Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Doris » 11/01/22, 17:33

Moindreffor wrote:on the other hand what a pleasure, a sunny weather, not too hot, well installed in the vegetable garden and watching the vegetables grow, that's really the foot : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Absolutely, and after almost three years I finally find this happiness, and I become even more philosopher than before: very solicited, not to say attacked by the outside world to always do more and faster, and well, I have started the path of change, this time not for the vegetable garden, but for me. The hard part, leaving, it's done. The rest is in the process of being done. As a wise person said: Sometimes we leave to think. And sometimes we leave, because we have thought about it. For me, it's the second option, and so I take this temporary freedom to watch the vegetables grow with my husband, and it's really fun.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/22, 17:54

Rajqawee wrote:
I don't trust myself 100% on this point :D
But that said, my wife is quite present at home and the children too (home school), it must be able to be organized ... it's still a bit of DIY to set up, and I don't not lacking elsewhere. I will think about it for the nightshades ...

Even fairly simple "weather stations" have boxes with alarms that you can program ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 11/01/22, 19:18

Moindreffor wrote:but indeed without light it does not grow at all, even if there is a sufficient temperature, so there is a period when nothing should be hoped for in terms of growth because of the lack of light

I thought about it in 2021.

So I did a lot of tomato seedlings in August 2021 for 2022.
I transplanted them into the chests at the end of December during the Christmas holidays ... the days increase little but they increase
Some have resumed well, some are dead ...
To be continued: the atmosphere of the chests with the cords is correct and I used long tubes
So this year no artificial lighting
The seedlings emerged at a time when the days were still long even if I think I was a month late: next year I will do them at the beginning of July.

I continue to do tomato seedlings regularly
Some lifted directly into the coffers
-12 at night all the same and the cords do not work miracles, in the early morning it drops below 5 degrees
But with the sun during the day it climbs above 25
Not sure that it holds because this time of the light, it tends to slip ...
Those which have been transplanted and which have held up do not particularly show signs of spinning: the initial idea came from there, to make them pass the less luminous period to an already advanced stage where it might not bother them too much. ..
Masi good interesting experiences to follow in all directions ... there is really a lot to follow
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/01/22, 19:52

Doris wrote:As a wise person said: Sometimes we leave to think. And sometimes we leave, because we have thought about it. For me, it's the second option, and so I take this temporary freedom to watch the vegetables grow with my husband, and it's really fun.

bug sometimes, the philosophical level of this thread is beyond me : Mrgreen:
this one I note, I too am on the second ... and it's so great
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 12/01/22, 09:09

Did67 wrote:
Rajqawee wrote:
I don't trust myself 100% on this point :D
But that said, my wife is quite present at home and the children too (home school), it must be able to be organized ... it's still a bit of DIY to set up, and I don't not lacking elsewhere. I will think about it for the nightshades ...

Even fairly simple "weather stations" have boxes with alarms that you can program ...

I have a bit of the equivalent, I bought a thermostat with probe to trigger the vivarium wire which will heat the sowing table ... it can also cause an alarm. I have to think about it!
0 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 12/01/22, 09:33

Did67 wrote:[quote = "pi-r" t .... in your videos from last year ...

Oh good ? So I uploaded ???
[I filmed a lot, edited little and uploaded; suddenly, I don't know where I am; I remember when I film, in general; not the rest] [/ quote]

yes you mentioned this project and also made a comparative greenhouse / frame analysis based on the T ° ... I think it was in one or more videos from a year ago ...
Last edited by pi-r the 12 / 01 / 22, 09: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 12/01/22, 09:51

Did67 wrote:It is then necessary to leave the open frames! The risk of burning is almost certain. The risk of dying of cold is much more limited (even small tomatoes withstand - 1 ° C dry). So apart from sissies, the risk is limited. Much more than we think!

It is anthropomorphism: it is believed that the seedlings are very sensitive. On the contrary, they are more resistant than the more developed plants. A 3/4 leaf wheat tolerates down to - 30 ° C. Of course, he's a champion. But the trend is quite general! There, I have lots of levees in the greenhouse and that night, some inquired - 4,6 ° C. I have not been to see - but I am confident.

in my memory, this is what you said in the videos in question ... which translates to me as ... well I do not make a frame ... but I put my pots and buckets against the south-facing wall from the house on the entrance steps, where they take advantage of the mass effect and the maximum luminosity. when the small frosts are there I cover with old jute bags and if it is beyond -3 , -4 planned I go back for the night to the garage or to the house, especially for the sissies in the spring. for these same sissies at the very beginning of spring I take a few plants from local producers on the market who produced them in the greenhouse ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/01/22, 10:15

Ah yes, the south-facing wall, a sure bet!

And then you can quite easily, without work, lean a polycarbonate sheet ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/01/22, 10:18

Well, this morning, I made giant strides in my tests on winter crops: - 7,2 to - 7,5 ° C on some of my probes ...

For 2 days, they have been working well: I had to move the box in front of a window with a direct view of the vegetable garden and not close the curtain (metallic - therefore an obstacle to the waves) ... That way, I have the continuous recording of 8 probes ... For the first time this night. That turns out well...

I'm waiting this afternoon to see what the seedlings made on the 31st look like, which had emerged en masse ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 12/01/22, 10:43

Did67 wrote:Well, this morning, I made giant strides in my tests on winter crops: - 7,2 to - 7,5 ° C on some of my probes ...

For 2 days, they have been working well: I had to move the box in front of a window with a direct view of the vegetable garden and not close the curtain (metallic - therefore an obstacle to the waves) ... That way, I have the continuous recording of 8 probes ... For the first time this night. That turns out well...

I'm waiting this afternoon to see what the seedlings made on the 31st look like, which had emerged en masse ...

we can clearly see that your climate is continental, here it does not go so low, but it does not rise so high in summer, so I do not have the same problem as you with regard to the cold, so if it is okay with you , it will go even more easily at home, and therefore it will really open the field of possibilities for gardening in winter, I will have to finish reading the Palme : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)