Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Feroe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Feroe » 28/02/21, 20:24

Hello, Vincent, I am trying laboriously to grow a few tomatoes, small purples and other peppers in the Var at an altitude of 400 meters in pebbles. I was about to give it all up when I came across this forum, hay I understood, the lounge chair too, but if we replace the beer with a glass of rosé, can we still consider ourselves a phenoculteur?
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 28/02/21, 20:29

So for my part, concerning garlic, I do not respect any rule.

First, I cover my soil during the winter, and in the areas where I am going to put garlic, I cover it in October with about 20 cm of dead leaves (maple, service tree, lime tree ...), with au above, a little wood chips so that they do not fly off.

Then, from November to February, I regularly plant garlic cloves. I started by planting everything I had left over from last year that was too small to eat: the bulbils, and the tiny buds. Then I planted little by little, everything I saw start to sprout. There were also many leftovers from last year, as pods bought in grocery stores or supermarkets, and which can be from Spain, Eastern Europe (Poland, Romania ...), or from China.

I plant under the leaves, without a dibble, by pushing the pods just a little into the soil, which is very loose. I separate them by about 5 cm, or a little more.

And the garlic has been coming out for a few days, it doesn't seem to have a hard time breaking through the rotting leaves. Obviously, there will be no need to weed. I will plant tomatoes in the middle of the garlic in June, before harvesting the garlic in early July.

I would add that I also have pods which had not germinated the year before, which I had left in the ground, and which germinated this year.

So there you go, I'm doing a bit of anything, we'll see what happens.

My idea is to select a collection of varieties adapted to my soil, my climate, and my practices.

Garlic also plays a bit the role of green manure, and allows me both to enrich the soil with dead leaves, and to structure the soil with its roots.

For virus infections, we'll see if that causes me problems.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 28/02/21, 21:23

Virosis Didier does not talk about it in his last video. By planting like him last year, I had plenty of them. Some pros, in order not to process on the contrary, space more to avoid processing.
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 28/02/21, 21:52

phil53 wrote:Virosis Didier does not talk about it in his last video. By planting like him last year, I had plenty of them. Some pros, in order not to process on the contrary, space more to avoid processing.

Yes, he talks about it.
But I must admit that I am not sure how to identify a virus in garlic. Or maybe I never saw one.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/02/21, 21:53

Boris70 wrote:They will let the forest grow for 30 years without intervention and without human presence, so they have time !! It was in the article.

I can no longer find the cycle from the meadow to the forest but it seemed to me that it was longer than that.
0 x
Boris70
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Boris70 » 28/02/21, 23:12

trampling.jpg

that's it the fada is back! You will have made me laugh with your covid dance !!

Concerning the Moon, you do well to specify that it is about the disciples of Steiner, in particular Maria Thun. What we usually forget is that it has obtained amazing results by combining biodynamic preparations with the lunar calendar. But without the preparations, not much is happening. I observed it with radishes (sow every day to be able to compare the effect of the day) result: not significant. I did it with potatoes: not significant. I heard from a Youtubeur gardener who did transplants on bad days: the transplant takes anyway! Damien Dekarz who tried out in commercial gardening did not observe any differences.

When we look at the work of Maria Thun we also see that the yields with the preparations increase compared to the witness whatever the day! So for sure there is a yield bonus with the right day, but it reminds us that the basis of biodynamics is the use of preparations before respecting the lunar calendar.
1 x
Recharge your batteries in sacred places http://www.lokahita.fr
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 28/02/21, 23:37

VetusLignum wrote:
phil53 wrote:Virosis Didier does not talk about it in his last video. By planting like him last year, I had plenty of them. Some pros, in order not to process on the contrary, space more to avoid processing.

Yes, he talks about it.
But I must admit that I am not sure how to identify a virus in garlic. Or maybe I never saw one.

I listened poorly then, it must be said that I was interrupted several times. Thank you for the precision, I put it back.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 01/03/21, 10:03

Boris70 wrote:Maria Thun. What we usually forget is that it has obtained amazing results by combining biodynamic preparations with the lunar calendar. But without the preparations, not much is happening.

you have the approach on the biodynamic comparison and without biodynamics which concludes with the increase that interests me to know the presented protocol
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Boris70
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Boris70 » 01/03/21, 10:50

Moindreffor wrote:
Boris70 wrote:Maria Thun. What we usually forget is that it has obtained amazing results by combining biodynamic preparations with the lunar calendar. But without the preparations, not much is happening.

you have the approach on the biodynamic comparison and without biodynamics which concludes with the increase that interests me to know the presented protocol

Yes, she explains the protocol followed for each trial. I have reports on Winter Wheat, Potato, Oilseeds and Red Clover. Which one interests you, I'll scan it and post it here.
0 x
Recharge your batteries in sacred places http://www.lokahita.fr
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 01/03/21, 12:56

Boris70 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:

Yes, she explains the protocol followed for each trial. I have reports on Winter Wheat, Potato, Oilseeds and Red Clover. Which one interests you, I'll scan it and post it here.

send the one on the potatoes
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)