Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 20/01/21, 16:09

Rajqawee wrote:Unfortunately, even at € 500, it stings. You can find old toyota for that price that no longer pass the MOT! A friend did it in Corsica, to move his firewood which he cuts on the hillside on his land. The toy is smashed but he does not care, suddenly.

Whether a Toy LC is smashed does not matter since it has a chassis and not a load-bearing body.
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 20/01/21, 16:11

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
Rajqawee wrote:Unfortunately, even at € 500, it stings. You can find old toyota for that price that no longer pass the MOT! A friend did it in Corsica, to move his firewood which he cuts on the hillside on his land. The toy is smashed but he does not care, suddenly.

Whether a Toy LC is smashed does not matter since it has a chassis and not a load-bearing body.

Oh yes, but one day the hand brake released, the toy hurtled down 50m to end up embedded in a large block of granite in the river below. The toy did not even stop spinning (but suddenly the chassis is still a little twisted)
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 20/01/21, 19:11

Rust COHLE wrote:What I do know is that for fruit trees, for example, curved branches start to bear fruit more and more quickly, as in trellised forms or palmettes, but can this be transposed to raspberries?

I would be tempted to say yes, without a proven scientific basis or personal test because never had a raspberry, but the principle being to slow down the flow of sap by bending the branch or the cane of the raspberry tree so that the wood buds turn into buds fruit (are there differentiated buds, wood and fruit, on the raspberry tree?), it could possibly work ...

For a fruit tree we can indeed accelerate the setting of fruit by bending branches / twigs: these are arches.
This makes it possible to calm the pressure of the raw sap in favor of the developed sap.

But a raspberry tree has a lifespan of one year! Everything is happening quickly and in my opinion the verticality of the plants is optimal for a quick fruit setting.
below a raspberry cane, we can clearly see the buds which integrate all the fruit expectations

1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/01/21, 19:16

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:

Yeah it's true, you have to buy batteries and a micro sd card is ruin Image

your list is a bit longer isn't it? : Mrgreen:
just that the price difference is not so huge, between a chinoiserie and a better quality model with warranty the question arises
me mine is a gift so I appreciate and that's it, I just need to be interested

Longer but unnecessary because of pure personal comfort : Mrgreen:

The only additional purchases necessary are therefore the batteries and the micro sd card. : Wink:

Besides, it's good
- the bay, in any case the one I bought is not suitable: its T-shape collides on one side with the mini USB socket and on the other with the shape of the box
- the steve .... hum I put it down but currently it is less cold outside in the steve -6.6 than in the greenhouse -7.6
To be confirmed anyway after checking the calibration but I doubt ...

I have nothing against chinoiseries, I'm just saying that you have to be aware that you get what you pay for, as I often say a Chinese steering servo motor yes in a boat, no in an airplane with radio control : Mrgreen:
and therefore it's a bit like a lottery, or like a box of chocolates ... eh! Forest
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/01/21, 19:26

Moindreffor wrote:I have nothing against chinoiseries, I'm just saying that you have to be aware that you get what you pay for

I don't know if to make a generality of it one way

The answer would rather be: it depends

The 20 € Fanju are very well made and work well.

We will see with the Misol
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/01/21, 20:13

Moindreffor wrote:I have nothing against chinoiseries, I'm just saying that you have to be aware that you get what you pay for

there you go, it works both ways, except that I don't really like the "it depends" I prefer the "it's guaranteed" : Mrgreen:
It's a bit like 3D printing, we had an ender3 which broke down very quickly, so still guaranteed, we took advantage of the drop in prices to buy the ender5 instead, machine reimbursed, there too breakdowns, must be said that we pushed it a little, 750 visors, 450 mask pliers, continuous production even at night, well we did the maintenance even under warranty we had to produce, there we go on a French machine with an after-sales service, a specific slicer, a design where you can anticipate maintenance by printing wear parts yourself, in short a machine designed by users for users, the price is not the same I grant you, but the quality has nothing to do

so yes we can be tempted by a low price, it often makes the job after each his level of requirement on the requested job
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/01/21, 20:31

Biobombe wrote:
Rust COHLE wrote:What I do know is that for fruit trees, for example, curved branches start to bear fruit more and more quickly, as in trellised forms or palmettes, but can this be transposed to raspberries?

