Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 09/07/20, 17:12

Did67 wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
It seemed to me that 50l balanced in a few seconds with the jet benefited the plant less (especially on non-flat ground) than the same amount in drip or in this form of necklaces with slow diffusion

Or with the drain buried. In short, anything that prevents it from flowing (indeed, in the event of a slope) and which brings water deep rather than in width at the surface, will reduce losses and increase water efficiency. There is no debate.

Afterwards, these collars, oyas, buried drains, or drippers (in arid regions of Spain, there are often buried networks with a crown of drippers around the trees), that does not change much. Each manufacturer will have the arguments to say that his system is the best. And the sores will have their belief (inevitably, the oyas, an "ancestral" technique, used by the Indians I do not know how in the arid desert of Arizona, it throws! Like smoking peyote! So in memory of the Indians, we buy this 50 € each with our eyes closed and we smoke ...)

In fact, chance wanted Hogdson to make a subject on that same day.

Personally it is rather the slow diffusion watering (whatever the method) that I find relevant.
And in this specific case, my faith, it seems very lazy because the job of watering with the hose from the trees distant from several tens of meters is a bit ...Image and since it’s me who pats me.

Berf I just spent no later than today € 200 at Weldom to water the 12 young trees scattered out of the fenced area with a "Y" system so I tell myself that one in the other ...

But hey it's done it's done ... already with a hose on each side I will be cheaper ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 09/07/20, 17:14

GuyGadebois wrote:5 euros (with waterproof cement), homemade.
OyaHouse.jpg
40cm x 20cm (at the widest point)
I'm not going to buy the oyas for sores. : Cheesy:

But how do you do to bury all this mess ???
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/07/20, 17:14

OyaHouse.jpg

A hole, or a mound. : Mrgreen:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 09/07/20, 17:16

GuyGadebois wrote:
OyaHouse.jpg

A hole. : Mrgreen:

But the 2 pots make a great depth: you do that with the pickaxe?
0 x
Fritz67
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Fritz67 » 10/07/20, 12:11

Hello everybody.
As I had already explained I have the possibility of exploiting a plot in the village nearby, it has been used by my father in conventional gardening for years. I decided to apply the lazy method that suits me very well but I have a major concern: I am overgrown with bindweed : Evil: : Evil:
Under the cover of hay it is almost the only weed that has survived, with also a wild grass but which does not disturb the potatoes so me either.
I would like to know if you had a tip to get rid of it knowing that I do not go there regularly.
In fact I use this land for plants which takes up a lot of space and requires little maintenance.
1 x
It is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound that many people appear bright before they look con
Did67

by Did67 » 10/07/20, 12:22

I don't know any other trick than to be patient, and pull out the clumps (the development is spectacular), but it often starts from a few foci. Once spotted, I tear off the tuft which forms before it has had time to fill the reserve of the rhizome ... Thus, little by little, it shrinks and the bindweed becomes a stink " bonsai "; we can then cohabit without problem ...

The other "trick" is to cover in black for a few months; suddenly, the bindweed mobilizes its reserves, to form stems, which remain white in the absence of light, therefore do not photosynthesize, so do not refill the rhizome ... Pay attention to the edges, that it don't come out. Or rip / slice off anything that sticks out ..
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/07/20, 12:25

There is a third way, but it takes time (a few years): sowing alfalfa, which is mowed regularly. The alfalfa will dominate the bindweed, which will try very quickly to climb along and it is there that it is necessary to mow ... Thus at the rate of 5 or 6 mows per year and that during 3 to 5 years, one ends bit by exhaust it, while harvesting very good hay !!! But during this time, you have to cultivate elsewhere! It was one of the advantages of the rotations that farmers used to do when they were also breeders. In turn, such a plot was put into alfalfa to feed the cattle and check the bindweed (and some other weeds which do not resist this regime of repeated mowing).
2 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/07/20, 12:28

If the parameters are:
- a potato type crop and - spaced visits => then it is advisable, AMHA, to use a thicker hay than usual. Thus, it will take longer for the bindweed to reach the light and the quantity of material removed with each passage will be greater: we play on the two factors ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Fritz67
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Fritz67 » 10/07/20, 14:18

I had tried to clean by removing the hay on an uncultivated part, I tore everything off and covered with hay in good thickness. It lasted almost a month before breaking through, I started tearing off the small plants with each pass but at one point I don't know why it started suddenly. So much so that it suffocated me peas and beans. So it made me a little desperate :(
I think I will follow your advice Didier and apply a tarp.
In any case thank you for the advice : Mrgreen:
0 x
It is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound that many people appear bright before they look con
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 10/07/20, 15:02

Fritz67 wrote:I had tried to clean by removing the hay on an uncultivated part, I tore everything off and covered with hay in good thickness. It lasted almost a month before breaking through, I started tearing off the small plants with each pass but at one point I don't know why it started suddenly. So much so that it suffocated me peas and beans. So it made me a little desperate :(
I think I will follow your advice Didier and apply a tarp.
In any case thank you for the advice : Mrgreen:

a questioning about bindweed:
does bindweed kill culture? will the bindweed grow to the point of going beyond the crop and or preventing it from carrying out its photosynthesis?
Adrien cultivates in a happy brothel of weeds of all kinds, what is the particularity of the bindweed compared to these other weeds so that we have to fight particularly against him?
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)