Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
cabbage
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by cabbage » 03/07/20, 21:36

Hi, thank you Adrien : Wink:
0 x
Y am so happy cause today y found my frends .....
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 03/07/20, 22:28

Did67 wrote:The major problem linked to these ants, it is necessary to go as far as bvout, seems to me to be a kind of necrosis of the roots, even a rot, the wound related to the bite being a gateway ...

after observing the collar of my rave celery, I observe that the ants accumulate soil on the collar, which makes it covered with soil, the base of the leaves is therefore under the ground and there are active ants

I wonder, if the legend to remove the leaves from the tower would not come from there, because by spreading the hay a little, we actually see the beginning of the rave, and therefore a space in the open air of the collar what could disturb the activity of the ants, but that's what is going through my head right now, because to say that you have to remove the leaves from the tower, there is one who initially did it for some reason
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 03/07/20, 22:29

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:The series looks promising

nice presentation i will follow, maybe not with as much interest as you : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 03/07/20, 23:35

choucoune wrote:Hi, thank you Adrien : Wink:

You're welcome

Moindreffor wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:The series looks promising

nice presentation i will follow, maybe not with as much interest as you : Mrgreen:

I still have to keep up with the videos to watch ... Image
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 05/07/20, 02:21

about videos ...
I just watched a few snippets of it

and I come across a short passage where he says he discussed with "Didier, from the lazy vegetable patch"... about hay, he cites an example where the supply of hay was" a disaster "because the soil was unable to" digest "it ... ???
it's at 41:30
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/07/20, 08:36

We exchanged by email ...

"not digested ..." is his interpretation!

I do not remember what I wrote - I could find it, because our exchanges were by email only. There was no discussion. No meeting. There was an exchange of 3 emails (from memory).

He could also "interpret" what I say in one or the other video, or conference ...

But yes, I admit, because I try to be honest - it's even written in my book - that in a drought, the system seizes up, the organisms no longer work, the hay accumulates and as I do not apply fertilizer or compost, the nutrition of the plants is blocked. I called it "the double penalty".

Well, if he wants to build his notoriety by telling bullshit about the PP, I don't think he will go far. Or by "foolishly criticizing". To criticize stupidly is always to sign one's own stupidity!

I'm not in the spirit of competition, so let's say ...

I note that it was inspired by the banner of my second edition "The book that will change your vision of the vegetable garden". But the expression is not deposited. Basically, I think I am not afraid of much! To be copied is the characteristic of big brands !!!!! [humor]
3 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/07/20, 10:46

Julienmos wrote: about hay, he cites an example where the supply of hay was "a disaster" because the soil was unable to "digest" it ... ???

The example he cites is not that of Didier, but of someone else. In short, I do not think that there is material for "interpretation", it is not the PP itself in question.
0 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 05/07/20, 11:06

In any case, I was able to compare between rye straw (although from last year and more organic than organic) and hay, on very damp soil: almost no decomposition in three months for rye, very sticky and full of small animals which work under the hay (also large which play with the motor-cultivator). And suddenly, not a large yield of potatoes on the straw, the soil has not "worked" enough. Under the hay the earth has become much more flexible.
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 05/07/20, 12:35

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Julienmos wrote: about hay, he cites an example where the supply of hay was "a disaster" because the soil was unable to "digest" it ... ???

The example he cites is not that of Didier, but of someone else. In short, I do not think that there is material for "interpretation", it is not the PP itself in question.

yes, but I don't really see what the soil has to do with it (in decay or not, hay). Whether this soil is "alive and well" or not (yet), is it not rather the favorable humidity and temperature conditions, particularly at the soil-hay interface, which cause decomposition to take place, thanks to molds? (fungi) and bacteria, which are always present and when eating the hay, multiply?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/07/20, 12:50

I did not watch.

But if he says that the soil has not digested, it is not totally false when we consider the soil as living soil, therefore including the organisms found there, up to the surface ...

But you're right, "digestion", in the sense of mineralization, is located partly at the interface, partly in the low layer of hay. Not in the ground, since the hay before being digested, is not in the ground (or in a minority way: the anecic worms incorporate it) ...

If it compares to the effect of compost, which it incorporates in addition, then, in fact, this one having been digested, will be mineralized much more quickly. By bacterial route, mainly. And as it is incorporated, there are some where the soil remains moist longer, so for example 10 or 15 cm in the soil ... It is of course, question "mineralization" / therefore fertilization, more effective.

Between a "raw organic material on the surface" (not decomposed) and a "slow decomposing organic fertilizer incorporated in the soil" (slow decomposition compared to that of a mineral fertilizer), there is no picture.

The counterpart being: a) making the compost, transporting it, incorporating it; b) a considerable waste of energy therefore little deterioration, therefore requiring shivering, therefore much more work, etc ... CQFD.

In short, we compare two things that are not comparable ...

And above all, we do not worry about overdose ... I do not have his figures, but with the quantities of more or less decomposed organic matter that he brings, I do not see how his system can not be in Nitrogen "overdose" ... Mine already is! Like any conventional farmer proud of his 100 quintals of wheat / ha, we can be happy to say that it works! And close your eyes ...
Last edited by Did67 the 05 / 07 / 20, 12: 53, 1 edited once.
2 x