Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Paul72 » 26/02/20, 12:47

phil12 wrote:Hello !

A little thing is running into my head, since we are on viruses etc. yesterday I used a shredder to make BRF.
When pruning it is recommended to disinfect the tools well so as not to carry spores or diseases, there I grind branches therefore more or less healthy and I disseminate in a puzzle way (little thought for Volfoni) in the four corners of my orchard / vegetable patch .
I think there is food for thought.

I also ask myself the question, I did not dare to grind branches of elm, for fear of spreading the graphiosis (the elms reject of stump, but the branches die after ten years on average)
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
Fritz67
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Fritz67 » 26/02/20, 12:56

Hello to all lazy gardeners.
I am new to the forum, well almost since I have already read more than half of the 1600 pages (I'll get to the end be sure : Cheesy: )
I eagerly read the Didier book and saw most of his videos even if some are a little long (sorry Didier I had to say it)
I have been an amateur gardener for almost 10 years with the traditional method, I speak well of the method of working the land and everything but last year following the death of my father I have the possibility of doubling my surface of vegetable garden but what work especially as the plot is in the village next door.
It was by chance that I discovered Didier's book, but it fell to the point since I am very lazy at heart.
It's going to be a test year for me and my wife but I can't wait to get started and see the results (and share with you of course)
I am in the same climate as Didier since I live 20 km from his home.
Good day to everyone and see you soon
1 x
It is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound that many people appear bright before they look con
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/20, 13:27

Paul72 wrote:
I also ask myself the question, I did not dare to grind branches of elm, for fear of spreading the graphiosis (the elms reject of stump, but the branches die after ten years on average)

Fortunately, most "diseases" (parasites) are specific: that is, they only have the key to a single species or a single family. Even the late blight of the pdt is not the mildew of the vine which is not that of the tomato ...
2 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 26/02/20, 13:29

Did67 wrote:
Paul72 wrote:

Fortunately, most "diseases" (parasites) are specific: that is, they only have the key to a single species or a single family. Even the late blight of the pdt is not the mildew of the vine which is not that of the tomato ...

Ben that, you still teach me a nice one! I did not think it would be different between the tomato and the potato yet from the same family ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/20, 13:47

PAN ON THE SPOUT !!!!!

I was too fast, with my brain too frozen (I come from outside, where I connected 4 more tanks; the wind is cold this morning!). Tomato was too much at the end of the sentence. It's lettuce that I should have written !!!

Tomato and potato, it is the same, in fact, Phytophtora infestans.

It is that of the vine that is different: Plasmopara viticola. Or that of lettuce, which is a Bremia lactucae.
Last edited by Did67 the 26 / 02 / 20, 13: 48, 1 edited once.
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 26/02/20, 13:47

stephgouv wrote: : Arrow: Isn't there a risk that hay seeds on the TOP (in the last 5 cm of the 20 cm) will germinate?
I want to give a convincing and fair answer to skeptics.

We can have spontaneous surveys, I have had them since the beginning of the year, my hay of cover comes this time from a temporary meadow. But this is nothing dramatic, in the thick layer it does not take root, if there is only a bit here and there, we pull, if there is a tuft, a shot fork to stir the hay, and you're done.
2 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Yool
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Yool » 26/02/20, 14:03

Doris wrote:
stephgouv wrote: : Arrow: Isn't there a risk that hay seeds on the TOP (in the last 5 cm of the 20 cm) will germinate?

We can have spontaneous surveys, I have had them since the beginning of the year, my hay of cover comes this time from a temporary meadow. But this is nothing dramatic, in the thick layer it does not take root, if there is only a bit here and there, we pull, if there is a tuft, a shot fork to stir the hay, and you're done.

Yes indeed, the seeds can germinate on the surface if the lower hay layer is very humid and the temperatures are too high as this winter. I have had the experience this season. As Doris says, you have to turn the hay when you see sprouts in it. Better to do it quickly enough (within 2 - 3 weeks) and do not let it grow, because I left some on a board just to see and the roots become powerful and it is not easy to remove without pulling out a big clod of earth. I speak especially for the grasses from which the hay comes. On the boards where I returned it, very little regrowth observed.
1 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 26/02/20, 14:11

Did67 wrote:PAN ON THE SPOUT !!!!!

I was too fast, with my brain too frozen (I come from outside, where I connected 4 more tanks; the wind is cold this morning!). Tomato was too much at the end of the sentence. It's lettuce that I should have written !!!

Tomato and potato, it is the same, in fact, Phytophtora infestans.

It is that of the vine that is different: Plasmopara viticola. Or that of lettuce, which is a Bremia lactucae.

it happens to everyone, the awakening of the deckchair sometimes difficult : Cheesy:
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 26/02/20, 14:14

phil12 wrote:Hello !

since we are on viruses etc ... yesterday I used a grinder to make BRF .

watch out for the ToBRFV : Mrgreen:
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/20, 15:51

stephgouv wrote:Didier, I am often asked the same question and I cannot answer it:
: Arrow: Isn't there a risk that hay seeds on the TOP (in the last 5 cm of the 20 cm) will germinate?

As Doris said, yes, it can happen, when you put hay and you have a wet period without it drying out ... Personally, I've never had a problem. But two or three people pointed it out to me ...

So what can I say?

a) Do not try to convince those who are not ready to put a little mess in their garden: no, you cannot have a perfectly clean garden as if it were weeded with Roundup ... The big risk in trying to to convince is to run up against people who do not want to change the paradigm. Who just want an "green" varnish on their vegetable garden. But above all, it must be clean, aligned, nickel ... In short, as before!

b) If they want to try anyway: if there is grass growing, it will always be less than what is in a meadow; However, my vegetable garden was 80% of the meadow, never worked, never roundup, never passed to the tiller ... So if I manage to control a meadow, some herbs that grow back, it's cat pee next door! If it stresses out, a pharmacist should be seen. And get prescribed an anxiolytic!

c) Invite them to reason "cohabitation" with weeds which are not bad, which for a long time, build and nourish the life of the grounds ... And read the chapter of the book which concerns the cultures "under living cover" (in the second book, there are the photos!).
2 x