Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
joeltarlao
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by joeltarlao » 16/03/22, 18:19

Moindreffor wrote:I discovered a "food crop" chain the guy works the soil and he is in bare soil,

Hello Moindreffor,
I found this YouTube channel "Agriculture Vivrière" https://www.youtube.com/c/AgricultureVivri%C3%A8re.
Is that what you're talking about?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/03/22, 19:36

I came across this:

[A side "Jehovah's Witness", or Mennonite, the guy! I find... I haven't watched everything, but the heifer that "grazes" to keep the corn clean, that, I would like to see: a) that she doesn't crunch the leaves of the corn first. .. b) and that it deigns to crunch the majority of common weeds under corn: amaranths, knotweed, nightshade, goosefoot, bindweed...??? Even if there will also be some poaceae - foxtails, switchgrass... - so "grasses"]
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/03/22, 21:38

Didn't get it if he was a pro
But agricultural "hygienism": "clean", "dirty", leaves you dreaming... when you see it tick on a microscopic grass

I'm going to send him the video of the pumpkins that have grown in the middle of the grass which, THEY ALSO, have contributed, like his tarpaulin, to keeping the ground covered and therefore cool and protected from the sun's rays, but also with a tissue of roots.. .live of all the "bad" weeds that helped feed the life of the soil...etc etc...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/03/22, 22:00

Did67 wrote:It's been some time (two or three years) that I want to do complete "cycles" of culture. But I can't discipline myself!

Film / label / classify at each stage!

Yet this is what should be done, for it to make the most sense.

You can do it without doing any of that.
I film as I go.
I balance without thinking in the file of the culture in question of the year
And it is only at the time of editing I sort

Only difference than you... it's sure that I have less "dandruff" : Mrgreen: so it's faster.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/03/22, 22:11

Did67 wrote:It's just a matter of how much work!

The fields like my father's (professional) vegetable garden were clean! Simply, on Thursday, I didn't have football, but hoeing.

And in the potato fields, I was competing with my grandmother who was about to turn four. And who won! Because she hoeed EVERY day (except in winter). Me, student, ass on the bench of the Agro, I was not the weight during the holidays!

It's brutally effective. No discussion. But not funny!

I looked furtively: a priori, he is "motivated" by a trip of the "survivalist" type or at the very least "autonomist". Let 10 years pass, and we'll see!

Oh ok, I read the last post before this one.
As the other would say, he gives himself (in my opinion) a superfluous crazy job

In this regard, I am quite surprised to see a "sneaky" gradual shift towards a return to old-fashioned work: hoeing and weeding still have a bright future ahead of them, it seems.

This no doubt also corresponds to a “clean” state of mind at the time.
Weeds are poo, they're dirty, there are bugs and microbes and maybe even viruses in them, who knows?

Not sure that our lazy tendency doesn't find some resistance on its way
It will be interesting to see the atmosphere in the conferences over the years.
Past the permanent craze, not sure that the "traditional" vegetable garden will not make a comeback in a few years, oddly under the impetus of certain "young people".

Speaking of young I'm having my first visit next week.
Informed by people from the valley, they are young people who come from another valley not very far away but more lenient and who wonder if they will be able to settle (a priori not as professionals) here because the climate there is harsher.

To be continued
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/03/22, 22:38

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
You can do it without doing any of that.
I film as I go.
I balance without thinking in the file of the culture in question of the year
And it is only at the time of editing I sort

Only difference than you... it's sure that I have less "dandruff" : Mrgreen: so it's faster.

Yes... When I publish a video of 1h30, it's often 3h of rushes - and when I don't edit in stride, I have to watch again before starting to edit, then editing, checking before editing, editing and putting online... It's hours...

[But I'm getting back to it - actually, I got caught up in the book again; today, at 15 p.m., I finished rereading, at a forced march, the BAT; and tomorrow morning, I normally receive for validation the layout of the last modification !!!]
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/03/22, 22:40

Did67 wrote:Yes... When I publish a video of 1h30, it's often 3h of rushes - and when I don't edit in stride, I have to watch again before starting to edit, then editing, checking before editing, editing and putting online... It's hours...

When I see what it is for 15 or 20 minutes I can't even imagine hours... : Shock:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/03/22, 22:52

... / ...
This no doubt also corresponds to a “clean” state of mind at the time.
Weeds are poo, they're dirty, there are bugs and microbes and maybe even viruses in them, who knows?

Not sure that our lazy tendency doesn't find some resistance on its way
It will be interesting to see the atmosphere in the conferences over the years.
Past the permanent craze, not sure that the "traditional" vegetable garden will not make a comeback in a few years, oddly under the impetus of certain "young people".

Speaking of young I'm having my first visit next week.
Informed by people from the valley, they are young people who come from another valley not very far away but more lenient and who wonder if they will be able to settle (a priori not as professionals) here because the climate there is harsher.

To be continued

1) I think there is an "Amish" side, with a lot of agronomic approximations (if I look between the lines)... But I admit that I don't learn anything from it so I'm not motivated to watching more than the half video I watched...
2)... rather a return to the earth in the "autonomist" but clean and well-meaning vein (come on, I'm betting a kopeck, that makes me think of a right-wing Catholic Versailles trend; I'm perhaps badly influenced by a couple that I received at his request to discuss their project and which came under this vein, quite surprising; interesting on the project, hyper-well studied, but humanly, I had trouble; moreover, a meal was hot enough when I said what I thought about this form of reactionary, backward and fascistic thinking!)

That said :

1) Let's not dream: the lazy way is ultra-minority! There must not be more than one garden in 1!!! And that's not going to change significantly.
2) "Permaculture on mounds" is already an outdated fashion (but I announced it as early as 2017 that it was "stillborn": a lot of work that brings no net benefit (I'm talking about building mounds ) = we inevitably drop, sooner or later; suaf "ecomuseum of permaculture", with paying trainees...
3) Even if he is "ultra-minority", I haven't - not yet ???? - the feeling that the lazy wave is declining: my book, although it is more than 4 years old, is still at the top of the rankings on Amazon, ahead of books by "potagers-youtubers" which have just been released; I still have a lot of requests for visits (but hey, the post-Covid effect is difficult to gauge)
4) I hope I have given lazy gardening more content than just a fad... I said well, I hope...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/03/22, 22:53

When I see what it is for 15 or 20 minutes I can't even imagine hours... : Shock:

Don't imagine!!!!

Some evenings, when my wife is working, I finish a day of editing that I started after coffee, around 1 o'clock in the morning... I'm talking about editing.

Afterwards, I let it "mill" all night...

And some "upload" last 2 days if I have no luck with my ADSL! Fortunately, and it's great, Youtube resumes an "upload" if it has been cut and does not start from scratch...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/03/22, 23:04

Something that I always find surprising: the audience of my channel remains stable, even slightly increasing, as well as new subscribers, while I haven't published anything since January 21st. And that I do nothing to be in the format!

2022-03-16_22h57_30 Yt.png
2022-03-16_22h57_30 Yt.png (102.47 KiB) Viewed 1671 times

The Amazon ranking tonight:

2022-03-16_23h01_35 Amaz.png
0 x