Tips and tricks agriculture of our forefathers

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Tips and Tricks agriculture of our forefathers

by Did67 » 20/11/16, 11:10

Grelinette wrote:In this case, epigaeic, for their proliferation and vivacity degrade high-speed organic matter thrown into compost, which will amend only the best garden soil ...

I will not contradict endlessly, but your "will only improve the soil of the garden" is without merit.

The "best", from my point of view, would be that with this energy, all soil organisms "aggravate" your soil. All over. Other mechanisms, favorable to plants, are then "boosted". The best is not to quickly break down your organic matter (no more than fast food is best for human beings) ...

"To amend" is a reductive concept and, from my point of view, outdated (although symptomatic of a state of mind of man thinking that it is his responsibility to "save" plants); as if a soil improved by "mixing" with miracle substances, even "natural", organic.

So we now know that soil is not built soil organisms. If they have to eat ...

But I leave you. You know the other wire. If this interests you, you know where to find my thoughts.

And if not: it will work anyway. Nature is generous and forgive almost all mistakes to man ...
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 20/11/16, 11:43

Did67 wrote:I will not contradict endlessly, but your "will only improve the soil of the garden" is without merit.

Extensive debate ... but that obscures all the poetic side of the case: long top growth observe these gluttons and perennial, that move and entangle (and incidentally copulate) to turn any vegetable peel in a dark powdery earth and delicately fragrant, has a relaxing effect! : Cheesy:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/11/16, 18:06

Poetry, no doubt, but this asymmetry does not see that because we are unable to observe the magic of soil life, carefully concealed from our eyes and yet provide immeasurable beauty, compared to bêtasse and greedy stirring ( not to mention the libidinous flutterings on sofa peelings) of our famous epigeic. : Lol:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 21/11/16, 13:58

to return to farming tips, I will book a certain know maybe and that was practiced in my area or winter could be cold.
the cellar or were preserved fruits and vegetables in winter should remain cool but not freeze course not freeze harvest it contains. So there was stored a large tub or barrel filled with water or care was taken to not let form surface ice from breaking and evacuate every day this ice surface. if necessary, the barrel was replaced by another.
the latent heat of solidification of the water is high enough (334 kJ / kg) and prevented the fruit around to freeze vegetables.
for a barrel of 200L one has an energy equivalent of more than 18kwh of state change. hence the effectiveness of the system.
1 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 21/11/16, 14:43

I did not know this "technique".

Which joins the irrigation by sprinkling orchards in case of risk of frost at the time of flowering: as long as enough water is sent and that there is equilibrium between the aqueous phase and the solid phase, the temperature remains "mathematically" at 0 ° C. However, frost damage on flowers appears around - 1 or - 1,5 ° C!

It always messes the neophyte, ignoring the laws of physics, that with ice, we avoid the effects of frost [understand: "by producing ice from liquid water, we stay at 0 ° C" ].

See eg: https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... DQ&cad=rja
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 21/11/16, 20:02

dirk pitt wrote:...
the latent heat of solidification of the water is high enough (334 kJ / kg) and prevented the fruit around to freeze vegetables.
for a barrel of 200L one has an energy equivalent of more than 18kwh of state change. hence the effectiveness of the system.

It's a bit like that against fire prevents fire from spreading!
A kind of "homeopathic" technique which limits "evil" by "evil" ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/16, 12:34

water to avoid freezing not cure evil with evil: it is much more logical than that: it is giving water to freeze, and as all the water that brings n ' is not frozen it does not fall below 0 °!

nothing to do with the principle of against fire!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/11/16, 12:55

chatelot16 wrote:water to avoid freezing not cure evil with evil: it is much more logical than that: it is giving water to freeze, and as all the water that brings n ' is not frozen it does not fall below 0 °!

nothing to do with the principle of against fire!

It is not easy to understand when you have no knowledge of the basic principles of physics.

This can be understood as follows:

a) when liquid evaporates, we all felt that it "produces cold": we remember the sensation when we disinfect with alcohol before a bite or when we get out of the water wet and that there is a light breeze, time to dry ...

[this is linked to the fact that in order to evaporate a liquid, the molecules must stir enough to "tear off" one or the other ...)

b) the reverse is true when a gas condenses to a liquid (the vapors from the pot cooled in an alembic). Or when liquid solid transforms (for water when it freezes).

The molecules must then "calm down" and lose the energy that agitates them ...

It is therefore just the application of a basic principle, as "obvious" as the fact that the water flows from top to bottom (except contrary forces: pumping, strong wind ...).
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"