Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by alkaline » 14/01/21, 22:47

Doris wrote:
Did67 wrote:Going to 6,2 in just over a season, it's crazy.

And at 6,8, you are at the absolute top !!!!

Yes, 6,2 in a year, it's crazy, and I wasn't expecting it, because it's also the driest and poorest place on my land (and certainly the most acidic too) . There grew only moss, broom, gorse, heather and ferns. Last year I put my potatoes there, and after harvesting bush beans. There for 2021 the spectrum widens. And 6,8 for the oldest plots, which have one more season, it's a great reward. But I saw it a bit last summer, some vegetables, including tomatoes and squash, have worked much better. Well, when you see the starting ground, everything is explained.
Oh that's really encouraging !! Owl then : Lol:
0 x
it depends
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 15/01/21, 09:07

Ah, it is sure that at the moment, when bringing organic matter becomes the only "job" (in quotes, because very often it becomes a game of games with my dogs) in the vegetable garden, it is really very nice .
3 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 15/01/21, 09:17

An interview of a more philosophical, more personal nature, which I granted to a "fan" for publication in "Libertoo" should be available shortly.

For those who know me "a little less", the opportunity to know a little more ... Without voyeurism!
0 x
Boris70
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Boris70 » 15/01/21, 10:47

Doris wrote:Ah, it is sure that at the moment, when bringing organic matter becomes the only "job" (in quotes, because very often it becomes a game of games with my dogs) in the vegetable garden, it is really very nice .

For my part, it may be more sporty because the farmers in my region do not deliver the hay, you have to go get it ... so I will have to opt for rectangular bales : Cry: I may have round boots next summer but still nothing for sure ...
0 x
Recharge your batteries in sacred places http://www.lokahita.fr
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 15/01/21, 11:47

A little hello / happy new year to all, already.

Then, fair, I beat you all in terms of laziness! Following the move, I no longer even have a vegetable garden!

Ps: but I'm looking for a little piece of land in my town to see if I can cultivate stuff anyway ...
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 15/01/21, 12:20

And happy new year to you and your family too, and welcome back to us after you land in a new place of life.
Rajqawee wrote:Then, fair, I beat you all in terms of laziness! Following the move, I no longer even have a vegetable garden!

Okay, but you're still missing half the stuff, it's not only maximum laziness, but also reaping a lot. But you will find, now that the big step is taken. Good luck
1 x
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/01/21, 23:55

Did67 wrote:That tells you, for the air as it is, at what temperature the condensations will start.

It is something that will influence the development of diseases such as fungus. On my station, I see when the measured outdoor temperature and the dew point overlap. This is then, at station height, the duration during which there are condensations.

Alas, I would need that at ground level. And there, when we reach 7 or 8 hours in a row, that would mean: red alert for mildew.

More anecdotally, it is also the temperature at which the bottle of water must be that you put in the pastis so that it drips! That justifies a weather station, right?

Ok, thank you.

I received the "weather station"
I tame it
A priori not bad for something that looks a bit like a gadget
Even my doubts about the reach seem justified

I will talk about it a little later
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/01/21, 08:46

Does it "log" the data well on a memory card?
But you confirm, no direct connection (USB) with a computer?

I was going to order!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/01/21, 10:02

Did67 wrote:Does it "log" the data well on a memory card?
But you confirm, no direct connection (USB) with a computer?

I was going to order!

Yes no soucy

Predictable
Buy the micro SD memory card separately as it is not included
Buy a stock of batteries (rechargeable for my part) because they are not provided either
Buy one or more Steve to protect the probe (s) outdoors
Buy a long USB cord (the one supplied, which is already good, is a bit short) if you want to connect the station to your computer depending on the location of one and the other
Have a CD drive to install the software on a mini CD Rom: I briefly looked for the software on the net without finding it, but it is probably there

So you have to dedicate a memory card to the station because the data is only recorded when the memory card is present in the station.

You also have a USB connection which allows you to display the data in real time on your computer (see possible long cord purchase)

From there being connected by USB you can display on your PC thanks to the software attached on a mini CD rom ... (see having a CD drive) in the form of a list or graph (summary displays) the data contained in the memory card by having the choice between your 5 probes.
And you can also export this data to csv (I haven't done it yet, hope it works fine)

The screen is small but paradoxically easy to read
The graphic display on the screen (configurable temperature, humidity, dew point and heat thing) is more of a gadget than anything else but hey it allows to have a summary visualization
However the displays of the 5 probes are clear
A priori no possibility to configure it: it is therefore (except error) temperature and humidity point bar

I put the screen copies below
Frankly I am satisfied with the product
It remains to check the only thing that in my opinion is wrong is the range
I have display breaks with the sensor in the vegetable garden that I do not have with the 2 test probes in the immediate vicinity
The connection returns after a few minutes but it would seem to show that it is not 100% reliable
I believe that I am going to be quits to make myself a small mast in order to put it more in view of the base which is however in direct sight with the vegetable garden but the sensor is behind a chest, fixed against the latter, to be sheltered from the sun and I think it gets stuck from time to time

Otherwise for the rather ridiculous price really worth it, it remains to be seen the reliability of all this

main screen.jpg
main screen.jpg (84.29 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

set up.jpg
set up.jpg (54.77 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

ALARMS.jpg
ALARMES.jpg (69.32 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

CALIBRATION.jpg
CALIBRATION.jpg (32.77 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

DATA IN THE FORM OF LISTING.jpg
DATA IN THE FORM OF LISTING.jpg (73.57 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

DATA IN THE FORM OF A GRAPHIC.jpg
DATA IN THE FORM OF GRAPHICS.jpg (41.6 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 16/01/21, 16:29

I do not remember, on which thread pi-r asked the question about the beans and the gel, but here it is, my unprotected Seville beans which suffered for a week -5 / -8, mostly looked like this:
IMG_20210116_145147_1.jpg

It still seems very dead, but 5 days later it's rebirth:
IMG_20210116_160419_2.jpg

They died anyway, but it holds up. I have Aguadulce beans also in another place, they are a little taller, but I had protected them a little, they did not move
2 x
Edmond Rostand