Spouses Burgundians

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Burgundian Spouses

by Did67 » 12/12/16, 09:32

Yes, indeed, it is also more or less my point of view, even if I regret for example that Steiner writes that plowing is essential to bring the cosmic rays into the ground (from memory, something like that). ..

I add that at worst, the preparations are useless but are not harmful to soil organisms!

But I don't think you can classify them as "pro-biodynamic" - I've never read or heard anything like that among the Burgundians.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/12/16, 11:10

Hello,
I agree with you, I recognize their whistleblower action http://www.laclefdesterroirs.com/base-d ... ourguignon.
After tasting, the Bourguignon couple was able to say that organic wines were more aerial while biodynamic wines were more on the undergrowth ...

[wrong language mode]
Claude knows how to galvanize crowds, but also makes approximations which tend to indict some, especially here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7wbDr_P8NU.
Science has its limits. He also left to earn a better living and concerning biodynamics, he cannot deny his big customers.
[/ end of wrong language mode]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/16, 11:40

You wrote it. And I wouldn't deny you !!!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/12/16, 13:29

Hello,
I agree with you, I recognize their whistleblower action http://www.laclefdesterroirs.com/base-d ...ourguignon.
After tasting, the Bourguignon couple was able to say that organic wines were more aerial while biodynamic wines were more on the undergrowth ...

For the anecdote, wines were given to taste to a renowned oenologist (current affairs journal of 13 on Fr2 or 3?) Which were offered various wines to taste blind. These are the 2 biodynamic products that were placed among the best.
[wrong language mode]
Claude knows how to galvanize crowds, but also makes approximations which tend to indict some, especially here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7wbDr_P8NU.
What approximations? I listened to the whole of this video and I couldn't find where.
Science has its limits. He also left to earn a better living and concerning biodynamics, he cannot deny his big customers.
[/ end of wrong language mode]

It’s bad language, you’re well placed. It is to forget that it was fired and that its beginnings were difficult like any new business, it is not there to reach the emoluments of many other professions like the manufacturers of fertilizers destructive of the life of the ground.
For biodynamics (that few of those who criticize it) it is not a reservoir for large customers, but rather the reverse.

Did hello
even if I regret for example that Steiner writes that plowing is essential to bring the cosmic rays into the ground (from memory, something like that) ...

I have read a lot of Steiner and especially those who practice biodynamics and tillage is not a doctrine of it. (Unless I missed something? and therefore source!) Except, but as exceptional, when it comes to breaking the soles of plowing by subsoiler, unique operation. A common thing in agrobio during conversions and in less severe cases, it is a matter of aerating the aerobic surface to effectively promote the exchanges in which the cosmic rays participate. Otherwise the recommendations are similar to what Bourguignon offers.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/16, 13:59

Two or three details:

- biodynamics is indeed the "agricultural" branch inspired by the writings of Rudolf Steiner. As anthroposophy is that of medicine. Even if the development of biodynamics did not stop at the "Master", who had his disciples; lunar calendar stories are after Steiner ...

- I am not "against" (I wrote above that I had contributed to the financing by the Regional Council of Alsace, of what was for a long time the only "official" training, in a public establishment, of an agricultural diploma, the BP REA, "conducted according to the precepts of Biodynamics"; it was not easy; therefore do not think that I can be accused of being "against" - even if I am far from adhere to all the precepts!

- I read Steiner with my own eyes in the text explaining that it was necessary to open furrows so that cosmic rays could enter the earth; there was a diagram, which I remember, where radiation also entered through the ass of a ruminant to exit through the mouth (otherwise, it's the other way around!); I do not have this book, which was lent to me ... All religious thought is "encumbered" with the dross of its environment. Ramadan is not practicable by an Eskimo beyond the Arctic Circle (after 54 days without eating, we die)! But the Qur'an was written near the tropics, where day lengths vary little. Steiner could not imagine a world without plowing. Others do. Manfred Wenz, who is just a self-taught farmer and founding member of Bioland while being labeled Demeter! [he eventually got a waiver, but was almost "dumped" by Demeter, for that - don't plow!]
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/12/16, 18:30

Your thinking is full of wisdom
More "nuanced" this last part
- I read Steiner with my own eyes in the text explaining that it was necessary to open furrows so that cosmic rays could enter the earth; there was a diagram, which I remember, where radiation also entered through the ass of a ruminant to exit through the mouth (otherwise, it's the other way around!); I do not have this book, which was lent to me ... All religious thought is "encumbered" with the dross of its environment.
The problem of our society strongly influenced by an almost systematic negation of everything that is not material, controllable, in short "scientific", plays an important role in what is recognizable or not.
As a result, everything that does not fall within this framework is subject to mistrust, doubt, even criticism (justified or not). I therefore do not make myself more judge than you of the validity of Steiner's "visions", but at the same time the negation, a priori, of everything that does not fall within this framework (defined by the materialists in question) does not can account for everything that can be beyond the knowledge of the moment, prevents to differentiate between what comes out of a kind of magic, of superstition and what in this tote, can have value special. (plague sick animals)
Thus acupuncture which reasons in terms of energy networks and not of blood or lymphatic circulation vessels was considered to emerge from this magic, pseudo metaphysical side and therefore charlatanism and in fact only the violent poisons produced by the industry synthetic pharmaceutical was entitled. Bourguignon, like others, recalls that the comlexity of the living is not found in these products which sterilize the soil, but that respect for "nature" is much more complex than simple bacterial life and telluric and cosmic forces participate in it. a part that nobody gives itself to study without a priori.
So let's be careful about what is unfamiliar to us and which is not necessarily false, but rather unknown.

