GMOs good for health

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: GMOs good for health

by Obamot » 23/07/20, 01:35

realistic ecology wrote:
izentrop wrote:Excellent article, but you will attract the wrath of the "guy" with the "wooden" club : Wink:

No lightning strikes and blows, what matters are the arguments.

Ah, you would like funny arguments, except that you do not answer!
You still haven't said whether the water from the Loire is drinkable (thanks to your “miracle” with GMO nuts) ...

And if not what do we find there?

So can we drink it or not?

Ah and then I thought you were gone ...
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 23/07/20, 19:31

GuyGadebois wrote:...
And you ? Aside from throwing around the same lies you learned in the 60s over and over and over again and kneeling down to what you call "science" (aka corruption, business, marketing, mess)

Funny, the declinist who uses science, processors, a screen, electronics, networks, multinationals managing networks, all to tell us about this forum that people would no longer be interested in science. : roll:
It doesn't surprise me, ecology is a science, but we have rarely seen an environmentalist interested in it. For him this is only a useful pretext for his backward fight for economic regression and the Malthusianism that goes hand in hand.

without realizing that the world has changed and aspires to something other than your technophile program, what are you bringing to the debate? NOTHING. NEVER. Even your positions towards the climate are irrelevant, since you ardently defend those who disturb it.

Science was never made to make people happy. You have to be rather limited to have believed it, and obviously those who believed it end up coming back and attacking it, as if it was the cause of their stupidity. Science is knowledge. It gives us power over the world so it can promote material well-being, not happiness, solve lots of concrete problems, for which societies favor it. It can also create it but with a benefit / harm ratio in its favor, except to claim that living only 40 years, dying of tuberculosis or living disabled for life by polio, was an enviable situation compared to today. But there are some of those haves who complain about the climate which does not bother them in any way to live and, the icing on the cake, who would have been unable to imagine the existence of global warming if the science that they castigate hadn't told them! And now they are making their spokespersons! At this point of incomprehension or hypocrisy, it leaves you speechless.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/07/20, 21:52

Hop, the clone (or the second pseudo) of realistic ringing ignores it too. Tired of the sweets.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/07/20, 22:32

There should file a “patent” on “science” they already have the monopoly : Cheesy:

Science was never made for [...] bla-bla-bla

There are things here that would make my biochemistry teacher return to his grave ... Peace to his soul, a 'great sir ...'
We lived in the same area, he was very old, we talked often (he liked to put everything into perspective), and one fine day (I will always remember it, because I think it was the last time I saw him ... alas) I ran into him when he had a (one-way) ticket to the hospital - we exchanged a few words of friendship - then we stuck our fists in the face as a sign of solidarity. ..then I told him:
- “You are a great gentleman!"

And answered me with his smile (peering furtively at my waist from head to toe):
- “You are tall too ..."
: Cheesy:
He was a researcher at the Battelle Institute, but a man of great simplicity. Every time I posed some hypothesis in biochemistry, he would tell me:
- “yes perfect but I don't know, you have to try to find out ..."
: Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/07/20, 10:22

GuyGadebois wrote:Hop, the clone (or the second pseudo) of realistic ringing ignores it too. Tired of the sweets.
You seriously lack psychology, one of the two is climate skeptic, not the other.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 13/08/20, 16:11

"The adoption of insect-resistant and herbicide-tolerant GMO technology resulted in a reduction of pesticide spraying by 775,4 million kg (8,3%) and, as a result, an 18,5% reduction in environmental impact associated with the use of herbicides and insecticides on these crops (as measured by the indicator, the Environmental Impact Quotient (EIQ))."
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... 20.1773198

Well done GMOs.
The fight of environmentalists against GMOs will ultimately kill us and future generations.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/08/20, 18:13

Eminent proof of a failing deceptive system! GMOs are the loss of biodiversity ...

Even the herbicide cocktails can no longer overcome pests, I give up giving you the direct link, it's in this video:

People are losing their natural ability to resist viruses again ... Multiple deadly viruses have appeared regularly over the past few decades ... we need to see where this weakening comes from ... Why mankind is threatened again and how ... Your reasoning, based on a fallacy, is extremely simplistic and does not solve the problem!
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 16/08/20, 12:59

Obamot wrote:...
People are losing their natural ability to resist viruses again ...

This is not confirmed by the life expectancy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/08/20, 13:37

"Prospects”= Perspectives

It's really cool your little diagram!
Done in 2017, and we are in 2020 and the world has stopped with covid-19 !!! No question about the causes? Really?

In 2017, the diagram projected life expectancy until ... 2050! While we are only in ... 2020! Rubbish.
Life expectancy is “good”, except for those who die before ”.,. : roll: the covid will kill more than a million! (Alas)

With you science is like GMOs, you just have to believe in it for what the forecasts “suggest” happen ... Too much!
It's not worth a rabbit fart anymore ..!

With the EXPLOSION of comorbidities (more than half of the population?) We expect to see the same curve on:
“Healthy life expectancy” ... and we talk about it again ...

70% of people with eating disorders show co-morbidities.

comorbidities = several chronic pathologies = predominant risk factor in covid-19 (combined with age) ...
there your projection will take a nasty blow ... CQFD => that was precisely the goal of my post!
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 26/01/22, 15:39

On January 10, the world's first transplant of a heart from a GMO pig took place, without immediate rejection.
These modifications of porcine DNA to make it more compatible with human DNA and avoid rejection, are obtained using CRISPR-Cas9 technology. A protein coupled to an RNA strand acts like “molecular scissors” at a precise point in the DNA which it cuts to delete, inactivate or add a gene.

https://www.medschool.umaryland.edu/new ... sease.html

In the pig, everything is good...
2 x