Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Doris » 23/07/21, 07:26

Nettle is unfortunately not universal, I also find it difficult to install it, even in the shade. Besides, in nature here I only see it near streams or the lake. Too hot and arid in my area.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Miaos
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Miaos » 24/07/21, 20:17

Here, nettle represents a substantial part of my mulching in certain areas. However, I only cut them when they spill over onto the paths and become awkward to put them back on the nearest mulch area.

The locust is super fun to work with. I have a vein where I can harvest it at will. Beautiful large subjects which give me trunks and branches well as it should be. The only regret is that it is on the edge of a particularly steep motorway, so I wouldn't risk using the BRF that I could get out of it.

I don't use nails. A good pre-drilling, stainless steel screws and it fits by itself for maximum strength.
0 x
Boris70
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Boris70 » 24/07/21, 21:38

Doris wrote:Nettle is unfortunately not universal, I also find it difficult to install it, even in the shade. Besides, in nature here I only see it near streams or the lake. Too hot and arid in my area.

Surprisingly, I thought it was more resistant. At home, it grows in draining and sunny soil in the company of St. John's Wort! With the difference that it is installed on the site of old compost heaps. She even survived in the greenhouse which was for a while without water! Comfrey also manages to develop on my land.

On the tomato side, Stupice was the earliest this year. Blush will follow soon.
0 x
Recharge your batteries in sacred places http://www.lokahita.fr
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 25/07/21, 07:03

Boris70 wrote:Surprisingly, I thought it was more resistant. At home, it grows in draining and sunny soil in the company of St. John's Wort!

St. John's Wort and Comfrey here are no better. I have a little comfrey, and I mean, a little, it is very puny. St. John's Wort is a little easier, once it's settled in one place it's okay, but it takes years to get overwhelming.
Otherwise on the tomato side: the very first is ripe, and it's a Stupice.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 25/07/21, 09:01

Doris wrote:Otherwise on the tomato side: the very first is ripe, and it's a Stupice.

Tell me, how is she?

never done Stupice, it will be for 2022, but since 8 days we have the 1st, but unknowns in my jungle, Maestria maybe.
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 25/07/21, 12:29

ditto, reddening of my first two (from Montfavet).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/07/21, 12:46

With me too, Stupice wins. Clearly. We ate the first ones about ten days ago (from the greenhouse).

There, it goes into production. Others follow. Including a "mysterious" "tomato from the Aisne" that someone sent me and which turns out to be quite early, big, productive ... I have two or three other varieties that blush: Bloody Butcher, Gregoy Altäi ( whose plants have a dirty face, for reasons not identified, or not yet identified) ... Soon, probably the first heart of beef grafted in greenhouse ... Bloody Butcher is outdoors ... The first "of Berao "should follow - they are very sick (alternaria - this was the only ones for a long time! - and now a little mildew). Suddenly, feeling themselves to die, they blush!

[Maestria, I have a doubt that it is precocious: I have one; for the moment, except "tunnel", therefore fully exposed to the rain, still intact of mildew (some very small traces of altenariose) ... But tomatoes still very green ...]
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/07/21, 15:19

Did67 wrote:Ah! I did not know the nettle so delicate! I imagined it "universal"!

Ah not the shadow of one.

By the way, there are some on the same southern slope but lower behind the wall of a house so very sheltered from the sun, the house being leaned against the hill with a lot of humidity, there the conditions are good.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 25/07/21, 17:48

Biobombe wrote:
Doris wrote:Otherwise on the tomato side: the very first is ripe, and it's a Stupice.

Tell me, how is she?

never done Stupice, it will be for 2022, but since 8 days we have the 1st, but unknowns in my jungle, Maestria maybe.

This is the first year that I'm doing it, and I'm not over it, to be done again next year. The taste is good, and it turns out to be quite sturdy in my face with illnesses. A fortnight ago, when I treated with baking soda, all the kinds have held up well, on the other hand some have marked the blow compared to the new fruit, still very small. This is the case for example with roses from Bern, the first clusters are still intact today, on the other hand after that it spoils a little. The Stupices have not budged.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 27/07/21, 21:51

Thank you again for your last video which I watched with pleasure. Always in a messy style and taking the time to look at the puny plants and ask the question of why ...
It's very guilty and that's what I like about your videos.
You are right to have nothing to beat and to make the format that suits you. Do not take your head too much with the trolls, given your audience it is inevitable.
Good luck finally for the worries of life, whatever they may be ...

To one of these 4
Stéphane
0 x