Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 11/01/21, 08:43

Alkaline wrote:... Ah that gives me the idea of ​​tasting my sugar loaves again. They were very bitter suddenly without success at the table. But now that it's frozen, they may have changed their taste like your salads

Same with me. They grow easily, become giant at the time of the "September push". But still very bitter (it seems that it is good for the health; there are written traces of "method of preparing a soporific medicine from white latex, thickened, common garden lettuce"; for the Wild lettuce, the effects would be wide: "Wild lettuce has sedative and hypnotic properties which calm the nerves or nervous excitement and induce sleep, with, moreover, analgesic properties which soothe pain. It is also characterized by antispasmodic virtues which calm the spasms, with emollient activities which soften, reduce the inflammation. It is an antipyretic plant (which lowers fever) and antitussive (which fights cough). Etc "I think these effects are related to alkaloids, related to bitterness ...

Source: https://renseigner.com/sante/phytothera ... les/laitue
0 x
Boris70
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Boris70 » 11/01/21, 11:37

Did67 wrote:
Alkaline wrote:... Ah that gives me the idea of ​​tasting my sugar loaves again. They were very bitter suddenly without success at the table. But now that it's frozen, they may have changed their taste like your salads

Same with me. They grow easily, become giant at the time of the "September push". But still very bitter (it seems that it is good for the health; there are written traces of "method of preparing a soporific medicine from white latex, thickened, common garden lettuce"; for the Wild lettuce, the effects would be wide: "Wild lettuce has sedative and hypnotic properties which calm the nerves or nervous excitement and induce sleep, with, moreover, analgesic properties which soothe pain. It is also characterized by antispasmodic virtues which calm the spasms, with emollient activities which soften, reduce the inflammation. It is an antipyretic plant (which lowers fever) and antitussive (which fights cough). Etc "I think these effects are related to alkaloids, related to bitterness ...

Source: https://renseigner.com/sante/phytothera ... les/laitue

I tried Leaf Lettuce Herbal Tea, it actually has a powerful calming effect, but I didn't like how it worked at all. I felt like it was working right in my head. Linden and lemon verbena do not have the same mode of action at all, they gently induce overall relaxation. Their infusion is fragrant while the leaf lettuce is very bitter. In short, the choice is quickly made !! Lettuce was maybe interesting when you didn't have the current painkillers.
1 x
Recharge your batteries in sacred places http://www.lokahita.fr
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 11/01/21, 13:57

Boris70 wrote:I tried Leaf Lettuce Herbal Tea, it actually has a powerful calming effect, but I didn't like how it worked at all. I felt like it was working right in my head. Linden and lemon verbena do not have the same mode of action at all, they gently induce overall relaxation. Their infusion is fragrant while the leaf lettuce is very bitter. In short, the choice is quickly made !! Lettuce was maybe interesting when you didn't have the current painkillers.

I'm going to consult the herbalists' bible, Le Mulot, which I never put too far away, like that of Maria Treben, not to mention Delachaux and Nestler.
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 11/01/21, 14:19

Boris70 wrote:
I tried Leaf Lettuce Herbal Tea, it actually has a powerful calming effect, but I didn't like how it worked at all. I felt like it was working right in my head.

Tell us if you actually needed to be calmed down, physically or psychologically? Or if you wanted to calm the pain?
If you just wanted to take a test, to see, then for sure, it goes to your head quickly.
And it all depends on the concentration, the extraction temperature of the active products, the quantity swallowed, etc.
Caution should be observed as you may be allergic to any component of the mixture.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/21, 14:52

If I am not mistaken, the latex of leaf lettuce, like poppy capsules, contains alkaloids with clear psychoactive effects. We sometimes compare to opium although a priori, the comparison is abusive. But maybe the return to reality is still unpleasant? I've never tried leaf lettuce or opium ...

https://www.psychoactif.org/psychowiki/ ... 9moignages

Natural or synthetic: a stoned guy is sad to vomit. Stupidity - or weakness? - pure crystallized human when it leads to self-destruction. When it's the crutch that remains to face the seemingly reality - and better to bury yourself alive!

I recall that among natural products, many are fatal. And quite a few simply extremely harmful. The most banal and trivial of all: alcohol. There is nothing more natural ... And yet the aftermath of drunkenness can be painful! It is, in our societies, the first drug. The deadliest too ... [I'm quite happy: I drink occasionally; I like good wines; I like good beers; but I still drink reasonably; in over 30 years of living together, my wife has never seen me drunk; never had a headache because of that]

LSD is a derivative of rye ergot, a parasitic fungus of rye which has almost disappeared following "treatments" of cereal seeds. But everything that is more natural too! And as old as the world - well, like grain. And yet, the last collective hallucination from this product, with deaths, dates only to 1951:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affaire_du_pain_maudit

It was while researching ergot in rye that chemists at Ciba-Geigy accidentally discovered LSD. A drop of the pipette and here they are hallucinating. Bingo!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/21, 14:54

Boris70 wrote:
I had the impression that it was acting directly in my head ...

It was not just an impression!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/01/21, 15:47

Did67 wrote:

Same with me. They grow easily, become giant at the time of the "September push". But still very bitter

I've always heard it said that you have to wait for a hit of jelly on sugarcakes before harvesting them, so stupid and disciplined I have never tasted them before : Mrgreen: precisely because of bitterness for once being stupid and disciplined is a good thing : Mrgreen:
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/01/21, 15:56

Did67 wrote:And yet the aftermath of drunkenness can be painful!

it is dehydration following excess alcohol consumption, its digestion consuming a lot of water, which causes this, by consuming water in sufficient quantity with alcohol, you will have intoxication but not the difficult tomorrow : Mrgreen:

Did67 wrote:It was while researching ergot in rye that chemists at Ciba-Geigy accidentally discovered LSD. A drop of the pipette and here they are hallucinating. Bingo!

like doing research in the lab, can bring "funny" discoveries : Mrgreen: it is the malicious use which is condannable to him : Evil:
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/01/21, 16:00

Boris70 wrote:I tried Leaf Lettuce Herbal Tea, it actually has a powerful calming effect, but I didn't like how it worked at all. I felt like it was working right in my head. Linden and lemon verbena do not have the same mode of action at all, they gently induce overall relaxation. Their infusion is fragrant while the leaf lettuce is very bitter. In short, the choice is quickly made !! Lettuce was maybe interesting when you didn't have the current painkillers.

Beware of random and uncontrolled trials, it's a blow to leave your health there if not more ... : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
as it is often said, "the realization of such or such thing is the fruit of the work of a professional not to reproduce at home" : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
even with the herbalism bible ...
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/21, 16:10

Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:And yet the aftermath of drunkenness can be painful!

it is dehydration following excess alcohol consumption, its digestion consuming a lot of water, which causes this, by consuming water in sufficient quantity with alcohol, you will have intoxication but not the difficult tomorrow : Mrgreen:

As written later, I have never experimented on my own. Finally if two or three times in my student life - not too many memories!

I report what is being said ...
0 x