Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Julienmos » 21/01/19, 18:37

Did67 wrote:Videos to watch ...

And as if by chance, which "relativizes" the compost,

It is quite astonishing - but fair - to hear someone imply that a soil rich in humus is almost "dead soil" (in the sense that it does not "turn" fast enough). Or that adding compost does little to stimulate soil life

I already mentioned this video a year ago

agriculture / the-garden-of-lazy-garden-more-than-bio-without-fatigue-t13846-8950.html

precisely speaking of compost, I do not pick up too much ...

he says that it is not a fertilizer, not in the short term ... that the compost "sequesters" its elements a little ... that it is rather a "reserve" product for the soil.

(first video to 21: 20)

but I thought that a compost, as it is already well decomposed (if it is ripe), the minerals have concentrated, and so it will have a significant fertilizing effect (you write it yourself in your book) .
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/01/19, 18:40

Moindreffor wrote:... how many reasoned farms (I don't like to say "organic" because it no longer makes sense) could be created with such a sum

What seems more serious to me is that even those who complain about it maintain this system. Citizens deserve the mayor they have! Fortunately, it is they who pay at the end - but that does not fit in the caterpillar of our sparrows pecking subsidies! They only realize it when others benefit!

I bet anything you want they are proud of their garden. While as "public deficit diggers", they should be on the roundabouts to be against.

From where my perfidy, which is perhaps gone unnoticed: how many of these 29 were on the roundabouts to ask that one stop the murder with taxes!

While they play perfectly the game they denounce. When it comes to THEIR interest (or what they perceive as such).
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/01/19, 18:51

Julienmos wrote:
I already mentioned this video a year ago

agriculture / the-garden-of-lazy-garden-more-than-bio-without-fatigue-t13846-8950.html

precisely speaking of compost, I do not pick up too much ...

he says that it is not a fertilizer, not in the short term ... that the compost "sequesters" its elements a little ... that it is rather a "reserve" product for the soil.

(first video to 21: 20)

but I thought that a compost, as it is already well decomposed (if it is ripe), the minerals have concentrated, and so it will have a significant fertilizing effect (you write it yourself in your book) .

Ah! I had zapped at the time.

On the question: once again, it's more complicated! And in 45 mn, he had no chance to be complete!

The compost you bring is several things:

a) more or less decomposed organic matter, emptied of most of its energy; that one, seeing that it is emptied of its energy, is "slow"; as there are essentially woody elements remaining (therefore poor in nitrogen), the continued decomposition in the soil will sequester a little nitrogen [he does not say this, but I add: but as it is slow, and that after everything, the tonnage is low, it goes unnoticed; nothing to do with the effect of a massive supply of straw or sawdust!]

b) but this same organic matter is ALSO a kind of "sponge" which has absorbed the mineral elements resulting from the already completed decomposition of "fast" materials, celluloses etc of "green materials", mainly by bacteria ... Finally, what has not been washed away!

So ripe compost has a fairly rapid effect as an organic fertilizer (less than mineral fertilizers which dissolve very quickly), due to the elements resulting from the mineralization of the green part. Once this sponge sucked, it will be a "slower" of cycles (compared to fresh organic matter or hay) and a "pump" of elements ...

Well watch the video considering that the guy focuses on soil organic matter and its effects on biological life. He only talks about that. It does not speak of solution of the soil, in which very quickly will be the mineral fraction brought.
1 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 21/01/19, 23:39

Concerning the 29, I tried to share my point of view by saying that with such a sum we could have proposed a lot to many more people with a land to develop more reasonably.
Curiously almost nobody is of this opinion, on the contrary many told me that it was normal compared to the taxes they pay.
In the regulation it is even written that the portal must be locked even when a member is there. A shame for a development paid with taxpayers' money.
1 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 22/01/19, 01:16

It is a kind of privatization of public space. This kind of situation is reproduced so much and at various levels that it is frowned upon to call it into question, or even simply to underline this state of affairs! This is green morale but it must also be said that our institutions greatly promote this operation.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 22/01/19, 09:14

phil53 wrote:Concerning the 29, I tried to share my point of view by saying that with such a sum we could have proposed a lot to many more people with a land to develop more reasonably.
Curiously almost nobody is of this opinion, on the contrary many told me that it was normal compared to the taxes they pay.
In the regulation it is even written that the portal must be locked even when a member is there. A shame for a development paid with taxpayers' money.

it's part of what I call the key words, to get a grant, it's not the quality of the project that matters is its description with the use of a maximum of keywords, just good analyze the situation, the time, the expectations and you get what you want

I saw great projects go by the wayside simply because they did not fit into such a framework and projects to the con receive a welcome they did not deserve, we live in political world, too many people l forget and neglect
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/01/19, 09:32

Julienmos wrote:precisely speaking of compost, I do not pick up too much ...
The conclusion of the video is that death gives life. The micros and macros organisms that are goinfrés fresh matter, do not end up dying. This material and that of their droppings, assimilated by the roots joined the ground with each rain, but if it is not consumed quickly joined the stable humic matter.
Juices could be an intermediate solution?
https://www.pthorticulture.com/fr/zone- ... -sans-sol/
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/01/19, 10:55

The conclusion of the video is that death gives life.
formula a bit reductive! The death of some maintenance the lives of others, which has neither the same meaning nor the same value.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Did67

by Did67 » 22/01/19, 11:01

Moindreffor wrote:
I saw great projects go by the wayside simply because they did not fit into such a framework and projects to the con receive a welcome they did not deserve, we live in political world, too many people l forget and neglect

The role of a good "project manager" is to dress a project to make it "bankable", as they say ...

We can dress good projects - even if this is not always obvious, innovative ideas are, by definition, not "mainstream". And we whore dress, for interest, bad projects. "Interest" designating as much the ego, the need for professional success, as the pecuniary interest in the strict sense (keeping your job, receiving your%, receiving your end-of-year bonus, being promoted) ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/01/19, 11:08

izentrop wrote:
The conclusion of the video is that death gives life. The micros and macros organisms that are goinfrés fresh matter, do not end up dying. This material and that of their droppings, assimilated by the roots joined the ground with each rain, but if it is not consumed quickly joined the stable humic matter.
Juices could be an intermediate solution?

The real conclusion is that the living is a cyclical mechanism: it always recycles the same elements. Of course, since they are in limited quantity.

Moreover, the basic mechanisms of living things are very officially described as "cycles": "Krebs cycle", "Calvin cycle", "C4 cycle", etc ...

The consequence, in fact, is that the living (of some) is born from death (of others). I expressed I do not know where the deadly side of those who dream of "the eternal man". Which would be the death of humanity!

In all this, from my point of view, the "juices" are nothing - a pitiful "extraction" of soluble mineral or organic elements - very low in energy in general - and living organisms (spores, etc ...) microscopic, washable ... It is above all the good conscience of man who always thinks of himself as the one through whom happiness must come. Paradigm 1 (in my conference at the National Permaculture Meetings) ...
1 x