The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by Did67 » 13/02/18, 11:42

Christophe wrote:
Thank you Didier!

I do not forget the essential role of this forum. Where I first talked about pellet boilers, and had acquired notoriety ... One day, I remember, I brought my strawberry back to a thread where it was about agriculture and direct seeding. What remundo stands out when it is only a question of my gardening experience ... This will become the thread "Potager du Laesseux". Very quickly here (and also among my direct friends around me, here) some encourage me to write a book ... I do not believe it for a second. Others to make videos: I send them first to bowl ... Steph72 who calls me one day: "we are organizing a week on the vegetable garden with conferences". And to put me at ease, specifies "There is the gardener of the Jardin des Plantes, do you agree to come?". I had never thought about it, at the conferences, but I did not cheat ...

So this little paragraph at the end of the book, unless I myself am one of those idiots that I regularly castigate, was absolute evidence. The man who forgets where he came from is already a bit shattered - even lost! [nice sentence that comes to me spontaneously but that I should note]
3 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/02/18, 11:46

Christophe wrote:Rolalalala ... if you knew !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Huh my didounet! : Cheesy:

Yes !!! Considering what we sometimes gut [I say "bitcoin" but I didn't say anything!], We must love each other !!!! But they don't need to know it!

Huh, what did I say? I said nothing !
2 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/02/18, 11:48

Christophe wrote:
Any idea what explains this success?

But my darling is that it is an excellent book !!!!!
1 x
jpg43
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpg43 » 13/02/18, 11:51

Order the book from your local bookstore if there are any left, they will soon be out.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/18, 11:52

Did67 wrote:So this little paragraph at the end of the book, unless I myself am one of those idiots that I regularly castigate, was absolute evidence. The man who forgets where he came from is already a bit shattered - even lost! [nice sentence that comes to me spontaneously but that I should note]

Completely and the dedication goes in the same direction (you are disappointed eh!)!

Otherwise the book is super well organized, illustrated, paragraph airy, pleasant to read ... And the price is not expensive considering its volume and the quality of its "form" (we see books at 25 € of similar "shape" ...) ... and basically we already knew that it was quality (at least we could strongly suspect)! 8)

ps: try to find a moment to write the promotion news (see our latest MP) because as it will appear on Google News, it will give an extra boost to sales ... no need to do it within 48 hours ( otherwise your editor risks infar there!) but do not hang around too much ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/02/18, 12:00

Christophe wrote:
And the price is not expensive given its volume and the quality of its "shape" (we see books at 25 € of similar "shape" ...) ... and basically we already knew that it was quality (at least one could strongly suspect it)! 8)

I thank my editor. The "project" had been pre-sold on the basis of the order, with 250 characters (roughly 000 pages) [the famous 150 pages that can still be found on some sites]. Not only did she manage to "pull out" the 144 pages, without asking me to crop the text, at the same price, but keeping the "illustrated sheet" in the middle.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/18, 12:03

Did67 wrote:is that it is an excellent book !!!!!

The fact that a book is excellent (and it is see my last message ...) can not explain a start like this (except if it is the new book of a best seller author or a Goncourt prize winner etc etc ... who already has notoriety or a media presence ...) ...

Indeed; for a book to be designated as excellent, people must have had the time to read and talk about it ... right?

So the youtube / econology effect (and all the other sites that have talked about you ...) seems to me a serious lead ... Otherwise your editor will certainly tell you more, it's his job (too)!
1 x
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 13/02/18, 12:07

Bhen he is really lazy the book of the lazy, pre order almost a month ago it will arrive these days!

Yes I know it is well done for me (lazy order at mamazone : Oops: )
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Did67

by Did67 » 13/02/18, 12:14

phil12 wrote:Bhen he is really lazy the book of the lazy, pre order almost a month ago it will arrive these days!

Yes I know it is well done for me (lazy order at mamazone : Oops: )

They've already been "restocked" twice ... And are out of stock again [when you go to the site, it doesn't show up as in stock; they refer to an associated bookstore in their market place; the shipping costs are not the famous 0,01 €; there, you know they are breaking up].

I do not understand that their algorithms do not anticipate requests better now. At first, they couldn't know. TANA has not yet broken down. Why don't they order 500?

NB: For those who sent me a check, I am also out of order ...
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/18, 12:15

Did67 wrote:Not only did she manage to "pull out" the 300 pages, without asking me to crop the text, at the same price, but keeping the "illustrated sheet" in the middle.

Ah well, this explains that! 8) Normally a book of this quality (I'm talking about the form) is offered for 20 to 25 € and the illustrated leaflet in color is quite rare ... so it's a doubly econological book in substance and shape! 8)
0 x