Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Boris70
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Boris70 » 13/01/21, 16:46

stephgouv wrote:How reliable is the tolerance of these sensors?
I have a sensor bought more than 10 years ago with its indoor weather station.
In winter, I bring in the sensor and install it in the veranda in order to monitor the t ° C and the triggering of the heating (fan coil).
1 month ago, I don't know for what reason, I placed it next to a mercury thermometer and I was amazed to see that there was a difference of about 4 ° C (in + on the mercury thermometer, which I + trust)
Suddenly, I think that all the readings made this year with my probe are all wrong and after the fact, that does not surprise me because I saw the t ° C displayed above Zero Vegetation on the screen and my vegetables that were not growing not!
4 ° C is huge! So when I saw on the display for example 10 ° C, I removed the protective film from the seedlings when it was actually only 6 ° C ...

Is it due to old age or was it badly calibrated at the start ???

I made the same observation as you with a difference of 3 ° C ... So I bought a station with a sensor. Surprise, the new sensor displays the same temperature outside as the old sensor !! In any case for temperatures close to 0 ° C the old sensor is still reliable, on the other hand around 19 ° it is much less !! So my 3 ° difference does not apply over the entire temperature range ... why make it simple when you can make it complicated !!
1 x
Recharge your batteries in sacred places http://www.lokahita.fr
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 13/01/21, 21:36

Boris70 wrote:I made the same observation as you with a difference of 3 ° C ... So I bought a station with a sensor. Surprise, the new sensor displays the same temperature outside as the old sensor !! In any case for temperatures close to 0 ° C the old sensor is still reliable, on the other hand around 19 ° it is much less !! So my 3 ° difference does not apply over the entire temperature range ... why make it simple when you can make it complicated !!

it's like your car after a while, it admits less idling and coughs at high speed, but between 50 and 100km / h it's going pretty well, so nothing very extraordinary : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 13/01/21, 23:55

Did67 wrote:
Biobombe wrote:

Didn't you write down the name of the variety?

Pe Tsai and Hong Kong, 2 varieties of Chinese cabbage mixed together.
but there is a strain that can stand up to all cold without protection, this year I might give it a try.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 14/01/21, 17:25

It's good I redid my pH tests. On the best and longest amended parts I am well at 6,8, and it tries to reach the next level, I tested in three different places. The November 2019 magnification is at 6,2. The rest of my giant rollmops jar doesn't even get to 5. I'm happy, and I'm going to continue on that same path of feeding my soil with hay, and whatever else.
3 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 14/01/21, 18:01

Superb concrete demonstration of what I was convinced from the start.

pH 5 is a distinctly acidic soil, where "it doesn't work well" ...

Going to 6,2 in just over a season, it's crazy.

And at 6,8, you are at the absolute top !!!!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 14/01/21, 18:03

Doris wrote:It's good I redid my pH tests. On the best and longest amended parts I am well at 6,8, and it tries to reach the next level, I tested in three different places. The November 2019 magnification is at 6,2. The rest of my giant rollmops jar doesn't even get to 5. I'm happy, and I'm going to continue on that same path of feeding my soil with hay, and whatever else.

excellent news, you will make yourself more and more happy
I will test something, a small area, which has risen in pH but that you would leave without cover to see how long it would take to re-dive, just to see the maintenance work
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 14/01/21, 19:09

Did67 wrote:Going to 6,2 in just over a season, it's crazy.

Yes, 6,2 in a year, it's crazy, and I wasn't expecting it, because it's also the driest and poorest place on my land (and certainly the most acidic too) . There grew only moss, broom, gorse, heather and ferns. Last year I put my potatoes there, and after harvesting bush beans. There for 2021 the spectrum widens. And 6,8 for the oldest plots, which have one more season, it's a great reward. But I saw it a bit last summer, some vegetables, including tomatoes and squash, have worked much better. Well, when you see the starting ground, everything is explained.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 14/01/21, 19:37

Did67 wrote:Superb concrete demonstration of what I was convinced from the start.

Nothing to see...

I need a little dew point lesson ...
What's the point?
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 14/01/21, 19:42

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Did67 wrote:Superb concrete demonstration of what I was convinced from the start.

Nothing to see...

I need a little dew point lesson ...
What's the point?

it is the temperature below which you start to have condensation (therefore dew) for a given humidity level of the atmosphere. In fact it is the temperature at which the vapor pressure of water is equal to the partial pressure of water vapor in the atmosphere
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Did67

by Did67 » 14/01/21, 22:38

That tells you, for the air as it is, at what temperature the condensations will start.

It is something that will influence the development of diseases such as fungus. On my station, I see when the measured outdoor temperature and the dew point overlap. This is then, at station height, the duration during which there are condensations.

Alas, I would need that at ground level. And there, when we reach 7 or 8 hours in a row, that would mean: red alert for mildew.

More anecdotally, it is also the temperature at which the bottle of water must be that you put in the pastis so that it drips! That justifies a weather station, right?
0 x