Vegetable garden of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m)

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
lemur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Laziness of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m)

by lemur » 26/10/20, 21:08

New on the forum, well, I have been walking it for about 1 year as a guest but by definition after a year we are no longer really invited.
More concretely, can a bioclimatic box like Adrien's be used to raise plants at the beginning of spring? I know Didier uses a heating cable, but if I could do without it ...
Concerning me I put a delta MS behind the bottles, the bottles are not black but will be soon I think.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 26/10/20, 21:32

Lemur wrote:New on the forum, well, I have been walking it for about 1 year as a guest but by definition after a year we are no longer really invited.
More concretely, can a bioclimatic box like Adrien's be used to raise plants at the beginning of spring? I know Didier uses a heating cable, but if I could do without it ...
Concerning me I put a delta MS behind the bottles, the bottles are not black but will be soon I think.

Hi...

The only answer is: it depends.

Plants in question (which crops?) And their tolerance to cold
From the drop in temperatures at home in the spring
The construction of the safe as well and the additional protections it benefits from

Normally a well designed chest should not be freezing at -10`, but we can do better in particular to be positive at -10 for example
0 x
lemur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lemur » 27/10/20, 05:39

I suspected this answer, I should have formulated otherwise by saying: do you plan to grow tomato plants, eggplant etc in it or do you think that, in your climate, raising them indoors is inevitable?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 27/10/20, 19:08

Lemur wrote:I suspected this answer, I should have formulated otherwise by saying: do you plan to grow tomato plants, eggplant etc in it or do you think that, in your climate, raising them indoors is inevitable?

So there is a good question.
I do not know.

I will try and I will tell you.
I will also see if all the current plants will die or not during the winter, when and depending on what climatic conditions

Should also know at what temperature of the ground a tomato plant, for example, dies because it is not just the air temperature that matters even if the two go together.
0 x
lemur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lemur » 27/10/20, 20:34

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Lemur wrote:I suspected this answer, I should have formulated otherwise by saying: do you plan to grow tomato plants, eggplant etc in it or do you think that, in your climate, raising them indoors is inevitable?

I do not know.

I will also see if all the current plants will die or not during the winter, when and depending on what climatic conditions

Should also know at what temperature of the ground a tomato plant, for example, dies because it is not just the air temperature that matters even if the two go together.

I am trying on my own and will make a comeback as well.
I don't want to be surrounded by seedlings indoors and invest in some expensive grow lights.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 27/10/20, 21:18

Lemur wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:

I do not know.

I am trying on my own and will make a comeback as well.
I don't want to be surrounded by seedlings indoors and invest in some expensive grow lights.

Yes, it's always a bit boring to make a greenhouse in the house.
That said for the levees I'm afraid it is difficult to do otherwise.
What corner are you in?
0 x
lemur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lemur » 27/10/20, 22:38

For the risings it's not very Catholic, but I take an airtight Tupperware, some paper towel soaked in water, I put the seeds in it, if it's tomatoes or eggplants, on the radiator. Otherwise on a table. Last month the parsley left in the Tupperware (an oversight) 7 days after the seeds were laid.
At least I only plant the sprouted seeds.

I am in the Loire, on the border with the Rhône and the Mont du Lyonnais. 580 m altitude, years with -8 and others or it does not exceed -3.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/10/20, 09:33

There are two concepts:

a) the minimum temperature of the soil for there to be germination, which you should know that this is not a number set in stone: there are sometimes significant varietal differences (lettuce); for the same variety, it should be understood that an indication like "minimum germination temperature: 10 °" means that at 10 °, the majority of seeds germinate, within a reasonable time; below, it germinates again but less or less quickly or both!

b) the temperature tolerated by the seedlings, once they have emerged; there, it is the risk of frost which is the fear; namely: in general, this limit increases when the size of the seedlings increases (therefore the more developed seedlings are less resistant - I know, it is counter-intuitive and yet logical for the living!).

Another notion would still be the "zero vegetation": the temperature at which there is no more growth! Higher, of course ...
0 x
lemur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lemur » 28/10/20, 12:36

Suffice to say that the bet, for me, to raise my plants in chassis may be complicated.
Do you do this every year Didier? Do you manage to produce your own plants of tomatoes, peppers, eggplants etc?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/10/20, 13:13

Did67 wrote:There are two concepts:

a) the minimum temperature of the soil for there to be germination, which you should know that this is not a number set in stone: there are sometimes significant varietal differences (lettuce); for the same variety, it should be understood that an indication like "minimum germination temperature: 10 °" means that at 10 °, the majority of seeds germinate, within a reasonable time; below, it germinates again but less or less quickly or both!

b) the temperature tolerated by the seedlings, once they have emerged; there, it is the risk of frost which is the fear; namely: in general, this limit increases when the size of the seedlings increases (therefore the more developed seedlings are less resistant - I know, it is counter-intuitive and yet logical for the living!).

Another notion would still be the "zero vegetation": the temperature at which there is no more growth! Higher, of course ...

The question I ask myself is:
If the air temperature is (artificially in the chests) correct for the plant, what about the soil temperature?

Does a correct temperature of the air in the chests necessarily induce a correct temperature of the floor in the chests?
ou
The temperature of the air outside the boxes being very cold, style -10, the ground outside the boxes being also very cold, does it come to cool by "capillarity" the ground inside the boxes?

And consequently at what soil temperature do the roots of tomatoes pass the weapon on the left?
0 x