2022?
You guess the question, for us, what is it for?
Non-serious fashion: it is difficult if not impossible to trap the complementarity of the masculine gender.
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 13/07/21, 09:45

Did67 wrote:
And what is it supposed to change ??? There, I am perplexed.

longer petiole ...

My idea: to have fruits, 3 at most, bigger. It will be a waste of time this year.
But I can also remove the leaks after they appear.
It is also easier to remove the flowers than to pinch off two twigs.

You are right because we do not cut zucchini!

The 3 points of the long petiole: of course.
Last edited by Biobomb the 13 / 07 / 21, 09: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/07/21, 09:56

Biobombe wrote:
Did67 wrote:
And what is it supposed to change ??? There, I am perplexed.

longer petiole ...

My idea: to have fruits, 3 at most, bigger. It will be a waste of time this year.
But I can also remove the leaks after they appear.
It is also easier to remove the flowers than to pinch off two twigs.

You are right because we do not cut zucchini!

But then, I don't understand the point of cutting the male flowers (even if due to a certain alternation, fertilization will be thwarted; but why not opt ​​for 100% sure, by removing the female flower?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/07/21, 09:58

Biobombe wrote:
Will you recover in 2022?
You guess the question, for us, what is it for?
Non-serious fashion: it is difficult if not impossible to trap the complementarity of the masculine gender.

At home, I am quite isolated, even if a fairly close neighbor has a cherry tree.

So I think that's limiting.

This year everything has gone bad, so I couldn't judge.

If only out of curiosity, I will of course do it again. The capsule is less than 10 € both. The trap (the "house"), I keep ...
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 13/07/21, 10:04

Did67 wrote:

But then, I don't understand the point of cutting the male flowers (even if due to a certain alternation, fertilization will be thwarted; but why not opt ​​for 100% sure, by removing the female flower?

It's over, I will no longer read all the stuff broadcast on the Net, even from more or less credible sources that are well established.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/07/21, 16:36

It all depends on what you call "more or less reliable sources".

Many of those that are are not given any credit by users. Because today, to be credible, you have to do "story telling": tell a great story. The gardeners have remained very "Walt Disney". A beautiful princess. No sex - it's dirty.

You have to spit on science. Each specialty has its Raoult (which, by the way, is not against vaccination, no offense to fans who are often! Even Raoult is not perfect !!!!).

For my part, I use a lot of the technical or information sheets of the "organic agriculture" services (often entitled "GRAB") of the chambers of agriculture. Or regional Plant Health Bulletins ... I also consult INRAE ​​sites such as ephytia ...

Example for Alsace, this week: https://draaf.grand-est.agriculture.gou ... 439f63.pdf
[Unfortunately, the tomato is not a crop subject to monitoring - economic stake not important enough - in Alsace]

Or here in PACA, where it is a question of tomato (but no mildew reported!): https://draaf.paca.agriculture.gouv.fr/ ... 81b34b.pdf

It is a valuable, accurate, well-founded and FREE source! In addition, it is illustrated with photos! We can learn a lot. Home gardeners sulk ... Idiots - excuse me! I sincerely think that they prefer to believe a "beautiful story" (even if it does not hold water) rather than to know!

A number of organizations are not allowed to tell bullshit: they get fired by the producers. Or in any case question as well as their funding. Professional producers, economic survival depends on it! They are therefore very careful. And their advice is substantiated. For this very reason.

The rest, I consider it often buzz. Sometimes for the money (monetization). For disguised advertising. For the ego from time to time ... We tell nonsense. Even drunken talks at the "café du commerce" are more reliable!

Sodium bicarbonate was discussed above. For me, he has nothing to do in the vegetable garden. If possible, make the effort to find (via the Internet ????) potassium bicarbonate. Sodium is harmful for the soil (but unlike copper, it does not stay there: salt always ends up in the sea!). Potassium is a nutrient. Both are "natural" products - albeit chemistry! Preparations "of little concern", having demonstrated a certain effectiveness in serious trials. I would do well to put some !!! But hey, eternal story of the shoemaker!
1 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 14/07/21, 18:38

This year discovery of climbing zucchini.
Very good productivity in a really small space.
DSC03035.JPG

DSC03036.JPG
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 14/07/21, 18:54

Did67 wrote:potassium bicarbonate. I would do well to put some !!! But hey, eternal story of the shoemaker!

thank you for the info on the sites and for the rest too.

But then, would it be good to put some or not? Wasted effort ? Fucked up in advance?
Is downy mildew or early blight growing in your area?
In my area and a little further away the damage is serious. Despite the incessant rains, people swing tons of copper because they are sold its merits in garden centers. I have just been asked whether it is necessary to uproot the affected plants now or not?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/07/21, 09:39

You are much more careful, therefore less lazy, than me: I would treat ... It slows down ...

Then, in 2016, my tomatoes were "burnt". Procrastinating more than I thought about, I left. I still treated with bicarbonate 2 or 3 times. Surprise: I had regrowths, some of which bore fruit ...
1 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 15/07/21, 23:03

The thyme voluntarily spared by the mower will be picked and will be used to treat my rum.

DSC03028.JPG
0 x