Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Boris70
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Boris70 » 28/02/21, 15:54

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
What is it that bothers you?

Spending?

Would you have preferred to leave fallow and let nature take its course?

Yes it is the expense that bothers me since the objective is to have a natural forest.
0 x
Recharge your batteries in sacred places http://www.lokahita.fr
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 28/02/21, 17:38

Doris wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:The medium-sized versus the voles

I looked, the idea may sound good, but I really wish him that he wasn't the same species as me, otherwise it's dead, he will come in from the top, no problem.

However, will the voles find in the basement with the relatively shallow fence and a restricted space in width an environment that will suit it?

Probably not, but it can very well nest elsewhere, not very far, and as soon as there are the good vegetables or the good roots to nibble, it goes in the bin, helps itself and leaves. At home in 2019 that's what he did, he gave me, finally, they ransacked my vegetable garden several times, while living a little further away, out of sight, under a rock garden, and under an oak tree. And to move between their residence and their pantry, they go underground, or squarely on the ground, they jump, they are incredible, these critters. Once even in 2019, I had just planted peppers. I moved away from the vegetable garden for perhaps half an hour, the time to install with my husband a watering system for a massif fifteen meters from the vegetable garden, and indeed on the return half of the peppers screwed up. And yet the beast could see us, hear us and all. They are very smart and adapt to a lot of things, except my traps : Cheesy: . So for the guy in the video I hope it works, he did a monster job, but I have my doubts.
3 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/02/21, 19:04

A good economical way to rebuild a natural forest is to make windrows or piles of pruning branches and wait: the birds like to perch there and their droppings provide free seeds coated with fertilizer (organic, moreover. !). The seeds germinate and develop nicely under the cover which lets through enough light, then the branches degrade and sag to leave them all the room ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/02/21, 19:12

Boris70 wrote:

Spending?

Yes it is the expense that bothers me since the objective is to have a natural forest.

Ok ok

You should know the place well.

Are there not also special arrangements

Is not letting it go longer than planting the trees directly instead of waiting for them to come by themselves?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/02/21, 19:16

Doris wrote:
Doris wrote:I looked, the idea may sound good, but I really wish him that he wasn't the same species as me, otherwise it's dead, he will come in from the top, no problem.

However, will the voles find in the basement with the relatively shallow fence and a restricted space in width an environment that will suit it?

Probably not, but it can very well nest elsewhere, not very far, and as soon as there are the good vegetables or the good roots to nibble, it goes in the bin, helps itself and leaves. At home in 2019 that's what he did, he gave me, finally, they ransacked my vegetable garden several times, while living a little further away, out of sight, under a rock garden, and under an oak tree. And to move between their residence and their pantry, they go underground, or squarely on the ground, they jump, they are incredible, these critters. Once even in 2019, I had just planted peppers. I moved away from the vegetable garden for perhaps half an hour, the time to install with my husband a watering system for a massif fifteen meters from the vegetable garden, and indeed on the return half of the peppers screwed up. And yet the beast could see us, hear us and all. They are very smart and adapt to a lot of things, except my traps : Cheesy: . So for the guy in the video I hope it works, he did a monster job, but I have my doubts.

Ok ok
I'm lucky not to have any so I don't know their habits.

It is sure that if they can raid the surface what he did is only partially useful
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/02/21, 19:20

I think I mentioned it a few weeks ago about this covered accident, here is the video.

Overnight almost everything that was in the safe in question lost its leaves and more or less quickly disappeared.
I was able to save 2 or 3 tomatoes

It is only the kale that escaped unscathed and which still persists today.

0 x
Boris70
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Boris70 » 28/02/21, 19:47

Boris70 wrote:

Spending?

Ok ok

You should know the place well.

Are there not also special arrangements

Is not letting it go longer than planting the trees directly instead of waiting for them to come by themselves?

They will let the forest grow for 30 years without intervention and without human presence, so they have time !! It was in the article.
0 x
Boris70
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Boris70 » 28/02/21, 19:57

Ahmed wrote:A good economical way to rebuild a natural forest is to make windrows or piles of pruning branches and wait: the birds like to perch there and their droppings provide free seeds coated with fertilizer (organic, moreover. !). The seeds germinate and develop nicely under the cover which lets through enough light, then the branches degrade and sag to leave them all the room ...

Yes or do nothing !! We are lazy gardeners! Since I no longer mow all kinds of trees and shrubs grow, without making swaths or making piles of branches. Even the neighbour's cat prefers to come to my wasteland which is much more interesting than its lawn which is reduced to piloselle and moss, so much has the land been impoverished by decades of mowing without input.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 28/02/21, 20:09

Doris wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:The medium-sized versus the voles

I looked, the idea may sound good, but I really wish him that he wasn't the same species as me, otherwise it's dead, he will come in from the top, no problem.

he will not settle down, he will just come to shop as before, good with a little detour and the need to be a little uncovered
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 28/02/21, 20:21

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Is not letting it go longer than planting the trees directly instead of waiting for them to come by themselves?
this is precisely the problem to let it happen it's too long in any case longer than an electoral mandate, so must be green at all costs, 25 € per m2 investment to plant trees that cost less than € 1 each is a luxury labor, and I love using an Asian method to plant European forest, another good com, easy when you type in the taxpayer's wallet, because the participation of local companies is naturally tax breaks
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)