Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 18/01/21, 16:23

Biobombe wrote:... to the neighbor ... : Lol:

Aha! Ahahaha!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 18/01/21, 16:51

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Predictable
Buy the micro SD memory card separately as it is not included
Buy a stock of batteries (rechargeable for my part) because they are not provided either
Buy one or more Steve to protect the probe (s) outdoors
Buy a long USB cord (the one supplied, which is already good, is a bit short) if you want to connect the station to your computer depending on the location of one and the other
Have a CD drive to install the software on a mini CD Rom: I briefly looked for the software on the net without finding it, but it is probably there

So you have to dedicate a memory card to the station because the data is only recorded when the memory card is present in the station.

You also have a USB connection which allows you to display the data in real time on your computer (see possible long cord purchase)

yes so it's not expensive at the time of purchase but in the end, wouldn't a more expensive but better equipped station have been a better solution?
doesn't resilience start there?

Yeah it's true, you have to buy batteries and a micro sd card is ruin Image

your list is a bit longer isn't it? : Mrgreen:
just that the price difference is not so huge, between a chinoiserie and a better quality model with warranty the question arises
me mine is a gift so I appreciate and that's it, I just need to be interested
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 18/01/21, 18:36

pi-r wrote:
if you haven't seen it, there is Didier's video titled “darling we sow?” where he shows a lot of very interesting things ..

I couldn't remember!

But there is no woman's ass, nor my cock, let it be clear!
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 18/01/21, 22:03

Did67 wrote:
pi-r wrote:
if you haven't seen it, there is Didier's video titled “darling we sow?” where he shows a lot of very interesting things ..

I couldn't remember!

But there is no woman's ass, nor my cock, let it be clear!

it is true that with such titles, some must be surprised when they enter certain keywords in their search engine
1 x
(of me)
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 19/01/21, 11:22

Did67 wrote: I don't think there is a big difference between "bringing in hay" or "bringing in fresh manure". Even if the latter has been crushed a little by chewing, already a little attacked by digestion and even a little more, in the case of ruminants ("rumination" and passage through the rumen are a bacterial fermentation; the ruminant in fact does not "digest" the hay sensu stricto, but the bacteria which fed on the hay in the rumen) ... Brought in November or December or January, the final phase, nitrification; will be slowed down by low soil temperatures.

I think it is quite relevant to draw a parallel between living soil and ruminants ... at least for me who has spent part of my life with them, that's how I think. a ruminant with very high potential if I dare say.
in the doc of your interview (thank you for attaching it in PDF) you specify that under the term hay hides very disparate things. the "good hay" for the soil is not necessarily the one that has the best food value.
a small terminological remark: it "escagasse" me a little that in the exchanges, one speaks about hay of "natural meadow". in our latitudes, apart from a few specific situations for climatic and / or altitude reasons such as mountain pastures, there is no natural meadow. you say it in several videos to leave to itself a meadow returns towards a coppice. it seems to me preferable to use the term of "permanent meadow" or STH. surface maintained in this state by the pasture and / or the mowing. it is thus a "cultural" meadow if one takes this term in the sense the largest
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 19/01/21, 11:45

pi-r wrote:
Did67 wrote: I don't think there is a big difference between "bringing in hay" or "bringing in fresh manure". Even if the latter has been crushed a little by chewing, already a little attacked by digestion and even a little more, in the case of ruminants ("rumination" and passage through the rumen are a bacterial fermentation; the ruminant in fact does not "digest" the hay sensu stricto, but the bacteria which fed on the hay in the rumen) ... Brought in November or December or January, the final phase, nitrification; will be slowed down by low soil temperatures.

I think it is quite relevant to draw a parallel between living soil and ruminants ... at least for me who has spent part of my life with them, that's how I think. a ruminant with very high potential if I dare say.
in the doc of your interview (thank you for attaching it in PDF) you specify that under the term hay hides very disparate things. the "good hay" for the soil is not necessarily the one that has the best food value.
a small terminological remark: it "escagasse" me a little that in the exchanges, one speaks about hay of "natural meadow". in our latitudes, apart from a few specific situations for climatic and / or altitude reasons such as mountain pastures, there is no natural meadow. you say it in several videos to leave to itself a meadow returns towards a coppice. it seems to me preferable to use the term of "permanent meadow" or STH. surface maintained in this state by the pasture and / or the mowing. it is thus a "cultural" meadow if one takes this term in the sense the largest

Interesting distinctions. Any "basic" place goes back to a forest, in France (for how long ...). People mean natural grassland grassland whose plant biodiversity is not selected / whose plants on it have not been planted. Well in reality, they are selected according to the cattle that graze (in Corsica, nothing eats asphodeles, and so after a while there is only that left in the goat pastures! Yet no one has ever sowed the least asphodel ...). But basically that's the notion.

