The vineyards of Tricastin renamed!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 01/07/10, 11:54

Hello

fortunately there was only that as an effect to the accident, otherwise try to imagine the crater that an explosion will have dug in the ground ...

a conventional nuclear bomb is a few kilos of uranium, there it was several hundred kilos so explosion 100 or 1000 times Hiroshima!

jeff
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/07/10, 12:31

In a nuclear power station, the conditions are not met to obtain an instantaneous chain reaction: for that, it is necessary to "constitute" very quickly the critical mass, in particular with a reflector of neutrons (in beryllium, I believe). At Chernobyl, it was overheating that caused the explosion, which itself sent tons of fissile material into the atmosphere.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Econosaurus » 01/07/10, 13:01

While we are talking about it, I am giving you the link to the report (in 5 parts) on the Chernobyl disaster (before, during, after the facts) ... Upsetting testimonies and information, images. In short, there is everything in it!

If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6xbsg_la-bataille-de-tchernobyl-1-5_news

:)
0 x
"It's not once you shit in bed that you squeeze your butt ..."