Vegetable garden of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m)

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Laziness of the (super) lazy in the 04 (800m)

by Did67 » 08/10/20, 08:03

You had no thermal probe in a safe to measure the "benefit" (in terms of temperature) of your two systems vis-à-vis the outside ????
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/10/20, 09:49

Did67 wrote:You had no thermal probe in a safe to measure the "benefit" (in terms of temperature) of your two systems vis-à-vis the outside ????

This is a very good question .... but I haven't checked. Image

The most obvious thing to do that we forget Image

Normally I have probes in at least one trunk on the left and one on the right (without political bias Image)
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 08/10/20, 11:00

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:

That's what it's like to be not only lazy, but super-lazy. But that is very interesting for me, who am thinking about chest or greenhouse. The answer seems clear to me in my context, where in a greenhouse I will burn 9 out of 12 months, and the plants too, and where a heating system would be needed to protect summer crop seedlings from the last bursts of spring frost. . A well-equipped and oriented trunk will do the trick.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/10/20, 11:23

Doris wrote:

That's what it's like to be not only lazy, but super-lazy. But that is very interesting for me, who am thinking about chest or greenhouse. The answer seems clear to me in my context, where in a greenhouse I will burn 9 out of 12 months, and the plants too, and where a heating system would be needed to protect summer crop seedlings from the last bursts of spring frost. . A well-equipped and oriented trunk will do the trick.

So here I say there is no photo ...

I had made a video on the differences between greenhouse

In a greenhouse, DEPENDING on the corners of France, it can be too hot or too cold.

A trunk is much more flexible to use: little difference from the outdoors in summer and great protection against the possible cold in winter.
Among other multiple advantages: rain, wind, robustness against storms, cost, installation, modularity (you do it to measure with 4 cleats and a few planks, height suitable for cultivation (no need to have 2m50 in height for radishes for individuals means ..... etc etc etc

Example of the day
Some tomato chests will remain closed today, it's cold (-2 this morning) but it's sunny .. it will heat the tomatoes inside well.
Others with cabbage and lamb's lettuce will be opened
In short, you have unparalleled flexibility of use unless you have several dedicated greenhouses ... which is basically the same except that it is not the same price
I say that the greenhouse is only used for one thing: the comfort of the gardener, but that's it

0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/10/20, 19:05

Did67 wrote:You had no thermal probe in a safe to measure the "benefit" (in terms of temperature) of your two systems vis-à-vis the outside ????

Here I recovered the data ...

So outside

1. The chest without taparel where the tomatoes received
4.7 ° differential

chest without taparel.jpg
safe without taparel.jpg (238.37 KiB) Viewed 1859 times

2. The chest with taparel where the tomatoes have not moved
5.6 ° differential

chest with taparel.jpg
chest with taparel.jpg (240.62 KiB) Viewed 1859 times

The taparel brings 1.5 degrees more ...
It's not huge but it makes all the difference

Too bad I had a problem with the bioclimatic trunk sensor

But if we take the temperatures this morning
Mini 5h25 -1.1 °

1. the "without taparel" but which there had a mini 7h41 3.7 ° differential 4.8 °
2. the "with taparel" mini 7h36 3.7 °, differential idem
The two WITH the taparel are again tied

the Bioclimatic with water bottles always beats everyone mini 8:34 7.1 °, differential 8.2

So for the chests that are still growing, I will try to garnish the sides as I did with the last bioclimatic.
There is no denying it, a few bottles of water makes a certain difference.

Obviously the right column are the temperatures in farenheit
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 09/10/20, 09:43

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:the Bioclimatic with water bottles always beats everyone mini 8:34 7.1 °, differential 8.2

So for the chests that are still growing, I will try to garnish the sides as I did with the last bioclimatic.

Are the bottles the only difference between the bioclimatic and the other chests? Wasn't there a story of double walls and sheep's wool too? In any case, a differential of 8,2 with me is more than enough, the little blows of late frost in April / May do not exceed the minus five, and it does not last as long as with you.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 09/10/20, 11:10

Mini 5h25 -1.1 °

1. the "without taparel" but which there had a mini 7h41 3.7 ° differential 4.8 °

the Bioclimatic with water bottles always beats everyone mini 8:34 7.1 °, differential 8.2

Clear!

Water has some of the highest calorie-storing capacity (if not the highest - but I'm formulating this cautiously; there's always a geo-finder that's going to find me a rare metal that does better!). So a cheap thermal pad is a stock of water ...

[But beware, it works in the other direction, with the "rise" of temperatures in spring - and there, you did not want to darken, you will have to look!]
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 09/10/20, 12:07

Doris wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:the Bioclimatic with water bottles always beats everyone mini 8:34 7.1 °, differential 8.2

Are the bottles the only difference between the bioclimatic and the other chests? Wasn't there a story of double walls and sheep's wool too? In any case, a differential of 8,2 with me is more than enough, the little blows of late frost in April / May do not exceed the minus five, and it does not last as long as with you.

There are the bottles and 30cm of the lower part which are insulated in double wall with straw for these 2 tomato chests and in sheep's wool for the organic climate.
But beyond these 30cm it is sheep's wool for everyone.

If you do not have sheep's wool, you can use well compressed straw.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 09/10/20, 12:18

Did67 wrote:

Mini 5h25 -1.1 °

Clear!

Water has some of the highest calorie-storing capacity (if not the highest - but I'm formulating this cautiously; there's always a geo-finder that's going to find me a rare metal that does better!). So a cheap thermal pad is a stock of water ...

[But beware, it works in the other direction, with the "rise" of temperatures in spring - and there, you did not want to darken, you will have to look!]

In fact, I manage the ascent by leaving it closed ...
I haven't done much of an open-to-day differential study yet, but I have the impression that it can be very, very important.

There I will add as many bottles as possible to those which are in cultivation because I see that it really plays an essential role

Even without a sensor (broken down in the climatic bio) the difference between the tomatoes which touched the frame in the 1 and 3 (on the right) and the climatic bio is surprising.
Those of bio-climatic had no impact with -6.
While in the 1 and 3 this small part there broke.

Moreover if the water contained in the mussels would not be beneficial also?
When you put your finger in it at the end of the day it is lukewarm ...
I remember last winter (but I did not broadcast the images, in case I will do it in private), in a low safe protected just by a classic frame (2 greenhouse tarpaulins and 2 P30) without taparel, the the water was frozen in the mussels but the salad seedlings were fine.
To be continued...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/10/20, 22:28

Because of direct sowing or transplanting of seedlings I had not put my hands "in" my soil for ... at least 2 years, if not 3

Result: surprise by transplanting the cabbage tubes ... I can easily push my hand into my soil ...

Like Olivier ... I'm "ashamed", no, I'm kidding.

In short, it's like that but I did not expect it at all.
In 4 years of living and inert cutlery the difference is quite staggering.

0 x