Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by pi-r » 22/02/21, 17:04

@doris: in view of the weather forecast for the south, we are going to have other lifts and therefore have other "siroco hits" in the coming times. here the wind is so stormy that the dust does not have time to settle and goes directly to your home ...
@didier: happy to see in your video of the day that the signs of spring are also coming back in Alsace.
here I started my first spring sowings at the beginning of the month, in my recuperation mini-greenhouses (transparent plastic box with cover for foodstuffs) outside. I was also able to do my seedlings of beans and snow peas. those of the fall held up perfectly even if the frost, the snow and now the storm shook them well.
I knew the vigor of living in breeding. but in the vegetable garden it becomes just as "moving" for me who was only interested in phytotechnics almost only fodder production !!!!
0 x
humming-bird
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by humming-bird » 22/02/21, 17:09

Galack wrote:Hello,
I just bought the book and start reading it. I have a first question .... Is it too late to start your lazy vegetable garden at this time? I find in Meuse, my very small vegetable garden just had a very small attempt last year, some salad, radish, and one or two squash and pumpkin and 2 feet of tomatoes ... I am a great beginner.

Hello everybody
I am in the same Galack helmet (pietre gardener who has just discovered the vegetable garden of the sloth at Christmas) and I asked myself fewer questions.
I just finished pulling up the brambles and ivy that had invaded my plot this morning, I put hay everywhere and I'm waiting for my potatoes to sprout to put them there. It seems that the potatoes work wonders under the hay, .... we'll see : Cheesy:

On another board where there were tomatoes last year, I had already turned over and covered with cardboard boxes and then with compost, I stuffed with hay and I am waiting for May to install the tomatoes.

Under the tunnel greenhouse, I cleaned the remains of tomatoes from last year and covered with hay, two or 3 weeks ago, I am thinking of installing some salads there while waiting for the tomatoes. At home, tomatoes don't like the outdoors too much because of the humidity, that's why I always put some plants in a small greenhouse.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 22/02/21, 17:32

pi-r wrote:@doris: in view of the weather forecast for the south, we are going to have other lifts and therefore have other "siroco hits" in the coming times. here the wind is so stormy that the dust does not have time to settle and goes directly to your home ...

I had a few small gusts of wind, but this morning it rained, everything fell, the cars are sand-colored too
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 22/02/21, 23:11

Didier's der in a swimsuit Image... or almost

0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 22/02/21, 23:15

Attachments
6 carboys of kerdane 6 future cloches.jpg
6 carboys of kerdane 6 future cloches.jpg (105.89 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/02/21, 08:31

pi-r wrote:
I knew the vigor of living in breeding. but in the vegetable garden it becomes just as "moving" for me who was only interested in phytotechnics almost only fodder production !!!!

In a conference or a video where the two, I had described myself as a "poor gardener" but a "good breeder of living soil organisms which know how to garden!"

Our way of doing things is based more on breeding!
3 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 23/02/21, 08:58

Did67 wrote:
pi-r wrote:

In a conference or a video where the two, I had described myself as a "poor gardener" but a "good breeder of living soil organisms which know how to garden!"

Our way of doing things is based more on breeding!

I have the same thoughts for people who tell me that my bread is good and that it asks me for a job "ah no, it's the leaven that is good. And the job is also the bacteria that do! For 5 hours of lifting, I only work 3 times 2 minutes .... "
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/02/21, 11:30

For information, at the moment (11:30): + 20 ° C at the weather station ...

And to think that a week ago, a madman, in short a big jerk, explained to me his disappointment about the fact that I was spreading nonsense about global warming (in my video where there was snow!) - I made a vague allusion to it, that this snow did not contradict, that it was necessary to distinguish "weather" (variable and changing by nature) and climate (the "big average of a set of climatic parameters" over the long term) ...
1 x
Rust COHLE
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Rust COHLE » 23/02/21, 20:17

Good evening everyone, speaking of warming, I would need your lights!

Indeed, some time ago I acquired two Stelzner Classic 8060 tensiometers (one for the greenhouse and one for the outside), like those of Did67, in order to make it a little more objective when it It would be necessary to water, and since at home it has not rained for weeks, I wonder about the need to water given the twenty degrees at the moment, but despite the instructions I unfortunately do not understand everything ...

If by any chance someone had a few minutes to spare I would be grateful!

Here are my data and questions:

- My soil: 57% sands, 32% silts, 11% clays

- From what mbar value should I start watering?

- How should we proceed for the filling?

- For the burial?

- Can it be left permanently in the soil free of frost?

- What type of water do you use?

- And if you have any feedback, I'm a taker ...
Attachments
TENSIOMETER.png
TENSIOMETRE.png (78.34 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
0 x
"Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
Rust COHLE
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Rust COHLE » 23/02/21, 20:28

A modest contribution: if anyone ever seeks to acquire a tunnel greenhouse here is the one I bought in 3x8m, it seemed to me that it was the best quality / price ratio at around 550 € with the requirements that I had:

- Two doors
- Lifting sides
- Low width
- Comfortable ridge height 2,40m
- Straight feet
- Cover in 200 micron thermal diffusing

It may not be worth the pro greenhouses with larger tube diameters, here in 32mm, but I felt that was enough for me, for now RAS.

If you have any questions do not hesitate.

https://www.ma-serre-de-jardin.com/serr ... 56604.html
Attachments
GREENHOUSE TUNNEL.jpg
SERRE TUNNEL.jpg (61.5 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
2 x
"Efficiency is intelligent laziness"