The lazy garden made in northern Elsass

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The lazy garden made in northern Elsass

by Did67 » 19/07/18, 09:29

For the carrot, I doubt a priori that it is the caterpillars of Lycaenidae ...

I lean, if it is about critters, on the side of either underground slugs (the black ones), or .... the ants ???? I still have a lot of ants. But hey, there are still some now, as it rises.

In addition, for several years now, I have noticed, on carrots in particular, but not only, the presence of root aphids!
0 x
torrent sites
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by torrent sites » 27/01/19, 18:19

Hello,

I haven't had too much time to spend the past few months.
So here I am back with a question that annoys me:
it will soon be the time for sowing tomatoes. I always did my seeds myself but last year there was a failure so no seeds were collected : Cry:
I don't really know the different varieties of tomato, but basically I had some to eat in salads, to make sauce and some early to hope to be the first in the area (I never succeeded :( ).
What could you advise me as a variety knowing that I am in Alsace so generally a fairly humid climate (recent years are currently exceptions in my opinion)
Regarding the purchase of seeds, do you have favorite places (I would like old and rustic varieties, not F1 to be able to collect my seeds)?

thank you in advance
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/01/19, 21:18

Just a detail: the fact that the old varieties would be hardy is a bit of a decoy (if we take hardy in the sense of resistant to diseases). It would rather be the opposite. I know, this is very ingrained. But it is not because there are 100 of them gurgling that they are right!

Today the catalogs of the main suppliers are full of all kinds of varieties (from the most modern and hybrid - and therefore the most resistant to diseases such as Fandango - which is an F1 hybrid - to the old classics - the real beef hearts, Bern roses, Crimean blacks - very susceptible to diseases!, or retorts - very sensitive to the apical black spot) ...

You have a few classics and the rest is a matter of taste. To say something is a bit absurd. It's like singers - everyone prefers their own and finds others "horrible" ...
0 x
torrent sites
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by torrent sites » 28/01/19, 19:34

Thank you for your answer.
I expected this answer a little.
I know that the half-mast rose I will do a few feet because my daughter is a fan, after for the others I am lost. I flew over the pdf, but it is very very dense and for an amateur like me a little indigestible.

As we are a bit in the same area and that from what I see in your videos we have essentially the same "climate", could you tell me which are the varieties of tomatoes that you usually plant and that you are satisfied with? disease resistance level (taste I will do my business)
0 x