The vegetable garden of the paresSundgau (lazy of the Sundgau)

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Mistletoe68
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: The vegetable garden of the paresSundgau (lazy of the Sundgau)

by Mistletoe68 » 07/05/20, 09:19

I admit, the plans were bought from a market gardener in the village next to the woodland three weeks ago and who also works on living, untilled soil ... and animal traction for "heavy" work such as haymaking ...
In short, plans having grown to 3 km ', under an open tunnel greenhouse, without treatments ... and installed in mine for a few more days, duration during which they had a good vigor in pots ...

When transplanting, I indeed watered (1 glass per foot), in the greenhouse, nothing in the ground. : roll: ( not recommended ?)
Same protocol for tomato stems in a greenhouse and everything is ok.

Regarding nitrates, it was a real question because I was on my own with the "witness" foot in super shape at 40cm ... and if in addition we just throw a small spot in the back of the referee ... regretted, didn't I just tackle one of the refs?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/05/20, 11:52

In a vegetable patch, we often have more questions than answers !!!!

In another life, I invented what I called a form of "action research" (more pompously in English: "action oriented research": research while acting, by doing) ... One of the "dogmas "was that it's an" iterative method "- you do something, it doesn't work, you have a problem: why? It works, you have another one, because immediately new questions arise ... Let's say you introduce a new culture or a new device: how are people going to get it? to repair it ? If production is important: how to market? transport, store ??? Socially: some, the innovators, will get rich! Will they "eat" the others? How to support those when they are reluctant? Etc., etc...

Well, it was quite attractive. Conceptually speaking ... there are traces left !!!!!
0 x
Mistletoe68
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mistletoe68 » 07/05/20, 14:12

Message received Did67 ...
This is what I forced myself to do for 11 years in order to obtain a "reasonable result with tree grafting": tests - analysis - elimination 1 to 1 of the hypotheses

It is indeed the same family as tomatoes, 1 solanaceous? And tomatoes are very popular in the greenhouse, the feet reach 2m50 mini with 1 big harvest ...
I will buy plants and try to work on acclimatization, see if replanting in a larger pot in the greenhouse and outside brings the same result, in order to eliminate / confirm the hypothesis associated with "soil". .

See you in a few years for the result : Mrgreen:
0 x
emilio57
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emilio57 » 21/06/20, 12:40

Gui68 wrote:
I take this opportunity to share a life-size test "LIMACE II the return" and I let you react, complete, criticize, amend (we understood I think) in a part of the garden covered with hay since November, never affected by the man since ...

We also did all the tests imaginable, alas, every evening and morning, we see the carnage, endless attacks.
The thing that seems to limit the breakage a little, and to put leftover salads, peelings and even bananas (she loves it!) Near fragile plans
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/06/20, 15:01

I remind you that the slugs "thrive" before their predators ... There is therefore a painful phase to pass, during which the slugs are very comfortable, with cutlery, delicious plants and ... no predators yet .

It takes much longer for some of their predators, our auxiliaries, to settle.

And favorable conditions: places of life such as hedges, such as old wood, such as mounds or dry stone walls, such as tall grass ... All things that many gardeners abhor.

I just posted, on the main thread, two or three German videos with amazing things.

Including the repellent effect of dry mint debris!
0 x
Mistletoe68
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mistletoe68 » 21/06/20, 16:05

Hello community, back among you after a long absence to give you a mixed feedback (not to say the black mxxxx) of this first start of the season ...
Let's say that the 3 weeks of slightly humid weather between the monsoon and the tropical storm allowed me to breed a breed of Charolais slug ...
Never seen that, teeth like razors, a hunger for a wolf, and a reproduction rate of rabbits ...

Nothing could resist, cabbage, eggplant, tomato, salad, pumpkin, pepper, zucchini, red cabbage even the 60cm sunflower is sprayed ...
There I really go through a moment of total depression, fortunately that in the greenhouse everything is at the top!

Resigned to buying two boxes of anti slugs nothing helps and I collect seals.
In short, it's hard! : Evil:

I wonder if I don't have better time to let two weeks pass without touching anything more and to see if this break can give time to some auxiliaries to arrive ....
Your opinions and feedback on this month of June are more than welcome ... :( :( :( :( :(
0 x
Mistletoe68
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mistletoe68 » 21/06/20, 16:09

Witness the massacre ...
IMG_2068.JPG
0 x
Mistletoe68
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mistletoe68 » 21/06/20, 16:10

IMG_2069.JPG
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/06/20, 16:47

You are unfortunately not the only one to whom this adventure happens ... Even if the extent is variable.

Yes, to avoid being discouraged, you can use a molluscicide. Is it Ferramol (or a generic one, based on iron phsophate, which you used? Generally, the marketing wants that they are green, but there, they are blue, as formerly the granules containing metaldehyde, normally over the counter for amateur gardeners)?

If indeed, with the heat, things should go back to normal, I do not want to make you false hopes: it probably takes a little more time for the whole palette of predators to be present (even if I think I remember that you have a favorable environment, with ponds, etc ...) ...

Maybe I'll make you "howl": but starting this summer, think about "raising" enough slugs so that the first predators have to eat. In particular, cut the apples of salads, cabbage (if there are any!) Above the first leaves ... Distribute a maximum of "green household waste" on the surface - slugs prefer. Consider a "slug garden", with carnations, sunflowers, dahlias, hostas ...
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 21/06/20, 19:22

Gui68 wrote:
Resigned to buying two boxes of anti slugs nothing helps and I collect seals.
In short, it's hard! : Evil:

I wonder if I don't have better time to let two weeks pass without touching anything more and to see if this break can give time to some auxiliaries to arrive ....
Your opinions and feedback on this month of June are more than welcome ... :( :( :( :( :(

I sympathize ....., for having experienced the same thing last winter, excessively sweet. I crashed or went but something, everything happened. Hopeless. Am in mid-May I am calm, apart from the minor attacks last week with rains and cooler temperatures. The only thing that got me out of the case was unfortunately biocontrol with nematodes. I say unfortunately, because a little expensive, but at least since I am quiet, finally I have attacks like everyone else, but without gravity. Otherwise I noticed that you have to fight by using several means: you can take inspiration from Adrien's tricks, depending on the slugs you have, it's very good. I also put fern (dried, otherwise cane does not work), they do not like and bypass the place. Didier posted on the main thread a video with fresh mint as a repellent, it seems to me to be a serious track. And then away from the vegetable patch I make a corner for them, with plants they like and faded organic matter, as long as they eat it, it leaves me the rest alone. Always try to play on multiple boards.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand