Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/02/21, 02:47

Moindreffor wrote:I think that with a sufficient number of bottles we should see a difference, because in the end, what matters above all is the duration of the temperature without freezing, for the winter

because what is also important is the brightness, in winter is it better to capture more even if it cools down more or to capture less with a slower cooling, because in winter the limiting factor will be the amount of light?

The most important thing is the slowest possible cooling.

The coldest temperatures are very late: everything is played at sunrise in the morning, that is to say

So no need to have a gunshot at midnight, on the contrary it has to purr until 6, 7 or 8 in the morning ....

This morning the outdoor minimum -7.2 occurred at 7:25 a.m.
While the mini in a bio chest +2.7 happened at 8:40 a.m.
Since the night before when it fell below 0 at 20:10 p.m. before dropping to -4 at midnight, it's been about 12 hours of negative temperatures to absorb
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 21/02/21, 06:43

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Since the night before when it fell below 0 at 20:10 p.m. before dropping to -4 at midnight, it's been about 12 hours of negative temperatures to absorb

It is for this reason that compared to your coffers, I have greatly reduced the principle, because my goal is to have this buffer effect. A normal winter night in my area is that it stays around freezing most of the night, so I only have 5 or 6 hours of negative temperature to cover. And under these conditions I manage with very light systems to keep minimum temperatures of 5 ° C. There were only two nights, where it went below zero, -0,8 ° and - 1,5 °, but this is the result of a whole week with negative temperatures from 18 p.m. , and days with little light.
Until now I only had transparent bottles, I still tried the black ones, but I think that with my conditions here it will not be significant.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 21/02/21, 08:16

Three remarks:

1) except disturbance (cold wind, change of weather), the lowest temperature will always be right at daybreak - a physical principle: energy goes from the hottest body to the coldest; so all night long, your chassis loses energy to the outside, colder; until the sun reverses it and its radiation raises the temperature ...

2) the "slope" of this drop depends on the insulation; therefore both the insulating qualities of the walls (the "speed" at which the energy passes through them by conduction; this is the principle of insulators such as expanded polystyrene or glass wool type) and their transparency (for the heat which leaves through radiation - the more it reflects inwards, the more it insulates; this is the principle of survival blankets - and thin reflective insulation).

3) you are in two different worlds: one in the mountains in the south, with generally dry air, often a clear sky = maximum radiation; the other in oceanic climate, with often "cloudy" air = limited radiation (the air is less "transparent"!)

Spring frosts are usually radiative frosts on a clear, calm day = land and vegetables lose a lot of radiation energy because the sky is clear; the absence of wind does not stir up the warm layers above and the icy air at ground level ...
1 x
Boris70
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Boris70 » 21/02/21, 12:12

Did67 wrote:
Boris70 wrote:
contribution MO sol.jpg

I still haven't looked to the end.

But in this diagram, at least an approximation: the compost is not strictly speaking a woody material (even if a compost of pruning waste can contain a certain content of lignin!).

I would have to redo the calculations, but never in your life do you find a stable OM rate at this speed (or we are not talking about the same thing: the fresh OM layer on the surface is normally discarded when we do analyzes of soil; we analyze the stable part) ...

I scraped about 1% in half a dozen years, with my massive contributions (around 20 cm of hay each year) ...

And it's pretty obvious: all the people who bring such doses of compote for example for 10 years, they would be at 12 or 14%! Unrealistic ...

The presence of compost had also questioned me, whereas he demonstrates in the conf that compost does not structure the soil. A careless mistake?

You break my dreams of Perrette and her milk jug : Lol: but indeed, it is not realistic. It may be 1% of global OM, part of which is mineralized each year. Unlike Perrette, I did not send my car to the ditch with the shredded material in the trunk !! It has arrived on my future tomato board, so the soil will be nourished and structured :)
0 x
Recharge your batteries in sacred places http://www.lokahita.fr
Galack
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Galack » 21/02/21, 17:35

Hello,
I just bought the book and start reading it. I have a first question .... Is it too late to start your lazy vegetable garden at this time? I find in Meuse, my very small vegetable garden just had a very small attempt last year, some salad, radish, and one or two squash and pumpkin and 2 feet of tomatoes ... I am a great beginner.
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 21/02/21, 18:11

Did67 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:we would not see it, suddenly, and would be completely stealthy!

in fact we see little or no black, since it only radiates very little, we see the hole, in a colored universe : Mrgreen:
put yourself in a very dark place, without any light source, there you realize what black is, or nothing that reaches your eyes

Certainly.

But a black body (this is theoretical, because we are unable to realize it - it is a body which absorbs 100% of the radiation it receives; therefore, it does not reflect anything) in full light, it is "black ", that is to say absorbs everything. Of course, you would see the "hole" since it would hide what is behind it. But in the first sense, you wouldn't see the black body ...

In a room without light, you do not see an object whatever its color (except of course a light source) ... It cannot see anything since it receives nothing. It is not the same. The color of the object also depends on the color of the light it receives!

exact we would not see the black body because it will not emit light, but the absence of light will indeed be interpreted by as a vision by our brain
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 21/02/21, 18:17

Galack wrote:Hello,
I just bought the book and start reading it. I have a first question .... Is it too late to start your lazy vegetable garden at this time? I find in Meuse, my very small vegetable garden just had a very small attempt last year, some salad, radish, and one or two squash and pumpkin and 2 feet of tomatoes ... I am a great beginner.

there is no time for the brave, so it's when you want
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 21/02/21, 18:24

Galack wrote:Hello,

It depends on where you are from!

a) wasteland / meadow

- you can "strip" as close as possible / leave in place
- cover
- plant what you want (buckets, squeezed clods, etc.) in the earth, making the smallest "trouy" possible; cover well "around" the plant
It happened to me in extreme situations (I had plants in pots but no more room!), To plant in the mown meadow and then to put the hay (but it is much easier to put it before, when you have it - I didn't have it!)

In this situation, if you open furrows, to sow in them, you will fall on the "grass", which will double your vegetables.

My first book is about the "journey" of my vegetable garden, where I started from a meadow. I was not aware that people would have a "guide" reading of it, whereas it was a much more "philosophical" reflection, which sketched out another way, based on my story ... I will take it up again in a video, because all the time it comes back!

b) if you have a vegetable garden, with land already "worked", more or less clean, this problem does not arise.

- you put - as I am going to do it - soon the hay, so that it settles, soaks itself during the next rains - I make the assumption that we are not already in drought !!!
- you cut the furrows when it's time (weather forecast)
- you sow
- or you plant without cutting furrows ...
1 x
Galack
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Galack » 22/02/21, 14:53

it's a piece of grass on my land just an attempt last year .... we've been here for 12 years. the land was returned just once last year for my pseudo gardening attempt, so I'm more in option a;)
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 22/02/21, 15:59

Didier, in your last video you talk about the sand of North Africa, which you filmed in early February I believe. I had it at that time too, and now it's back to me:
IMG_20210222_155041_0.jpg

IMG_20210222_154953_8.jpg
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand