Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by izentrop » 18/04/19, 18:43

Did67 wrote: I have written quite often that glyphosate, if it is the best known of pesticides, is not the most dangerous [unless the fact that it would be endocrine disruptor, appeared recently, was to be fair
The last study is too capillacular to confirm : Mrgreen:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/04/19, 19:47

Did67 wrote:
nico239 wrote:That does not surprise me...

Outside the tunnel he has a particular technique or a special situation?

You could see the combination was the gap between the layers of tarp or if they are simply 2 tarpaulins (special or not?) Asked one on the other?

Does the temperature never go below 0 in its tunnel?

It still makes questions

I have to go back ...

It was "Open Doors"; as I know the house, I wandered around and we just exchanged quickly in this tunnel ...

Ok if you have some photos as a bonus ....Image
0 x
Grizbi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Grizbi » 18/04/19, 21:14

nico239 wrote:
My faith it is the recommendations ... LPO since I am "refuge" also and that I will soon go get hedgehogs to Buoux ... to reintroduce them

LPO recommendations

Some important information before recovering the animal:

* Hedgehogs are not released if the weight does not match:
In the summer: + 500g
In autumn-spring: + 600g

* They must be able to curl properly to limit the risk of predation and feed themselves and the risk of infection must have been ruled out.

* They have the behavior adapted to find their natural environment

You will have to pick up the hedgehog yourself at the backup center within a week of the message that the hedgehog may be released.

Here is the address of the center: Castle environment 84480 BUOUX

Hedgehogs are wild and protected animals, it is forbidden to force them to stay on your land by grilling, or keeping it in captivity.

You will need a bowl of water in summer and winter, and a shelter under a hedge (a pallet covered with dead leaves and / or straw), and kibble for cat in winter only.

We favor the welfare of the animal after months of care, thank you to understand if the criteria seem meticulous.

Nico239,

I have the impression that only the LPO PACA proposes this adoption initiative? You know ? In any case I found nothing on the net. My parents have the same problem as Didier (they are in the aude) and would probably have been interested in this possibility of adoption.
At home in Essonne no worries, I have 2 families of hedgehogs who wander ... I just made sure that all the fences had at least one passage hole of 12x12 and roll youth.

I admit that I have succumbed to the tendency to build a small habitat for them. I do not know if he is busy but at least he is there and they too : Cheesy:

3F078068-4633-406D-B7D7-F9F9F16B7BFE.jpeg
1 Hedgehog House

45A6925C-974D-4C2B-9ED3-AF353B2FDAB5.jpeg
2 Hedgehog House
2 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/04/19, 21:16

Grizbi wrote:Nico239,

I have the impression that only the LPO PACA proposes this adoption initiative? You know ? In any case I found nothing on the net. My parents have the same problem as Didier (they are in the aude) and would probably have been interested in this possibility of adoption.
At home in Essonne no worries, I have 2 families of hedgehogs who wander ... I just made sure that all the fences had at least one passage hole of 12x12 and roll youth.

I admit that I have succumbed to the tendency to build a small habitat for them. I do not know if he is busy but at least he is there and they too : Cheesy:

3F078068-4633-406D-B7D7-F9F9F16B7BFE.jpeg

45A6925C-974D-4C2B-9ED3-AF353B2FDAB5.jpeg

Really?

From memory I searched the net and there were many who proposed adoptions ....
0 x
Grizbi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Grizbi » 18/04/19, 21:21

nico239 wrote:
Really?

If you still have the links on hand it interests me, initially I only typed lpo adopting hedgehog and there was only lpo PACA that came out. By just typing hedgehog adoption I fall on the NACs and how to handle a hedgehog IN the house ... not really the goal here :frown:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/04/19, 21:21

Grizbi wrote:
nico239 wrote:
Really?

If you still have the links on hand it interests me, initially I only typed lpo adopting hedgehog and there was only lpo PACA that came out. By just typing hedgehog adoption I fall on the NACs and how to handle a hedgehog IN the house ... not really the goal here :frown:

Where are your parents?
0 x
Grizbi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Grizbi » 18/04/19, 21:35

nico239 wrote:
Grizbi wrote:

Where are your parents?

In the Aude next to Narbonne.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/04/19, 23:47

They do not miss at home. They have several shelters: a pile of sheets, a building without a door or they can take refuge under a bric-a-brac (I've already caught a hibernation) and a pile of wood at the neighbor's house. Moreover, I noticed their return from activity for about 3 weeks by droppings left (photo) ... By their size, we can assume that they are well fed, yet I see very few slugs.
the big problem today is the loss of places of life, fences and obstacles everywhere, the dogs (mine has been taught to respect them, but I watch it anyway.). The recrudescence of ticks too, they are covered and their predators (ticks) are rare.
In my village, there are still some undeveloped building plots, but for how much longer ...
Attachments
IMG_20190417_104751.jpg
Passage opened by the dog
IMG_20190417_104426.jpg
well-fed hedgehog, fat of my little finger.
IMG_20190417_104426.jpg (399.48 KB) Viewed times 1936
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/04/19, 23:57

izentrop wrote:They do not miss at home. They have several shelters: a pile of sheets, a building without a door or they can take refuge under a bric-a-brac (I've already caught a hibernation) and a pile of wood at the neighbor's house. Moreover, I noticed their return from activity for about 3 weeks by droppings left (photo) ... By their size, we can assume that they are well fed, yet I see very few slugs.
the big problem today is the loss of places of life, fences and obstacles everywhere, the dogs (mine has been taught to respect them, but I watch it anyway.). The recrudescence of ticks too, they are covered and their predators (ticks) are rare.
In my village, there are still some undeveloped building plots, but for how much longer ...

As many in the Vaucluse ticks were very numerous and we had to treat cats of course.

So much here in 2 summer I had to see one and suddenly we do not treat cats anymore.

However, it depends on the years and we must remain vigilant.

Unless there are more tick predators in this wilder environment?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/04/19, 09:38

Yes, species regression is usually related to habitat loss (not just for orangutans). Or food ... Sometimes a new predator ...

We are very agitated to "save" the species, we set up beehives to protect the bees, but if they die of hunger, we hardly advance. In a conf, I said that it amounted to fighting a famine in Bangladesh by installing low-cost housing ... Which does not mean that we should not take care of injured hedgehogs, etc ... Simply, that is not enough !

The risk is to give yourself a clear conscience, even to believe yourself "exemplary", while nothing is solved!
2 x