The vegetable garden without getting tired

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: The vegetable garden without getting tired

by stephgouv » 18/05/20, 23:28

Doris wrote:
stephgouv wrote:I'm ready to transplant tomatoes, zucchini, pumpkins and cucumbers in by this weekend when it's war in the vegetable patch ...
I have to act quickly, but fine!

distrust, if you have the same kind of vole as me last year, you have to solve the problem before, otherwise things, which he does not like the root, he appreciates the stem, it is valid for peppers, tomatoes , and zucchini. I came to the end last year thanks to the traps, but also, for holes, where we could not place the trap well, using a repellent (https://www.bionatpro.com/12-taupes, I tested another before, but it was ineffective at home), which can be put directly in the hole, or spray around the area to be protected. I still got a good result thanks to that in early spring at the neighbor. After all it depends on the beast you have.

All that you quoted is all that I have to transplant.
Earlier, I replaced the trap between 2 exits (I had probed the gallery with a concrete iron) and placed in the 2 exits a dandelion with its root.
I'm going to eat, I come to see if the trap has triggered and under my eyes, I see one of the dandelion leaves that moves and sinks into the ground (10cm from the trap).
Let's hope he goes to the other root and gets caught ... We'll see tomorrow ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 19/05/20, 00:54

stephgouv wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Hello

What did you put as a veil to protect in the greenhouse?
What is the problem with peas: cold? mole rats? other?

I see that for the mole rats they massacred you.
Didier is a fine connoisseur of these critters.

It is a veil that I have had for 7-8 years I think and I no longer know the characteristics ...
I'll take a close-up photo tonight to show you.

For peas, I lean towards the cold (the night of May 11 to 12 it was -4,5 ° C), the day before we had -2 ° C and the next day -3 ° C.
For the onions, I'm mixed, because the 4 shallots planted next to it have no sign of a problem.
So it's either the cold, or the fact of having put a layer (3-4cm) of mowed grass or the mole rat.
I'm not too bad at math with multivariate equations, but here it's beyond me.

I think that in the order of things, I will focus first on the mole rat after I will see.

Ah yes -4.5 the peas it guns them

For the veil it's just to verify that it is effective
0 x
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stephgouv » 19/05/20, 05:29

Well that would already be a good lead.
It is said, however, that peas are not frost-resistant, right?
I zapped the photo yesterday. I will end the day because leaving for work soon.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/05/20, 08:40

For cold resistance, there is a difference between smooth peas and wrinkled peas. The wrinkles are the most resistant.

With me, no, they are never behaved like "gélifs" (unlike beans, to which they are often assimilated, which is, him, an "ultra-gélif"; one of the most sensitive in me).
0 x
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stephgouv » 19/05/20, 09:53

Did67 wrote:For cold resistance, there is a difference between smooth peas and wrinkled peas. The wrinkles are the most resistant.

With me, no, they are never behaved like "gélifs" (unlike beans, to which they are often assimilated, which is, him, an "ultra-gélif"; one of the most sensitive in me).

I had sown wrinkled grain peas Kelmerveil de Vilmorin, so no worries a priori ...
I also transplanted popcorn corn and it froze too! While I read on the net that corn tolerates light frosts until the appearance of the first 4-5 leaves ... Again, it all depends on the variety.

Too bad it's not the same for the mole rats ... This morning, a trap set off and filled with soil ... I emptied it and replaced it.
The only thing I can confirm is that at home they are fans of pissanlits! To wonder if I will not transplant in a corner of the vegetable patch.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 19/05/20, 10:25

If I base myself on my experience with the vole, I advise you to deliberately plant things in your vegetable garden to attract them. These are not slugs, from which we can deviate to some extent the appetite for our vegetables by putting withered matter. I tried that with the vole, it does not work: the more you put them to eat, the more you attract them, the more it reproduces ........ Last year on my initial vegetable patch of 35 m2 d trapped 9 in ten days. If you want to have martyr plants, it is upstream of the vegetable garden, to testify to their presence, and trap them outside of your crops. You do not in my opinion need to attract them to something in your vegetable garden, they are sufficiently attracted like that and will very quickly prefer your other vegetables to your dandelions, which they can find elsewhere.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 19/05/20, 10:28

Corn is known as ... tropical !!! It is an exotic plant!

But indeed, there are differences between varieties and depending on the stage: like all plants to my knowledge, it is more resistant when it is ... very small (it is absolutely general, and perfectly "counter-intuitive. "- we are convinced of the opposite, because we reason as if the plants were humans" ah the poor little baby! ")
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/05/20, 10:29

Doris wrote:If I base myself on my experience with the vole, I advise you to deliberately plant things in your vegetable garden to attract them. These are not slugs, from which we can deviate to some extent the appetite for our vegetables by putting withered matter. I tried that with the vole, it does not work: the more you put them to eat, the more you attract them, the more it reproduces ........ Last year on my initial vegetable patch of 35 m2 d trapped 9 in ten days. If you want to have martyr plants, it is upstream of the vegetable garden, to testify to their presence, and trap them outside of your crops. You do not in my opinion need to attract them to something in your vegetable garden, they are sufficiently attracted like that and will very quickly prefer your other vegetables to your dandelions, which they can find elsewhere.

Me, I attract them to trap them !!! Like that, I know where to find them. Artichokes work well.
1 x
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stephgouv » 19/05/20, 11:38

Doris wrote:... Last year on my initial 35 m2 vegetable garden I trapped 9 in ten days. ...

It's about the size of my vegetable garden so no wonder it's a minefield!
By the way, stupid question: is there a risk of "collapsing" the ground if too many galleries?
0 x
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stephgouv » 19/05/20, 11:42

Did67 wrote:Me, I attract them to trap them !!! Like that, I know where to find them. Artichokes work well.

I'll tell my neighbors about it : Mrgreen:
0 x