The vegetable garden of the tribes: lazing with the family

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The vegetable garden of the tribes: lazing with the family

by Moindreffor » 14/06/20, 15:07

I had a cast iron chair with wooden seat, but a hedge not yet supplied enough, my chair too close to the fence jumped above the fence, one day during my absence, since I am looking for one but not yet found a beautiful that I like well that is pretty, it misses

it's boring to always have to go out and put away your chair ...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 15/06/20, 08:35

Moindreffor wrote:I had a cast iron chair with wooden seat, but a hedge not yet supplied enough, my chair too close to the fence jumped above the fence, one day during my absence, since I am looking for one but not yet found a beautiful that I like well that is pretty, it misses

it's boring to always have to go out and put away your chair ...

In a shared garden I could have had the same problem ... I recovered plastic chairs from the trash, no one dared to steal them!
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 16/06/20, 10:13

This year, I “missed” the climbing beans (or the slugs didn't miss them). As I ran out of seeds, I threw kidney beans. And I'm telling myself that it may be better for toddlers: it's easier for them to harvest, it's pretty much everything they need.

To think about for next year.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/06/20, 01:38

Rajqawee wrote:This year, I “missed” the climbing beans (or the slugs didn't miss them). As I ran out of seeds, I threw kidney beans. And I'm telling myself that it may be better for toddlers: it's easier for them to harvest, it's pretty much everything they need.

Last year we had missed a line of 15m x 40cm .... all puffed up.

This year I stuffed a trunk but in return I had to put on a 1 hour every night for 15 days to pick up the slugs and give them to the hens

A priori it worked even if UNDER the very green arch and of intact appearance it is a little stalingrad ...

To see what it will give in the end but I am afraid that the damage from below will destroy the whole.

And there is no way to fight because rummaging below is impossible.

At the time I did not yet have sufficient anti-slug molds.

But for beans that form this type of "canopy" I think it would only be effective at the start.

Then it would be too difficult to replenish the molds with water.

Perhaps a deliberately sparse or even very sparse sowing.

But in this case it is productivity that would collapse and require far too large areas.

In short, today is doubt.
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 18/06/20, 11:08

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Rajqawee wrote:This year, I “missed” the climbing beans (or the slugs didn't miss them). As I ran out of seeds, I threw kidney beans. And I'm telling myself that it may be better for toddlers: it's easier for them to harvest, it's pretty much everything they need.

Last year we had missed a line of 15m x 40cm .... all puffed up.

This year I stuffed a trunk but in return I had to put on a 1 hour every night for 15 days to pick up the slugs and give them to the hens

A priori it worked even if UNDER the very green arch and of intact appearance it is a little stalingrad ...

To see what it will give in the end but I am afraid that the damage from below will destroy the whole.

And there is no way to fight because rummaging below is impossible.

At the time I did not yet have sufficient anti-slug molds.

But for beans that form this type of "canopy" I think it would only be effective at the start.

Then it would be too difficult to replenish the molds with water.

Perhaps a deliberately sparse or even very sparse sowing.

But in this case it is productivity that would collapse and require far too large areas.

In short, today is doubt.

Okay. We have the same problem. I think the problem with climbing beans is that slugs eat the stem too! Not just the foliage. So sometimes it cuts the plan, or it breaks it, and it's done.
My baby beans seem to grow faster and more robust. It is the triumph variety of farcy and I am very happy with it. The first twenty feet already give me correctly, I raised 40 to do more. We'll see in mid-August.

For the tribe subject, I plan to do a big session this afternoon in the vegetable patch, I will see what tasks the children like to do.

I saw that Doris was talking about a book on insects, I am starting to wonder if a version for the youngest (or in any case adapted) of the insects present in vegetable gardens could have an interest in being brought to the vegetable garden , to make discovery.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 18/06/20, 11:23

Rajqawee wrote:I saw that Doris was talking about a book on insects, I am starting to wonder if a version for the youngest (or in any case adapted) of the insects present in vegetable gardens could have an interest in being brought to the vegetable garden , to make discovery.

If you want to do a good deed at the same time, buy your book by the LPO, they have a catalog and books for the whole family
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 18/06/20, 14:03

Rajqawee wrote:[

I saw that Doris was talking about a book on insects, I am starting to wonder if a version for the youngest (or in any case adapted) of the insects present in vegetable gardens could have an interest in being brought to the vegetable garden , to make discovery.

I talked about this site

https://www.insectes-net.fr/index.htm

It is done by a retired and passionate professional, there is its history on the site. It is very accessible, according to these words intended for children from 7 to 77 years old (compared to that I am at the beginning of the third third, it's going : Cheesy: )
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand