Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 01/07/20, 18:41

Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:Still it should be a minimum credible, the guy!

it's the hardest to find, I know a mediator, but he is not credible ... even if he plays rather well in front of a camera

Ah him! I pay dearly for it to scare the dogs! I noticed that there is a positive correlation between lack of humor and lack of flexibility in market gardening techniques!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 01/07/20, 18:53

Did67 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:Still it should be a minimum credible, the guy!

it's the hardest to find, I know a mediator, but he is not credible ... even if he plays rather well in front of a camera

Ah him! I pay dearly for it to scare the dogs! I noticed that there is a positive correlation between lack of humor and lack of flexibility in market gardening techniques!

open your eyes and observe, but do not raise your head to look at the Moon ... and therefore yes by observing well, there are associations, correlations, and sometimes even solutions ...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 02/07/20, 01:16

One of your comments Didier on "puny plants" caught my attention ...

How do you manage them?

Currently with tomatoes I have big differences (for plants transplanted at the same time) so suddenly this question is topical and your point of view interests me.

FYI last year I also had this configuration but on a lot less plants and the 2 or 3 puny of summer had become the blazers of autumn about to produce when the blazers of summer had become the puny, or the dying of autumn.
Unfortunately a blunder one evening, not covering the chests, has reduced everything to nothing.

But it is clear that the "balance of power" had been dramatically reversed.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 02/07/20, 02:01

You are quoted in the video ....
As usual it turns in a loop (argument already repeatedly cited in this chain) on your mole rats.
(https://www.) youtube.com/watch?v=689WNZiFMi8
remove the parentheses to access the link: don't want to advertise it Image

What about the morning dew that would not reach the ground due to mulching?
"Mulching" used in my opinion wrongly because given the diversity of the roofing materials cited (and not only straw) it is more like mulch.

When we read the comments we understand that there is work to be done ... that's the case to say it. Image
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/07/20, 08:10

The mail which leaves perplexed, read in the cafe this morning ... I think I said it or wrote: under my airs of gross brute, I hide a great sensitivity!

"It was in 2002, I was 34 years old, that a doctor told me that I was going to gradually lose the use of my legs.
Everything seems to collapse around me. Family, professional life, leisure, projects, etc etc ..... Yes everything except
my desire to fight and find various solutions to stay active in several areas. Especially gardening
that I have been practicing since the death of my father. Little by little, year after year, I look for solutions for myself
move. Today I use a small electric quad which makes my life a lot easier. One day, someone tells me about the lazy vegetable garden and lends me your first book. Immediately read, immediately adopted.
Thanks to you and your generous video sharing, I grow seated, a garden of about 4 acres that I have as I go along
adapted according to the evolution of my handicap.
For my birthday, my sister (Xxxxx) gave me your last book with a very nice dedication. What happiness!
I wish (dream) to be able to visit your vegetable patch, but I know that you are in great demand.
Thanks to you if you read these few lines.

A convinced and admirer of what you do. "
2 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/07/20, 08:17

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:One of your comments Didier on "puny plants" caught my attention ...

How do you manage them?

Currently with tomatoes I have big differences (for plants transplanted at the same time) so suddenly this question is topical and your point of view interests me.

It depends. I'm trying to make the correct "presumptive diagnosis":

- cucumber, as we can see (cucurbits in a general way): I tear off as quickly as possible, to avoid that it is transmitted (and I try not to put plants from this family in the same place); there is a good chance that it is a virosis

- potato: in general, it is too late; if some feet are more puny, the others are viros too

- tomatoes: it seems to me less to be the virus than "foot diseases" (root rot - bacteria or fungi - at the start of installation, cold soils etc; or then nematodes where the tomatoes keep coming back - greenhouse, tunnel ; but I am investigating the foot which is in the video, the breeding of root aphids by the ants; there, a good repeated rinsing with water should suffice, the ants pack up in the slush)...

- of course, first, I check that they are not the mole rats: I dig with my finger around the plant ...
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 02/07/20, 13:53

Did67 wrote:It depends. I'm trying to make the correct "presumptive diagnosis":

- cucumber, as we can see (cucurbits in a general way): I tear off as quickly as possible, to avoid that it is transmitted (and I try not to put plants from this family in the same place); there is a good chance that it is a virosis

- potato: in general, it is too late; if some feet are more puny, the others are viros too

- tomatoes: it seems to me less to be the virus than "foot diseases" (root rot - bacteria or fungi - at the start of installation, cold soils etc; or then nematodes where the tomatoes keep coming back - greenhouse, tunnel ; but I am investigating the foot which is in the video, the breeding of root aphids by the ants; there, a good repeated rinsing with water should suffice, the ants pack up in the slush)...

- of course, first, I check that they are not the mole rats: I dig with my finger around the plant ...

at my house a tomato foot which seems to be thirsty while the others next to superb, a gallery of voles just below, I packed following the gallery, it also passed near other feet which started to have the same symptoms

a cabbage, all withered, I thought I had an attack in the ground, I uprooted, I found ants, too bad one less the following week, 2 roe celery, plus a single leaf in the air , observation of ants and aphids again in the collar, big watering of the collar, recovery in the hour which follows, then same symptoms on another cabbage, I water abundantly, it comes back to him, and it continues, on another cabbage, each time watering allows to put back, but the vegetables are late

I think that the aphids of the roots weaken and that the dry and hot weather worsens, in any case at home, it can go until the near death of the foot, elsewhere with a little rain it must just slow down ... this n is that my belief
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 02/07/20, 14:27

There is a period, after slugs, with these root aphids ...

The dry favors them greatly.

You leave something waterproof, and in a few days, you have ants underneath: a tile, a saucer, etc ...

I think that the humidity dissuades them or complicates their work. It must be said that their galleries are real networks. So you drown regularly, and they run away!

That's what I suspect about the "puny" tomato plant.

This root aphid + ants system delights in root vegetables: carrots, celery, artichokes (even if the inflorescence is eaten, the artichoke has a powerful root!) ...
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 02/07/20, 15:26

Beast question, root aphids, they are almost microscopic aphids where it is visible to the naked eye? On turnips or other puny root vegetables I actually found ants or in the surroundings, on a turnip recently the roots seemed a bit thin, but I could not see aphids. After I really do not know enough, it's not yet light years that my sandy soil is willing to offer me this kind of vegetables.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 02/07/20, 15:31

Doris wrote:Beast question, root aphids, they are almost microscopic aphids where it is visible to the naked eye? On turnips or other puny root vegetables I actually found ants or in the surroundings, on a turnip recently the roots seemed a bit thin, but I could not see aphids. After I really do not know enough, it's not yet light years that my sandy soil is willing to offer me this kind of vegetables.

agriculture/le-potager-du-paresseux-jardiner-plus-que-bio-sans-fatigue-t13846-18580.html?hilit=pucerons%20des%20racines#p400662
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)