Tomato plantation

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
myriameole
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Tomato plantation

by myriameole » 16/05/20, 09:59

Hello
I just bought the book "le potager du laesseux", whose title I really liked! I haven't taken the time to read everything yet, and I would like some advice: I was thinking of putting my tomato plants in the ground this weekend, but I don't know how: the piece of land chosen is still full various grasses (wild lawn), and I have no hay: what can I do? Thanks in advance for your advice!
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Tomato plantation

by phil53 » 16/05/20, 12:09

The best thing is to mow and then recover grass mowed by the municipality when it is dry, recover as much as possible and then plant through it. Then collect as much as possible all the dry herbs available and add it around the feet. In the first year, this may be disappointing because the hay effect will feed little this year. Next year it will be better.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tomato plantation

by Moindreffor » 16/05/20, 20:56

phil53 wrote:The best thing is to mow and then recover grass mowed by the municipality when it is dry, recover as much as possible and then plant through it. Then collect as much as possible all the dry herbs available and add it around the feet. In the first year, this may be disappointing because the hay effect will feed little this year. Next year it will be better.

if he mows the grass at the feet of his tomatoes, it will work really well, it's natural fertilizer, so TOP
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)