The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by Did67 » 13/02/18, 12:17

jpg43 wrote:Order the book from your local bookstore if there are any left, they will soon be out.

Yes. It is beneficial for everyone:

a) for you, chances of finding some because small booksellers are less "rushed"

b) for me, it introduces the book to the bookseller, who will perhaps enhance it, which will boost sales

c) for the local economy, because this keeps these small businesses / self-employed who sometimes pull the hell out of their tail, while paying their taxes, local taxes, etc.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/18, 12:31

Did67 wrote:I do not understand that their algorithms do not anticipate requests better now. At first, they couldn't know. TANA has not yet broken down. Why don't they order 500?

NB: For those who sent me a check, I am also out of order ...

Yes Amazon should not try to understand everything ... it's a terrible gas factory, I was a seller for 3 months and it's the big mess !! : Cheesy:

The 1st google amazon link (from my home) is as follows:

£ 14,95 + £ 4,99 delivery in metropolitan France

Usually ships within 6-10 days.

Dispatched from and sold by ~ LIBRAIRIE PAPETERIE DU LYCEE ~.

It's not really a break, but just a "long delay".

On the other hand, there is no choice of other sellers (not even Amazon, if it is to wait 10 days as long as the shipment is free ... no?) ... Generally there is 'option "Available from these sellers ..." ... In short, what is Amazon doing? I do not know...

ps: well we will wait a bit to publish the news on the site so ...
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 13/02/18, 12:32

jpg43 wrote:Order the book from your local bookstore if there are any left, they will soon be out.

yes, finally I order not from Leclerc, but from a small bookseller-stationery in Bouzonville (if he wants!)

although ... I remain suspicious ... because when I read "work less to collect more" ... well sorry, for me "to collect" is to work! therefore to collect more is to work more! : Cheesy:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/18, 12:34

Julienmos wrote:although ... I remain suspicious ... because when I read "work less to collect more" ... well sorry, for me "to collect" is to work! therefore to collect more is to work more! : Cheesy:

But no that's the humorous (anti?) Sarkozist touch of Didier !! I adore!
1 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 13/02/18, 12:36

Christophe wrote:
But no that's the humorous (anti?) Sarkozist touch of Didier !! I adore!

yes yes, of course I was kidding! : Lol:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/02/18, 12:58

Independent bookstores

Indeed, these days, Amazon is a deterrent!

There are networks of independent bookstores. By entering your location, you will know the nearest member bookstore and if it is in stock.

https://www.librairiesindependantes.com ... 030102406/

And also an online bookstore which makes available in a network of bookstores or points of sale (if I understood correctly, it is an online sales site which goes through existing bookstores):

https://www.lalibrairie.com/livres/le-p ... 02406.html
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/02/18, 13:01

Christophe wrote:
It's not really a break, but just a "long delay".

On the other hand, there is no choice of other sellers (not even Amazon, if it is to wait 10 days as long as the shipment is free ... no?) ... Generally there is 'option "Available from these sellers ..." ... In short, what is Amazon doing? I do not know...

ps: well we will wait a bit to publish the news on the site so ...

As you can see, they are sold to you themselves via one of the bookstores in their "market place" (hence the high shipping costs and a longer, unsecured delivery time).

When it is at their place, there is a mention "in stock" and the costs are announced at 0,01 €.

That they were surprised by the request, I understand. That they are not able to react, for a "trader", it is not brilliant. As already said, there is not (or not yet?), A break at TANA.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/18, 13:14

Did67 wrote:As you can see, they are sold to you themselves via one of the bookstores in their "market place" (hence the high shipping costs and a longer, unsecured delivery time).

When it is at their place, there is a mention "in stock" and the costs are announced at 0,01 €.

It is the lack of the option "Also available from these sellers" (Amazon included) that I do not fully understand ...

Did67 wrote:That they are not able to react, for a "trader", it is not brilliant. As already said, there is not (or not yet?), A break at TANA.

Bin there it is the concern of the "big ones" ... how many references of books there are at Amazon? 100? 000? So necessarily the restocking can be long ...

And the whole thing is more and more managed by AI ... so necessarily this (can) reduces (reduce) reactivity!

Fortunately, it's not just Amazon!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/02/18, 13:20

Even out of business, Amazon is relaunching its old customers with an "offer" in which my book is first.

Here is a message received by my daughter (who clicked several times to see where my book was; immediately the algorithms reacted):

Screen Shot 02-13-18 Amazon promotion.PNG
Screen Shot 02-13-18 Amazon promotion.PNG (342.97 KB) Viewed 2886 times
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/02/18, 13:31

For those who are waiting: new delivery announced just now, at my place. I resume my expeditions!
1 x