Ramadan cannot be practiced by an eskimo beyond the Arctic Circle (after 54 days without eating, we die)!

Ramadan, as practiced today, consists of a fast during the day and a lot of food at night and therefore no risk of mortality, but rather of indigestion.
But the Koran was written near the tropics, where day lengths vary little.

It's just, like all "religious" or philosophical books.
Steiner could not imagine a world without plowing. Others do. Manfred Wenz, who is just a self-taught farmer and founding member of Bioland while being labeled Demeter! [he eventually got a waiver, but was almost "dumped" by Demeter, for that - don't plow!]
intolerance is everywhere!
I do not think that it is (but that engages only me) for lack of imagination, it overflows rather, but his consideration of these cosmic forces could appear to him as more important than furrows in the ground (how deep for that matter). Besides, isn't there any confusion between plowing and furrows?
You also point out the difficulty of heating the soil at the beginning of spring when the plant cover prevents it (which is not the case in the undergrowth which does not cool as much and therefore warm up more quickly.) It is not easy to decide, nor obvious given the number of different and even contradictory parameters.
Masaru Emoto, born July 22, 1943 and died October 17, 2014, is a Japanese author known for his theory of the effects of thought and emotion on water. Wikipedia, which shows organization and disorganization, joins the work on sensitive crystallization or even Benveniste's work on the memory of water (let's say liquids) should encourage us to explore these paths rather than deny and reject as a whole. all that is not in the benevolence of the moment.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/16, 18:41

You did not understand that beyond the polar circle, in the middle of winter, the Muslim eskimo eats all the time, since the sun does not rise. Fastoche, Ramadan.

And in summer, the sun never sets. So he does not eat during all of Ramadan, our strict practicing Muslim eskimo.

This is why I said that it had been "invented" near the tropics, where the length of the day is quite stable whether it is summer or winter ... I think an eskimo, inventing the Islam, would not have recommended Ramadan in this form!

You will also note that to say that in all religious thought there are "slags" that can be linked to "the environment" in which the current was conceived has nothing to do with the negation of "what is n 'has not been discovered ". You must not push me into the nettles by a poorly controlled semantic shift!

The funniest thing in the genre is the "Cargo cult" (that exists) practiced in I do not know which island in the Pacific, and linked to the arrival of goods by boat: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culte_du_cargo (amazing and funny, right?). From my atheist point of view, others see messiahs in a bipolar ... But, obviously, this is only my strict point of view!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/12/16, 19:27

You did not understand that beyond the polar circle, in the middle of winter, the Muslim eskimo eats all the time, since the sun does not rise. Fastoche, Ramadan.
And in summer, the sun never sets. He does not eat during all of Ramadan.
This is why I said that it had been "invented" near the tropics, where the length of the day is quite stable whether it is summer or winter ...

This is fair but the Koran provides for reasons not to be able to practice certain rites when conditions do not allow it, but it is in the spirit that this subject like any religious precept (in the sense of its spirituality) must be interpreted. Find out from literate Muslim theologians who will confirm it to you. Eskimos have rhythms of life which make them go to bed despite the fact that the day is still there and get up even in the night phase. It is these rhythms which will determine what distinguishes these "days and nights" which are not and therefore, I suppose that the rite of Ramadan is copied there. The same case arises for the Jewish Sabbath elsewhere.
You will also note that to say that in all religious thought there are "slags" that can be linked to "the environment" in which the current was conceived has nothing to do with the negation of "what is n 'has not been discovered ".
The funniest thing in the genre is the "Cargo cult" (that exists) practiced in I do not know which island in the Pacific, and linked to the arrival of goods by boat: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culte_du_cargo (amazing and funny, right?). From my atheist point of view, others see messiahs in a bipolar ... But, obviously, this is only my strict point of view!

I did not know this cult cargo!
there is a significant cultural gap between these civilizations which probably accommodated the nice white often impregnated with the missionary spirit and populations inclined to see divinities everywhere (as for our hardly different Western divinities of which materialism and scientism)
The bible opposes this kind of so-called idolatrous manifestation, but between this text and its practice, there is often an almost insurmountable gap.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/16, 21:05

I like: you don't know, so it doesn't exist?

And, for my part, I will stop there, because it is no longer the subject at all. But then not at all. I have already gone too far.
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/12/16, 21:26

I like: you don't know, so it doesn't exist?
where did I say it doesn't exist? On the contrary, ignoring one thing should prevent any request for position and as I did not know ... !!!! : roll:
0 x