Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 02/07/20, 15:49

Doris wrote:Beast question, root aphids, they are almost microscopic aphids where it is visible to the naked eye? On turnips or other puny root vegetables I actually found ants or in the surroundings, on a turnip recently the roots seemed a bit thin, but I could not see aphids. After I really do not know enough, it's not yet light years that my sandy soil is willing to offer me this kind of vegetables.

This can be seen with the naked eye, by looking closely ... They are almost as big as the others, but "grayish" ...

Certain species hide in kinds of cottony masses ...

http://ephytia.inra.fr/fr/C/18286/Salad ... es-racines

But again, there are all kinds:

https://www.pthorticulture.com/fr/zone- ... s-racines/

With me, it looks more like this:

https://www.terrevivante.org/356-les-pu ... acines.htm

My ants are black, however.

I wonder if the sandy soil is not free enough ???

Often, what you also see is the ants which build like a sheath down the stem: it is to increase the stalling, to park more aphids again !!!
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 02/07/20, 16:00

Doris wrote:Beast question, root aphids, they are almost microscopic aphids where it is visible to the naked eye? On turnips or other puny root vegetables I actually found ants or in the surroundings, on a turnip recently the roots seemed a bit thin, but I could not see aphids. After I really do not know enough, it's not yet light years that my sandy soil is willing to offer me this kind of vegetables.

apparently they are small and excess nitrogen is good for them
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/07/20, 16:02

Excess nitrogen makes plants more tender; we can also see it as a correction of excesses which is a constant in nature.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 02/07/20, 16:14

Ahmed wrote:Excess nitrogen makes plants more tender; we can also see it as a correction of excesses which is a constant in nature.

aphids take advantage of softer plants so they feed more easily therefore develop better ... they do not correct excess nitrogen,
which will be washed out by rain for example, and which will cause a return of the roughness of the roots and therefore a harder life for aphids where a decrease in population, it is an opportunity for aphids, from there to see a natural correction ...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 02/07/20, 16:16

And the aphids "filter" the sap; they retain the nitrogenous parts (amino acids), to build their proteins. They reject excess sugar in the form of honeydew. Who in return interests the ants as we are interested in honey!

A plant doped with nitrogen will therefore be more interesting for aphids, which "test" the plants before settling. They do test bites (they "drip" before setting up a colony). Which is a source of virus transmission. So the virus spreads while we have never observed aphid colonies !!!

Everything fits. The best and the worst !
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/07/20, 16:49

There is correction in the sense that predator attacks can go as far as eliminating individuals who exhibit this characteristic ...
Thus, deer graze preferentially * plants from nurseries compared to "natural" seedlings ...

* Probably not only because of nitrogen, but because of a more substantial mineral richness which is more palatable because it is more interesting from a nutritional point of view.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 02/07/20, 17:01

Did67 wrote:This can be seen with the naked eye, by looking closely ... They are almost as big as the others, but "grayish" ...

Often, what you also see is the ants which build like a sheath down the stem: it is to increase the stalling, to park more aphids again !!!

It could be that in a sandy il there are less problems, in any case according to the images of the links of your post I have not seen any this year, and I do not remember having seen any in the past. Concerning the roots, which are sometimes a bit sparse, I would rather opt for larvae, but I don't have any major problems with this either either.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 02/07/20, 17:06

Doris wrote:
Did67 wrote:This can be seen with the naked eye, by looking closely ... They are almost as big as the others, but "grayish" ...

It could be that in a sandy il there are less problems, in any case according to the images of the links of your post I have not seen any this year, and I do not remember having seen any in the past. Concerning the roots, which are sometimes a bit sparse, I would rather opt for larvae, but I don't have any major problems with this either either.

Define the kind of ants that are around your plants and see if this breed raises root aphids, it's a good clue.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Did67

by Did67 » 02/07/20, 17:37

Ahmed wrote:There is correction in the sense that predator attacks can go as far as eliminating individuals who exhibit this characteristic ...

With however, in this case, the "problem" which is related to the man ... It is more a "punishment" than a correction. Even if, indeed, a "minor puncture" can re-balance the plant?

The major problem linked to these ants, it is necessary to go as far as bvout, seems to me to be a kind of necrosis of the roots, even a rot, the wound related to the bite being a gateway ...
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 02/07/20, 23:01

The series looks promising

Long live weed science : Mrgreen:

0 x