I would be tempted to say yes, without a proven scientific basis or personal test because never had a raspberry, but the principle being to slow down the flow of sap by bending the branch or the cane of the raspberry tree so that the wood buds turn into buds fruit (are there differentiated buds, wood and fruit, on the raspberry tree?), it could possibly work ...

For a fruit tree we can indeed accelerate the setting of fruit by bending branches / twigs: these are arches.
This makes it possible to calm the pressure of the raw sap in favor of the developed sap.

But a raspberry tree has a lifespan of one year! Everything is happening quickly and in my opinion the verticality of the plants is optimal for a quick fruit setting.

then I will add that you have to see what you expect from your raspberries in terms of production, either you have the place to put in number or not, if you have the place, forcing the production makes no sense the number will be enough, the father of a friend planted a large orchard, we harvested fruit but we left so much that even by doing nothing we have a super surplus production
if you don't have the room, wanting to compensate by trying to boost a few feet is also ridiculous, it's a lot of work for not much

a pro will always try to optimize because it is his livelihood

I have a mulberry tree, last year I made 24 jars of jams, so much the better I didn't have many other fruits, this year I had mirabelles, blue plums, quinces, apples, rhubarb so j 've already made 12 pots of blackberries but I succeeded in my goal of autonomy : Mrgreen: in jam 52 jars in the cellar, and yet I still have blackberries all the rhubarb and more plums so I will still make a few jars to diversify and ensure autonomy, you never know if my consumption of jam increased, but it I will have to find other outlets for its fruits knowing that next year's production will be even higher and more diversified

so don't worry too much, at my mother's house we tore up all the raspberries to build a fence wall, the wall is finished and it pushed back raspberries and by doing absolutely nothing, my mother harvested more than one kilo of raspberries, well she saved a kilo of raspberries since most of the time they were eaten directly on the feet, next year there will be even more raspberries and therefore more raspberries, it is safe from wind I think we will do nothing more than harvest
1 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/01/21, 21:56

Moindreffor wrote:

there you go, it works both ways, except that I don't really like the "it depends" I prefer the "it's guaranteed" : Mrgreen:
It's a bit like 3D printing, we had an ender3 which broke down very quickly, so still guaranteed, we took advantage of the drop in prices to buy the ender5 instead, machine reimbursed, there too breakdowns, must be said that we pushed it a little, 750 visors, 450 mask pliers, continuous production even at night, well we did the maintenance even under warranty we had to produce, there we go on a French machine with an after-sales service, a specific slicer, a design where you can anticipate maintenance by printing wear parts yourself, in short a machine designed by users for users, the price is not the same I grant you, but the quality has nothing to do

so yes we can be tempted by a low price, it often makes the job after each his level of requirement on the requested job

I have no idea how reliable the Ender3 is
What went wrong with yours?

I did not count but I must be at 200 molds plus odds and ends so at this moment I'm satisfied with it but hey it can always mess up at the level of the motherboard, or electronics or whatever
Fingers crossed
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/01/21, 09:58

Biobombe wrote:
below a raspberry cane, we can clearly see the buds which integrate all the fruit expectations

This ties in with my observations. On the canes, whether it's the first year or the previous year flowering / fruiting first, the flower clusters appear on all sides, on my stems which I do not arch. I "string" them just to be able to move comfortably between the rows and harvest ...

Assuming that the arcures bring a plus, it is still necessary to make the ratio between this gain and the effort made to obtain it! For those who have room, make a row more and voila! There it is guaranteed: 3 ranks produce 50% more than 2 ranks!
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/01/21, 10:06

I had noted a little higher a difference of about 1.5 degrees for the probe under the steve

Have you noticed the same difference in yourself?
0 x