I personally think that manure remains a very interesting material BUT watch out for mishaps, as I no longer remember who had collected manure with a product that had rotten his entire vegetable garden. Still all my compassion elsewhere. That said, apart from these cases (rare I hope) many gardeners could benefit from consulting local equestrian centers, which often have astronomical quantities of manure which they do not really know what to do with. At the very least, it may be interesting to make it fit into its "mix of inputs".
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/01/21, 11:57

pi-r wrote:a small terminological remark: it "escagasse" me a little that in the exchanges, one speaks about hay of "natural meadow". in our latitudes, apart from a few specific situations for climatic and / or altitude reasons such as mountain pastures, there is no natural meadow. you say it in several videos to leave to itself a meadow returns towards a coppice. it seems to me preferable to use the term of "permanent meadow" or STH. surface maintained in this state by the pasture and / or the mowing. it is thus a "cultural" meadow if one takes this term in the sense the largest

Yes, you're right. On the background.

But I use this "technical jargon" that speaks to people. I oppose these meadows to situations where grass is produced intensively, like cereals, in "fertilized / treated crop" (ryegrass, etc.) between different other crops ...

I am surrounded by meadows that I call "natural" in the sense that they are never treated, rarely fertilized. These "natural meadows" are indeed STHs.

And since you're right, I'm going to try to be more careful and talk about "permanent meadows" which is a more general term, but more correct.
1 x
Rust COHLE
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Rust COHLE » 19/01/21, 22:06

Thank you all for your feedback on raspberries, I admit still being tempted by the Dutch method, I will still think about it and make up my mind, the hardest part.
0 x
"Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
Rust COHLE
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Rust COHLE » 19/01/21, 22:12

In the series "I want to buy this, what do you think? But is it really useful? "

I present to you my latest find: the electric wheelbarrow and this model in particular.

As usual, an opinion? Feedback on a specific model?

We are in the 400 €, it is between the classic wheelbarrow for occasional use and relatively flat, and the tracked wheelbarrow, a kind of compromise.

Battery voltage: 24V / 12A
BATTERY: lead BATTERY
Battery case: metal
Motor power: 500W
Container volume: 75L (water) 50L (sand)
Load capacity: 150 kg
Speed: 0 -5 km / h
BATTERY Charging time: 2 hours
Dimensions: 1500x600x680 mm
Weight: 33kg
Attachments
26BE66C5-8F88-4F70-9A25-F1E136784650.jpeg
26BE66C5-8F88-4F70-9A25-F1E136784650.jpeg (53.46 Kio) Consulté 827 fois
84FAE671-54A9-40D7-9600-A07E3A25176B.jpeg
84FAE671-54A9-40D7-9600-A07E3A25176B.jpeg (67.02 Kio) Consulté 827 fois
575C32B6-1FF6-4C8F-859C-29B838F00AB4.jpeg
575C32B6-1FF6-4C8F-859C-29B838F00AB4.jpeg (50.31 Kio) Consulté 827 fois
BA274772-70EE-43FC-814D-F72DDD71EACC.jpeg
BA274772-70EE-43FC-814D-F72DDD71EACC.jpeg (54.22 KiB) Viewed 827 times
41C01995-3620-4AF7-916C-FA1318B9A202.jpeg
41C01995-3620-4AF7-916C-FA1318B9A202.jpeg (80.97 Kio) Consulté 827 fois
Last edited by Rust COHLE the 19 / 01 / 21, 22: 32, 3 edited once.
0 x
"Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 19/01/21, 22:14

Rust COHLE wrote:Thank you all for your feedback on raspberries, I admit still being tempted by the Dutch method, I will still think about it and make up my mind, the hardest part.

it is a more lazy method in fact because in the end you do not tie anything more if you multiply the threads a little, you just have to make sure that the stems grow well between the two rows of threads

I have always known raspberries along something, a wall, a fence, a fence so indeed a stake and a wire, but never known raspberries linked, just held by the wire (s)
1 x
(of me)